The Different Religions Of Mafia Players From Around The World - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. ISO #201
    Ganelon

Re: The Different Religions Of Mafia Players From Around The World

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Judaism evolved, by some accounts, rather forcefully, from Canaanite polytheism, which makes a lot of sense if you look at the Old Testament as if you were reading Greek myths. God resembles a Pagan God through and through. The Kingdoms of Israel (Judea and Israel itself) venerated Yahweh (or Ba'al Hamon, if I'm not mistaken) as their national god, but they didn't hold him to be the only god. They attempted to reinforce belief in that god by completely rewriting their traditional religion and turning it from a form of polytheism into a form of henotheism-monotheism. Now, the idea that they actively rewrote their own religion sounds a bit fanciful, but it's generally agreed that Judaism (and, therefore, Christianity) evolved from Semitic polytheism.
    This would be it @Gyrlander

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203
    Rachyl

Okay, i read all your comments. Thanks for backing me up guys. This guy was a total jerk.....i just wanted to give my opinions and my beliefs. I didnt realize people would be so offended by all of it......and i dont mean to condemn anyone to Hell, but when you basically say that you are without sin, we all know that that is garbage. The bible says that we are all sinners reference 1 John 1:8 For if we say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us." reference romans 3:10 "as it is written, there is none righteous, no not one". reference romans 3:23 " For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". See? i can use these bible verses to pretty much proof that we are all sinners. I just wanted this to be a forum where we could share our personal beliefs nothing more, nothing less. If you cant handle it, then please leave the forum. I only wanna talk to like-minded people who want to share theyre story. and yes the bible is the 100% word of God. and thats what i stand on. if you expected me to use anything other than the bible, than your sadly mistaken. If you guys only knew the power of Jesus Christ, you would be a believer too! Jesus casted out demons, he healed the sick, cast out lepers, walked on water, turned water into wine. ANDDDDD he was the prophesied messiah. btw you can look up bible prophecies that have been fufilled that is proof too. In case you wanted to know.....im sure i can pull up a website or two to proove it. or you can look up JD Farag on youtube he has some good stuff too! Anyways. im sorry to everyone that i offended. May God be with you all <3

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I still don't know if Rachyl is trolling or not.
    oh yeah grylander lol. i started this topic just to trolll everyone. totally!

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207
    Rachyl

I consider you to have the capacity to do it.
    Actually i dont have the capacity to do it......im not really that smart

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    oh yeah grylander lol. i started this topic just to trolll everyone. totally!
    This thread was doomed to crash and burn the moment it was conceived lol. Religion is such a sensitive topic, I don't know what else you were expecting, opening a discussion thread to public. You'll get two main kinds of people, (1) those who want to propagate their own faith, and (2) people who want to shit on other people's beliefs.

Most casual believers or non-believers wouldn't bother discussing matters of faith at all. The people who would be most likely to contribute to such a thread are fervent believers or disbelievers. Even in the case of the former, there are many different faiths, so even if OzyWho didn't shit on your beliefs, you may still have gotten into an inter-religion argument.

Alternatively, in the absence of conflicting faiths or disbelievers, you would have ended up with a group of like-minded Christians and this would've turned into a Christian worship group.

A discussion about different religions was never gonna work out. The nature of most faiths prevent the existence of others; they are mutually exclusive. How can one claim to be a true believer of one faith, when you are willing to tolerate the blasphemies of other faiths?

You would've ended up with either inter-religion conflict or an intra-religion worship group.

Maybe you were looking for fellow Christians to join in your worship. Maybe you were looking for followers of other religions so that you can prove to them they're wrong. Maybe you were looking for non-believers to convert. Or maybe, it's what it says on the tin and all you wanted was to find out more about other religions of Mafia players; in which case you must have been really optimistic that any other outcome other than this would've happened.

Whatever the case, this was never gonna work out.

