Results 1,501 to 1,545 of 1545
  1. ISO #1501

2. ISO #1502

3. ISO #1503

4. ISO #1504

5. ISO #1505

6. ISO #1506

Re: S-FM 210: Surreptitious: The Game of Spies

GG WP (almost) everyone. Sorry that I fucked up so hard D2. Glad that town won. Sorry for scum that their team seemed relatively ineffectual.

Thanks for the invite, Quick. Let me know next time you host.

GGs y'all
    I'm just playing games, I know that's plastic love. -- бум бум сучка!

7. ISO #1507

8. ISO #1508

My reads um. I don't think they were that good. But this is like the third time I was ever townread. I think that means I won!

Special thank you to Yukitaka Oni for being so easily read.

Thanks Quick for hosting. You should feel proud of this game, no matter how imbalanced people thought it was. Well it was, but the mafia play... made it worse.

9. ISO #1509

10. ISO #1510

I must not be allowed to play without being suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

11. ISO #1511

-vote RLVG

Seems more realistic. Not to be judgey but I don't think there was any other choices to watch.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

12. ISO #1512

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    My reads um. I don't think they were that good. But this is like the third time I was ever townread. I think that means I won!

Special thank you to Yukitaka Oni for being so easily read.

Thanks Quick for hosting. You should feel proud of this game, no matter how imbalanced people thought it was. Well it was, but the mafia play... made it worse.
    Atleast you had reads.

13. ISO #1513

14. ISO #1514

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Hey.
    Nice! You made it to the end.

15. ISO #1515

16. ISO #1516

17. ISO #1517

18. ISO #1518

19. ISO #1519

20. ISO #1520

21. ISO #1521

22. ISO #1522

23. ISO #1523

Quote Originally Posted by JealousTL View Post
    GG WP (almost) everyone. Sorry that I fucked up so hard D2. Glad that town won. Sorry for scum that their team seemed relatively ineffectual.

Thanks for the invite, Quick. Let me know next time you host.

GGs y'all
    I don't think many of us understood your day 2 joke about bases. Many don't play Starcraft, so I suppose only DUCKK and I understood? Yo other people, do you actually play Starcraft? I need to know how people got here now.

::

You, and some other players have inspired me to re-look at gut reading. Since I suppose you operate on logic? for most of your thoughts, it helped me to realize that I shouldn't be gut reading logical players. I feel as if I can get fairly good reads on players such as Yukitaka Oni, AIVION, Firebringer, powerofdeath, Eggy, Frozen Angel as they play with their hearts (to get other people to read them a certain way) but I can't gut read logical players correctly.

I seem to be at odds with every logical player, and I need to find a way to bridge that or understand them better. So thanks, for helping me to realize that. You were part of it.
    (Second thank yous go to DarknessB-- spectated this match, Calix, Kovath, Iced_Monopoly). Thank you thank you.

I'm not a admin or a mod, so I can't stand for their opinion. And it's not like I'm begging you to stay or anything but....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY.
    SC2Mafia would love to have you. Play a game on the mod (arcade) and trick lots of noob towns. Sign up for a forum game (RLVG is one of my favorite hosts, anything he makes is basically good-- psst, join Adventure Quest). Stay for some Forum Mafia, we have the best setups and some of the players here are ridiculously good. Especially make sure you're here for the Medium Sized Forum Mafia Games. The last three had amazing setups, very attentive hosts-- and a good mix of almost every sort of player. You'd have to change you posting style to keep anonymity though.

24. ISO #1524

If anyone has thoughts on how I could improve on being a host, I'd love to hear about it.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

25. ISO #1525

I don't think many of us understood your day 2 joke about bases. Many don't play Starcraft, so I suppose only DUCKK and I understood? Yo other people, do you actually play Starcraft? I need to know how people got here now.

You, and some other players have inspired me to re-look at gut reading. Since I suppose you operate on logic? for most of your thoughts, it helped me to realize that I shouldn't be gut reading logical players. I feel as if I can get fairly good reads on players such as Yukitaka Oni, AIVION, Firebringer, powerofdeath, Eggy, Frozen Angel as they play with their hearts (to get other people to read them a certain way) but I can't gut read logical players correctly.

I seem to be at odds with every logical player, and I need to find a way to bridge that or understand them better. So thanks, for helping me to realize that. You were part of it.
    (Second thank yous go to DarknessB-- spectated this match, Calix, Kovath, Iced_Monopoly). Thank you thank you.

