S-FM Sc2Mafia 2018 February - Page 14
Register

User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
  1. ISO #651
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Sc2Mafia 2018 February

Oh well. I had a *decent* strategy for this game but my reads were shit.

I was going to claim I'd been converted to Efekannn02 when I died, forcing MafiaZ to waste a conversion on me.

I considered claiming I'd been Scvmurderer'd, but that could be seen as open wolfing bc Scvmurderer didn't have a night chat. So the first option seemed the most straightforward one. But the first one made it likely I could be counterclaimed by someone. Which was potentially very dangerous. And if Rachyl asked me to repeat something that was said in scum chat, instant GG.

This game and setup could've been much better, but, alas, it was not to be. At least I got to play one more game before my semester started

well. this is going to be my last game in a long time.

I hope you all had fun playing this game - I did. As some of you may have noticed I tried (desperately, I might add ) to change my play style.

I feel like Mafia should first and foremost be a game about reasoning and logical deduction, more so than a psychological 'reads' game. I mean, psychological clues are *often* necessary, in my opinion, but they shouldn't be the base of one's reads. They should supplement and form part of the basis for one's opinions and actions, but they oughtn't be the deciding factor in determining someone's alignment/role.

And WIFOM shouldn't just be a byword for 'I have no idea what the fuck is happening/what role or alignment this guy is'.

One other thing I have a big problem with is 'meta' reads. I kind of hate those, primarily because I was changing my own meta and I could easily have been scum read for it. Meta reads aren't very accurate in my opinion.

I tried pretty hard not to open wolf (failed miserably since I was trying to keep Efekannn alive).

That being said.

-vote Kenny
    for MVP. Respect. Hope to see you again.
    Last edited by ; August 31st, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

2. ISO #652
    Ganelon

I disagree. This setup is fundamentally imbalanced. It would take a lot of unusual and unlikely events for evils to win; they would all or most of them have to be great readers, and they would have to be fairly 'trustworthy' or rational to see that they would be most likely to win the game by federating against the town, whereas all town had to do was convert everyone to MafiaZ/Distorted. the only real dangers would be Hybrid's Lynch and Dunna's nightkill. And Dunna (and potentially Hybrid) can be very easily taken care of or avoided, especially if at least one townie is a good reader.

When Kenny and Haecc suggested that we side with Distorted, I knew I was fucked. There was a very slim chance of winning the game at that point, I was at most hoping to force town to waste one more day.

Dunna has to actually hit MafiaZ night one if he wants to be 100% sure he can stop them. He has to be a very good reader or the MafiaZ player has to be shit for that to happen. Of course, he doesn't have to do it n1, he can do it n2 as well (but only if he got lucky with RNG and the guy he visited was selected to convert target to MafiaZ), which would force him to have a 2/3 conversion rate and to kill off MafiaZ in three nights (that's a *really* long time. He could easily get lynched before he accomplishes that.)

And MafiaZ, if they are a good player, wouldn't easily be read as MafiaZ, since their alignment, for the most part, shares a win condition with the Town equivalent faction of the setup.

Take all the Citizens á la Haecceity who pretend to be Investigative roles so they take the bullet for them.

Fundamentally, this setup's massive, huge problem is the fact that the scum cannot effectively coordinate, whereas Town can completely control the day. EVEN if MafiaZ died, there was no guarantee that the evils would win, and in fact what would happen is that Dunna would become sort of a town-neutral or a neutral-neutral who may even lose interest in the game, (thereby gaining one vote, or at least not losing one), while Distorted could keep converting TWO players per night, with Efekannn killing one of them (probably). Even if Efekannn does that, evils still have to deal with Hybrid, and a huge problem is that Scvmurderer does NOT win with efekannn - their win conditions are conflicting. Scvmurderer has no real reason to trust Efekannn, because Efekannn is dangerous to Scvmurderer, whereas Scvmurderer is not dangerous to Efekannn02. Allowing Efekannn to control the game is not something Scvmurderer would do, because then he would be in a very precarious situation. So distrust and bad blood would start boiling between those two 'evil factions', resulting in a quasi-Cold War scenario between Distorted and the Town, Scvmurderer and Efekannn02.

Another possible scenario would be one of a head-on conflict between the Town and Efekannn02, with Scvmurderer ultimately emerging victorious or at least inflicting heavy casualties upon EfeM.

It would make for a more interesting game, at least at first, but it would turn into a stalemate which would take loooooooong as fuck to get out of.
    Last edited by ; August 31st, 2018 at 03:38 PM.

3. ISO #653

4. ISO #654

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    a stalemate is highly unlikely unless the team is certain they will win

i balanced this as much as i can(could do more but would be more confusing) this setup is just unstable af
    I'm sorry?

How did you balance a game with no hidden/random roles or claim space?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #655

6. ISO #656

I would agree that SCV is the weakest cult leader by far but there’s a balance to that too - If SCV dies then one of his minions gains his powers(not true for Efe or Distorted). Failing to convert N1 and dying instead was just unlucky for you Mag. I disagree that the town has such a simple agenda as you guys are saying because you have to remember that it’s possible for up to 5 SC2 players to have their faction changed every night. Also, Efe members can’t get converted back by Distorted, but Skwirl members can, and Efe sees all night actions. I really think “evils” have a solid chance at this game if they don’t all get revealed/killed at start of game.
    Yea Dunna would be hard-pressed to kill off the MafiaZ if he doesn’t get it done early, but then all he has to do is avoid getting lynched and he wins anyway!

I just disagree that this is unbalanced. I think it IS tho confusing enough that people made some pretty glaring mistakes revealing themselves too early with their views of who Cits should side with.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

7. ISO #657

8. ISO #658

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I would agree that SCV is the weakest cult leader by far but there’s a balance to that too - If SCV dies then one of his minions gains his powers(not true for Efe or Distorted). Failing to convert N1 and dying instead was just unlucky for you Mag. I disagree that the town has such a simple agenda as you guys are saying because you have to remember that it’s possible for up to 5 SC2 players to have their faction changed every night. Also, Efe members can’t get converted back by Distorted, but Skwirl members can, and Efe sees all night actions. I really think “evils” have a solid chance at this game if they don’t all get revealed/killed at start of game.
    Yea Dunna would be hard-pressed to kill off the MafiaZ if he doesn’t get it done early, but then all he has to do is avoid getting lynched and he wins anyway!

I just disagree that this is unbalanced. I think it IS tho confusing enough that people made some pretty glaring mistakes revealing themselves too early with their views of who Cits should side with.
    That hurts being called the weakest cult leader somehow
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!