Also, just so I don't go off-topic: I'm a free thinker and I don't want to talk about why I'm a free thinker.
    Last edited by Exeter350; May 18th, 2018 at 08:17 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

10. ISO #210
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    I'm dumbier, trust me, that's why i wasn't a part of this debate. Because i think this debate is not for me.
    it was never a debate lol......it was simply for people to voice theyre beliefs

11. ISO #211
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    This thread was doomed to crash and burn the moment it was conceived lol. Religion is such a sensitive topic, I don't know what else you were expecting, opening a discussion thread to public. You'll get two main kinds of people, (1) those who want to propagate their own faith, and (2) people who want to shit on other people's beliefs.

Most casual believers or non-believers wouldn't bother discussing matters of faith at all. The people who would be most likely to contribute to such a thread are fervent believers or disbelievers. Even in the case of the former, there are many different faiths, so even if OzyWho didn't shit on your beliefs, you may still have gotten into an inter-religion argument.

Alternatively, in the absence of conflicting faiths or disbelievers, you would have ended up with a group of like-minded Christians and this would've turned into a Christian worship group.

A discussion about different religions was never gonna work out. The nature of most faiths prevent the existence of others; they are mutually exclusive. How can one claim to be a true believer of one faith, when you are willing to tolerate the blasphemies of other faiths?

You would've ended up with either inter-religion conflict or an intra-religion worship group.

Maybe you were looking for fellow Christians to join in your worship. Maybe you were looking for followers of other religions so that you can prove to them they're wrong. Maybe you were looking for non-believers to convert. Or maybe, it's what it says on the tin and all you wanted was to find out more about other religions of Mafia players; in which case you must have been really optimistic that any other outcomes other than this would've happened.

Whatever the case, this was never gonna work out.
    I was looking for fellow christians, and non believers to convert. but i guess that wont be happening lol

12. ISO #212

Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    I was looking for fellow christians, and non believers to convert. but i guess that wont be happening lol
    Any serious believer or non-believer wouldn't be swayed so easily with one (or many) conversation, and casual believers or non-believers wouldn't care either way.

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

How is Jesus racist, Jesus was literally a Jew...
    jesus didn't svae those poor aficans.
    Instead he just let them be sold as slaves.
    according to @Stealthbomber16 , jesus is benevolent.
    that's why i say he is racist.
    the Jester Leader

15. ISO #215

I don't shit on other religions, yes, i maybe don't believe in their religion, but i don't shit. Also, if you're going to say about crusades, it's catholics, my country is orthdox and yes, we was defending against catholics, ever through it's a christianity too. Mind, that musulims wasn't always terrorists also.

The thread resulted as pepole dividing by 2 groups: (1) Christian Scumbags, (2) Atheist Scumbags. Yes, both are scumbags, because they started a war of nonsense, big nonsense. Through, i wasn't on either atheism and christian sides, because all of these wasn't correct. Why? Because atheists started the war (as always...) and christian pepole supported the project of starting a war!

I wasn't partipicating in this conflict, because most of pepole was shitting in this thread. Reading this thread will result as getting some cancerous brain cells.

And yes, i'm not christian, fuck off.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

16. ISO #216

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    It had potential, still does if it can progress from here. I enjoyed reading Ratatoskr's input and Mag's little tibits. Those were actually productive posts that I like to read on this topic.
    I stopped reading at page 3/4 because it was getting cancerous.

There are cool-headed, chill and friendly people like Mag and Rata who just want to discuss things because it's interesting, but they are exceedingly rare.

For matters of faith (or politics), due to the sensitivity of the topic, you usually get the types discussed in my earlier post (#209).

17. ISO #217

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219
    Rachyl

Can I ask you the reason for why you started being catholic in 2016? And what you believed before?
    im not catholic. and before i was pagan/wiccan. but i came out of that when i came to christianity

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

22. ISO #222
    Rachyl

Wait, so what are you now? o.O
    Im a baptist Christian.....i mentioned that i came to christianity. im not catholic though.......

23. ISO #223

I'm not religious. But my father is a muslim. My mother converted to Islam (after having a christian upbringing) but her faith waned after my parent's divorce.