I'm not a admin or a mod, so I can't stand for their opinion. And it's not like I'm begging you to stay or anything but....

SC2Mafia would love to have you. Play a game on the mod (arcade) and trick lots of noob towns. Sign up for a forum game (RLVG is one of my favorite hosts, anything he makes is basically good-- psst, join Adventure Quest). Stay for some Forum Mafia, we have the best setups and some of the players here are ridiculously good. Especially make sure you're here for the Medium Sized Forum Mafia Games. The last three had amazing setups, very attentive hosts-- and a good mix of almost every sort of player. You'd have to change you posting style to keep anonymity though.
    When it comes to logical players there are 2 ways to read them:

Gut - my prefered method
    Out logicing them - hard for me to do honestly
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

26. ISO #1526

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    If anyone has thoughts on how I could improve on being a host, I'd love to hear about it.
    Oh yes. I couldn't figure out why for FM was called Surreptitious: Surreptitious: SurreptitousGame of Spies, when there are no spies.

Or instead of adding the role, maybe some flavor text?

27. ISO #1527

28. ISO #1528

Oh yes. I couldn't figure out why for FM was called Surreptitious: Surreptitious: SurreptitousGame of Spies, when there are no spies.

Or instead of adding the role, maybe some flavor text?
    I suppose i can try and do more flavor text next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

29. ISO #1529

30. ISO #1530

I feel like both have a place in this game, but that it helps more to have a polar logical player as opposed to a polar gut/emotional player. What I mean by that is, more often than not, the logical player will convey ideas in a way that is palatable to everyone as opposed to a gut-reader who can only convey their reads/ideas by EQ and "feels." Thus, I tend to analyze things from a logical perspective and try to ignore gut-reads - I don't trust myself to make them, I am not experienced enough nor do I know the players well enough to do so with any level of certainty. I'm glad to hear that I've had a positive influence on your Mafia experience and future.

As far as continuing to play Mafia here and in general, I will consider it, but I have to make it painfully obvious (if my D2 wasn't enough) that I am a newb. I don't really know why Quick invited me to join this of all people on TL; all I did was mislynch him on D1 AS TOWN. My Mafia history is as follows - played once in real life in a park which turned into a game of tag when I was 15, played twice on forums when I was 18 (and played horribly), and played twice more prior to this on Team Liquid. I am not an experienced player so I don't feel like I add much besides being a body to fill a slot, something that other can do better than I. Thank you for the open invitation, though.

31. ISO #1531

In short, I feel like the timetables were changing too frequently - one day it is 11 pm, another it is 6 pm, another it is 7:30 pm (EDT) or whatever; Regardless of vote outcome, the deadline should always be at fixed points. This gives more incentive for town to coordinate voting times, for scum to manage theirs, so on and so forth.

Another thing I'd suggest is that you have "coaches" available who follow TL protocols - don't contribute to reads on specific players and don't divulge specific information, but are just there for people to talk to about how the game is progressing. This makes a regular Citizen role a little more manageable for a player who isn't sure of himself and wants to communicate with someone openly and expect rapport. In short, leave that as a sign-up option in the OP.

Otherwise, I felt that the setup was interesting, and that the only pitfall was certain players' activity, which is out of your control.

32. ISO #1532

I feel like both have a place in this game, but that it helps more to have a polar logical player as opposed to a polar gut/emotional player. What I mean by that is, more often than not, the logical player will convey ideas in a way that is palatable to everyone as opposed to a gut-reader who can only convey their reads/ideas by EQ and "feels." Thus, I tend to analyze things from a logical perspective and try to ignore gut-reads - I don't trust myself to make them, I am not experienced enough nor do I know the players well enough to do so with any level of certainty. I'm glad to hear that I've had a positive influence on your Mafia experience and future.

As far as continuing to play Mafia here and in general, I will consider it, but I have to make it painfully obvious (if my D2 wasn't enough) that I am a newb. I don't really know why Quick invited me to join this of all people on TL; all I did was mislynch him on D1 AS TOWN. My Mafia history is as follows - played once in real life in a park which turned into a game of tag when I was 15, played twice on forums when I was 18 (and played horribly), and played twice more prior to this on Team Liquid. I am not an experienced player so I don't feel like I add much besides being a body to fill a slot, something that other can do better than I. Thank you for the open invitation, though.
    Dude.