On the topic of religion though, I always found it super interesting how religions develop and come into existence, but I've never actually properly researched it.

I'm making some ignorant generalizations, but it seems that religions are, to an extent, molded by their environment. A crude example of this would obviously be how people who live far from the coast are clearly never going to develop any gods related to the sea. But we can make some more interesting conjectures than that. For example, perhaps the following are true:

-Autocratic empires are more likely to be monotheistic, because emperors will want to homogenize religious practices so the people of an empire to gain a sense of shared identity that transcends their differing cultures. A religion with many gods has many dimensions and thus encourages more branches and more divisions (which is inconvenient in an empire). Furthermore, gods believed in by the people who have been conquered will be regarded as less powerful and lose popularity over time. Thus reducing the "god-pool" (lol XD)

-Religions founded in more urbanized civilizations are more likely to be human-centric. For example, a religion founded in a tribe that lives among the trees n shit is going to view the universe at large as having less to do with humans. They'll view themselves as a small part of a larger system. On the other hand, a religion founded in a place where there's humans and human structures for miles in every direction is much more likely to view humans as the center of the universe and make creation stories revolving around humans (i.e. god made the world in 6 days for humans to propagate, perhaps to test whether they're worthy of heaven)

It'd be interesting to know if someone could reasonably offer evidence for such conjectures by studying a large sample of world religions.

(sorry if these points have already been made. I only read the first 6 or so pages lol)

24. ISO #224
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I'm not religious. But my father is a muslim. My mother converted to Islam (after having a christian upbringing) but her faith waned after my parent's divorce.

On the topic of religion though, I always found it super interesting how religions develop and come into existence, but I've never actually properly researched it.

I'm making some ignorant generalizations, but it seems that religions are, to an extent, molded by their environment. A crude example of this would obviously be how people who live far from the coast are clearly never going to develop any gods related to the sea. But we can make some more interesting conjectures than that. For example, perhaps the following are true:

-Autocratic empires are more likely to be monotheistic, because emperors will want to homogenize religious practices so the people of an empire to gain a sense of shared identity that transcends their differing cultures. A religion with many gods has many dimensions and thus encourages more branches and more divisions (which is inconvenient in an empire). Furthermore, gods believed in by the people who have been conquered will be regarded as less powerful and lose popularity over time. Thus reducing the "god-pool" (lol XD)

-Religions founded in more urbanized civilizations are more likely to be human-centric. For example, a religion founded in a tribe that lives among the trees n shit is going to view the universe at large as having less to do with humans. They'll view themselves as a small part of a larger system. On the other hand, a religion founded in a place where there's humans and human structures for miles in every direction is much more likely to view humans as the center of the universe and make creation stories revolving around humans (i.e. god made the world in 6 days for humans to propagate, perhaps to test whether they're worthy of heaven)

It'd be interesting to know if someone could reasonably offer evidence for such conjectures by studying a large sample of world religions.

(sorry if these points have already been made. I only read the first 6 or so pages lol)
    I totally agree with the points you made here. + 3Reputstion to you sir

25. ISO #225

+5 from me lol.

Religion is a powerful political tool, and I wonder whether it's all just a sham used throughout history by rulers, religious leaders and individuals to manipulate people and push their personal agendas.
    Last edited by Exeter350; May 18th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

Exactly. When you really start to ask yourself what are religions and how could they have been formed you come out with conclusions that, for me, make them appear as what they truly are, a natural product of a live being that has been given the power of thought (which is a blessing but a curse as well). In my opinion religions are just a way to explain things that cannot be explained, specially powerful events such as volcano eruptions or things such as the Sun and/or to find something to dedicate your life to and not feel empty. It is also interesting that people that go through hard moments in their life sometimes become religious in order to not feel devastated. The idea of a merciful God that is there to help you no matter what with infinite love is quite appealing. Damn, if I felt bored maybe I would join a religion, who knows :P