I picked you because I know that you are a player with a heart of a lion. I read the rest of the game that you lynched me day one in. True, you didn't reevaluate your read on me, but the kind of effort that you put into the game really hit home for me. And there were a few people I invited after they lynched me Day 1. The reason for that is that every time that happens, I learn something, or should. That is what I was looking for - players that taught me something and made mafia an experience that allows me to take a good look at myself in how I can improve in this game.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

33. ISO #1533

Pretty sure we had this discussion in the post-game for Black Flag Nightless, but gut reads are only going to make you a worse player, SP. Your main issue is that people are unable to see reads the way you are arguing them so even if you're making the correct objective point, it's not coming across in an approachable / understandable way. The answer is to become MORE logical in how you approach things, not less logical. In order to succeed with gut reads, you need to be extremely persuasive. To be extremely polite / gentle about it, persuasion really isn't your thing right now. You need to play safer and more conventionally, learning how to ISO and convince people through logic and pointing out conventional scum tells. I just don't see you using gut reads as being persuasive at all right now and I feel like it'll make you regress, not progress.

I'm sure that @Calix has some views on this issue too given her aversion to gut reads over substance.

34. ISO #1534

You seem to get it -- you need to have the right reads AND you need to be able to persuade others of your reads. Gut reads are terrible from a persuasion point of view, because the other person cannot put themselves into your shoes. Logic on the other hand should be approachable to any player -- i.e. providing quotes and explaining why the player's actions come from a scum motivation. There's also very little conversation that can arise from gut reads -- it's pretty much "I feel like he's scummy". Okay then, now what? There's not really any way to respond to that or any conversation to be had from there. Please stick to logic. At least it tends to make for an interesting and principled game with scumreads, asking other players questions, analyzing their responses, as opposed to a bunch of random hunches.

35. ISO #1535

Dude.

I picked you because I know that you are a player with a heart of a lion. I read the rest of the game that you lynched me day one in. True, you didn't reevaluate your read on me, but the kind of effort that you put into the game really hit home for me. And there were a few people I invited after they lynched me Day 1. The reason for that is that every time that happens, I learn something, or should. That is what I was looking for - players that taught me something and made mafia an experience that allows me to take a good look at myself in how I can improve in this game.
    That is a very selfless and developmental approach to this game, and I respect you for that. Cheers. I will admit that I played my heart out in the game in question, sorry if I failed you here, haha. It is refreshing to see someone who is genuinely interested in improving at something; it seems I surround myself in real life with people who are like me - content to be where they are, doing what they do. To take it out of the deep end and bring it back to SC2(ugh)Mafia: thanks for having me, I hope that you continue to progress as a player.

Your D1 play on TL as a free radical with a low post count meant that you would be judged harder than any other person on that forum. Although many Mafia players on that forum are foreign to me, post count does mean something on TL: it means you're not asshat enough to get banned. A person with a low post count, and living in the "wild west" of Mafia TL (where standard forum rules do not apply), it is natural for "newbs" to be judged more heavily than others. Even in the sign-up period on TL, my referring to my former account having played in 2 of the first 3 TL Mafia games on an account with 10k posts afforded me some leeway, I feel. Being a poster with 5 years tenure and ~3k posts at the time of the game helped as well. Forum posting, and by extension Mafia, is as much about reading your surroundings as it is the other players and the game in question; you have to know how to act in a new environment, which can be hard to do if you are unfamiliar with the forum you are joining. Think of it this way: it is like you are an immigrant in a new country, trying to establish an identity for yourself. The things that you were afforded in other games, on other forums, cannot be assumed to be permissible. You need to play safe regardless of whether you are town or scum. This mentality is what I credit to my being read as town for this game, moreso than any actual contributions I've made. If you look back on what reads I'd made, I think I made some of the worst reads in the game. My mistake on NU noosed me for a decent period of time, but continuing to play safe and the silent period convalesced into people doubting my being 100% scum for 1 mistake (props to those people). It's all about being cognizant of your surroundings, on the micro and macro scale. Just like StarCraft. Now we've gone full circle.

36. ISO #1536

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    You seem to get it -- you need to have the right reads AND you need to be able to persuade others of your reads. Gut reads are terrible from a persuasion point of view, because the other person cannot put themselves into your shoes. Logic on the other hand should be approachable to any player -- i.e. providing quotes and explaining why the player's actions come from a scum motivation. There's also very little conversation that can arise from gut reads -- it's pretty much "I feel like he's scummy". Okay then, now what? There's not really any way to respond to that or any conversation to be had from there. Please stick to logic. At least it tends to make for an interesting and principled game with scumreads, asking other players questions, analyzing their responses, as opposed to a bunch of random hunches.
    You've said it better than I could, thank you.

37. ISO #1537

That is a very selfless and developmental approach to this game, and I respect you for that. Cheers. I will admit that I played my heart out in the game in question, sorry if I failed you here, haha. It is refreshing to see someone who is genuinely interested in improving at something; it seems I surround myself in real life with people who are like me - content to be where they are, doing what they do. To take it out of the deep end and bring it back to SC2(ugh)Mafia: thanks for having me, I hope that you continue to progress as a player.

Your D1 play on TL as a free radical with a low post count meant that you would be judged harder than any other person on that forum. Although many Mafia players on that forum are foreign to me, post count does mean something on TL: it means you're not asshat enough to get banned. A person with a low post count, and living in the "wild west" of Mafia TL (where standard forum rules do not apply), it is natural for "newbs" to be judged more heavily than others. Even in the sign-up period on TL, my referring to my former account having played in 2 of the first 3 TL Mafia games on an account with 10k posts afforded me some leeway, I feel. Being a poster with 5 years tenure and ~3k posts at the time of the game helped as well. Forum posting, and by extension Mafia, is as much about reading your surroundings as it is the other players and the game in question; you have to know how to act in a new environment, which can be hard to do if you are unfamiliar with the forum you are joining. Think of it this way: it is like you are an immigrant in a new country, trying to establish an identity for yourself. The things that you were afforded in other games, on other forums, cannot be assumed to be permissible. You need to play safe regardless of whether you are town or scum. This mentality is what I credit to my being read as town for this game, moreso than any actual contributions I've made. If you look back on what reads I'd made, I think I made some of the worst reads in the game. My mistake on NU noosed me for a decent period of time, but continuing to play safe and the silent period convalesced into people doubting my being 100% scum for 1 mistake (props to those people). It's all about being cognizant of your surroundings, on the micro and macro scale. Just like StarCraft. Now we've gone full circle.
    What you say makes sense. I will say that I did in fact learn from that first game on TL, namely, in the very next game I played there I was the N1 Kill, which is a huge feather in my cap. I learned from that experience in my first game there to take a step back and try to think slower about things and try not to succumb to FPS. I will admit my play still needs a lot of work. Often - too often - people do not understand how I got from point A to point B. Its a weakness in my game. Its hard for me to come up with the reasons that are in my head and put them in text. Its like I am observing things some people are not considering - outliers if you will. Its just applying an explanation to what I am actually observing is difficult for me. Its one thing I have gotten better at, but its like finding a cure for cancer. You find things that are beneficial/harmful but never really find the cause.

As far as going from site to site, what you say is very true. Never assume you will be accepted for you you are. That doesn't mean you have to play a game to get accepted, it just means you have to learn what parts of you people like and dislike. Sharing the parts people like and accepting that people don't like every part of you is what is going to help. I did play like a spaz in that game, and its only reasonable that I got lynched Day 1 in that setting. I just hope I will learn as I go and be able to be aware of what people are really like and how that differs from site to site, person to person.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

38. ISO #1538

What you say makes sense. I will say that I did in fact learn from that first game on TL, namely, in the very next game I played there I was the N1 Kill, which is a huge feather in my cap. I learned from that experience in my first game there to take a step back and try to think slower about things and try not to succumb to FPS. I will admit my play still needs a lot of work. Often - too often - people do not understand how I got from point A to point B. Its a weakness in my game. Its hard for me to come up with the reasons that are in my head and put them in text. Its like I am observing things some people are not considering - outliers if you will. Its just applying an explanation to what I am actually observing is difficult for me. Its one thing I have gotten better at, but its like finding a cure for cancer. You find things that are beneficial/harmful but never really find the cause.