Also, I feel stupid when I try to give my thoughts on a subject when you are all so good and informed >> Forgive my 17 yr old mind.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

29. ISO #229

Quote Originally Posted by Tauntshaman View Post
    jesus didn't svae those poor aficans.
    Instead he just let them be sold as slaves.
    according to @Stealthbomber16 , jesus is benevolent.
    that's why i say he is racist.
    [citation needed]
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

30. ISO #230
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    [citation needed]

To add:

The Africans were in on the slave trade. The King of Mali, as well as some Tribal Chiefs (especially in the Kongo) actively engaged in the trade with the Europeans and were an important part of the Triangular trade system. And, to refute @Tauntshaman's argument, they were originally Muslim or Pagan ​when the slave trade commenced.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Last edited by ; May 18th, 2018 at 10:11 AM.

31. ISO #231

To add:

The Africans were in on the slave trade. The King of Mali, as well as some Tribal Chiefs (especially in the Kongo) actively engaged in the trade with the Europeans and were an important part of the Triangular trade system. And, to refute @Tauntshaman's argument, they were originally Muslim or Pagan ​when the slave trade commenced.
    I know. Allah didn't save them either. And according to previous posts in the same thread(i think it's stealthbomber?, allah and jesus seem to be the same piece of junk.
    the Jester Leader

32. ISO #232

To add:

did u know that in the 1800s workers in endland works 18h a day?
    and the quenn of england does no work?
    I don't think that's fair. But their god doesn't seem to care.

There are no supreme saviors,
    Neither God, nor Caesar nor tribune;
    Producers, let us save ourselves,
    We decree common salvation!

-the Internationale
    the Jester Leader

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    And, @Marshmallow Marshall , get off my back. Saying I started flame wars or some shit and going hate mode on me. I said the word bullshit once which was the only insult type of post. You, somehow, fail to see that nothing else was in any way worse than that preacher.
    I didn't lol, you said legit things... Also I guess we can't expect a nice and calm talk about religions :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

35. ISO #235

You sure?
    I said I don't have a religion. Meaning not believing anything. Atheism seems to me to be believing, just the other way around.

The egg was first.
    Draw a timeline and Mark a spot that says "chicken wasn't chicken" then draw an egg right next it.
    Well yes, you're kinda right on this, which is why I say atheists are the most pious people. But atheism is to not believing in anything, in its proper sense. But only a few people realize they believe in not believing.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

36. ISO #236

Oh so you're a hardcore agnostic in that case
    Agnostics think there IS something, like a God, but that we cannot reach it because it is over our comprehension. Ozy doesn't. Unless I'm wrong on something?

37. ISO #237

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Agnostics think there IS something, like a God, but that we cannot reach it because it is over our comprehension. Ozy doesn't. Unless I'm wrong on something?
    Hum, for me agnostic is that you think that the existence of a higher power can not be proven or denied. So... You're kinda saying "Idgaf"

Thank you Anonymous Donor

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

Nobody is going to refute you because the people that are making a stand against Religion here don't know what they are talking about, it's all anecdotal
    Noone is being against any form of religion per se here. Out of you, maybe? You're the one not being able to keep a civil thread then you go on and say it's other people's fault. I know what I'm talking about.

40. ISO #240

This feels like I make 2posts (10 and 14) and get 100 hate posts in return. Or you can show me other my posts?

In any case. Why are you telling me I can't discuss anything with him? He is the one who lacks "discussion" given that he does nothing other than preaching.

Like seriously. He comes here, starts preaching, and I am the one who can't "discuss" anything?
    I think I provided plenty to discussion while he had done nothing but quote Bible.
    1: we don't hate you, but you gotta admit you trying to teach me what is Islam was... anyway.
    2: we like you
    3: we love you
    4: the post with the pyramid was addressed to Rata, not you.

41. ISO #241

Noone is being against any form of religion per se here. Out of you, maybe? You're the one not being able to keep a civil thread then you go on and say it's other people's fault. I know what I'm talking about.
    All due respect, I'm siding with rumox here. I think Ozy and esp Taunt were acting way out of line and seriously berating Rachyl, who I will agree was not exactly replying very well.

I'm a very logistic person though, and while I can see their point, they presented it so poorly that it really made it suck. It's like one of those anti-abortion protesters. Point, but presented so poorly that it doesn't help. But that's a different topic, don't discuss that here please.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

42. ISO #242

Saying the internationale is your source is actively worse than saying the Bible is your source because the Bible actually carries some significance in the subject.
    disagree.
    There are no supreme saviors,
    Neither God, nor Caesar nor tribune;
    the Jester Leader

43. ISO #243

When building something you refer to a manual no? Of course she is going to to refer to the bible and say look it says here you're wrong. And what you said was wrong anyway, you said you don't have sins. Literally everyone sins and claiming you don't is a blatant lie and I say that as a non religious person.
    we have different definition of sins.

for me anything not against the law is not a sin. and by law i mean actual laws. like the law of france. but not shariah law or what pedophile law from some us states where children under age can marry adult men.
    the Jester Leader

44. ISO #244

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    Page 1-Happy , people getting along
    Page 2-Taunt shows up and starts shitting on Rachyl
    Page 3-The Ozy-Mag debates
    Page 4-All is calm again
    i didn't shit on rachyl
    i just claimed that her bible is nonsense and she tells me i will burn in a non-existent hell after i die, even tho by then my neuro cells are all as dead as jesus and i have no way to feel the pain.

then i started to shit on her lol.
    and she claims she wins.
    LOL.
    the Jester Leader

45. ISO #245

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Just respect other's religions
    I don't.
    I'm not atheist. I'm anti-theist.
    i tried to save rachyl from the stupid teachings of the bible. and she got so mad when she heard the truth.
    for me any religion is just not right if there are more than 1 believers of that religion (FSM excluded)

It's just like freedom of speech.
    I know most of u might would die defending yours and others' freedom of speech. but you do want someone to shut up when he is saying something that is absolutely not right to you

disclaimer:don't reply to this comment as I won't even look at it. save OUR time
    the Jester Leader

46. ISO #246

Any serious believer or non-believer wouldn't be swayed so easily with one (or many) conversation, and casual believers or non-believers wouldn't care either way.
    lol true.

YOU FORGOT TO ACCOUNT FOR BORED ONES
    the Jester Leader

47. ISO #247

Religion is a powerful political tool, and I wonder whether it's all just a sham used throughout history by rulers, religious leaders and individuals to manipulate people and push their personal agendas.
    Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Vladimir Lenin and many others Liked
    the Jester Leader

48. ISO #248

All due respect, I'm siding with rumox here. I think Ozy and esp Taunt were acting way out of line and seriously berating Rachyl, who I will agree was not exactly replying very well.

I'm a very logistic person though, and while I can see their point, they presented it so poorly that it really made it suck. It's like one of those anti-abortion protesters. Point, but presented so poorly that it doesn't help. But that's a different topic, don't discuss that here please.
    Sure?
    I tried to be logical and soon gave up as she starts to quote the bible and asks me to be roasted.

read the first few pages and see how i never said anything against rachyl herself
    the Jester Leader

49. ISO #249

Lol Taunt is just... on another way. Which is why I'm going to make a thread about communism!

But you're looking at things from a non religious angle. And it's very understandable... but the very idea of faith is based on a lack of arguments, sadly. Also will make a thread about abortion... but later, we got enough topics to discuss for now.

50. ISO #250

Lol Taunt is just... on another way. Which is why I'm going to make a thread about communism!

But you're looking at things from a non religious angle. And it's very understandable... but the very idea of faith is based on a lack of arguments, sadly. Also will make a thread about abortion... but later, we got enough topics to discuss for now.
    on another way?
    from my pov i'm just on the "right" way.
    or you can also say i'm on the "left" way
    the Jester Leader

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.