As far as going from site to site, what you say is very true. Never assume you will be accepted for you you are. That doesn't mean you have to play a game to get accepted, it just means you have to learn what parts of you people like and dislike. Sharing the parts people like and accepting that people don't like every part of you is what is going to help. I did play like a spaz in that game, and its only reasonable that I got lynched Day 1 in that setting. I just hope I will learn as I go and be able to be aware of what people are really like and how that differs from site to site, person to person.
    Nice! I didn't follow that (sorry), but I'm glad that it had an impact on your play and led to your being considered a D1 MVP. As far as cluing other people into the machinations of your mind, the best methods are specific to you but they fall under certain regions in my opinion. There are many approaches. One of my favorites is "inductive reasoning," which is A->B->C->D. In other words, explaining every part of a process. That is what I used in order to explain my trying to not claim or deny NU's claim. Another is "perspective appropriation." You try to see how others see you, and this should tell you what is missing from your explanations and why you're not hitting the mark. Yet another is "speaking to inform," which is pointedly different from conventional rhetoric (which is trying to CONVINCE someone of something). In speaking to inform, you allow people to draw their own conclusions. You may fail at this and have them solidify their "read" on you (which you can argue is "tunneling") or they can finally accept that your view on the situation at-hand is a world you were in. The entire term "world" is so beautiful in this game, because a large part of the offense (scum-reading) and defense (defending against scum-reads) can hinge on your ability to put people into your "world." There are many such mechanics in real life and my fields of study. All it takes is practice and concerted effort.

I don't 100% agree with the second quote. Whether you are town or scum, your goal is to be accepted. That is the natural modus operandi for our species in general, anyway. Learning what parts of you people like/dislike definitely helps in this pursuit, but are not necessarily a detriment to your success in the given environment. For the life of me, I will never be able to fix how I express myself naturally - I use multi-syllabic words that are more direct translations of the ideas going on in my head, and many people caught onto this here and elsewhere. I can come off as dry or snotty or over-educated or foreign or what-have-you. In the end, it is how you present this image. So a part of your mentality, in my opinion, should be dedicated to not only making your image more acceptable but also making it more defensible. I have spent 20 years defending my right to speak English the way I do ("what."), Russian the way I do ("Why does this adult have the vocabulary of a teenager,"), and Spanish the way I do ("this gringo knows some words that even I don't know but he just said 'You I have idea none,'"). If you can create a world in which your mannerisms make sense, you afford yourself leeway, understanding, and greater approach-ability (I don't know a better way to say this off the top of my head, but you'll forgive me for this knowing my background, right? ;) ).

39. ISO #1539

Nice! I didn't follow that (sorry), but I'm glad that it had an impact on your play and led to your being considered a D1 MVP. As far as cluing other people into the machinations of your mind, the best methods are specific to you but they fall under certain regions in my opinion. There are many approaches. One of my favorites is "inductive reasoning," which is A->B->C->D. In other words, explaining every part of a process. That is what I used in order to explain my trying to not claim or deny NU's claim. Another is "perspective appropriation." You try to see how others see you, and this should tell you what is missing from your explanations and why you're not hitting the mark. Yet another is "speaking to inform," which is pointedly different from conventional rhetoric (which is trying to CONVINCE someone of something). In speaking to inform, you allow people to draw their own conclusions. You may fail at this and have them solidify their "read" on you (which you can argue is "tunneling") or they can finally accept that your view on the situation at-hand is a world you were in. The entire term "world" is so beautiful in this game, because a large part of the offense (scum-reading) and defense (defending against scum-reads) can hinge on your ability to put people into your "world." There are many such mechanics in real life and my fields of study. All it takes is practice and concerted effort.

I don't 100% agree with the second quote. Whether you are town or scum, your goal is to be accepted. That is the natural modus operandi for our species in general, anyway. Learning what parts of you people like/dislike definitely helps in this pursuit, but are not necessarily a detriment to your success in the given environment. For the life of me, I will never be able to fix how I express myself naturally - I use multi-syllabic words that are more direct translations of the ideas going on in my head, and many people caught onto this here and elsewhere. I can come off as dry or snotty or over-educated or foreign or what-have-you. In the end, it is how you present this image. So a part of your mentality, in my opinion, should be dedicated to not only making your image more acceptable but also making it more defensible. I have spent 20 years defending my right to speak English the way I do ("what."), Russian the way I do ("Why does this adult have the vocabulary of a teenager,"), and Spanish the way I do ("this gringo knows some words that even I don't know but he just said 'You I have idea none,'"). If you can create a world in which your mannerisms make sense, you afford yourself leeway, understanding, and greater approach-ability (I don't know a better way to say this off the top of my head, but you'll forgive me for this knowing my background, right? ;) ).
    Thanks for the tips on how to get better. When I say people don't get how I get from point A to point B, its really a matter of my failure to explain and identify what I am observing. Its like I am noticing the observation and coming to a conclusion before I note what that observation was and go straight to the conclusion and when I go to explain it I try to come up with what is/was a likely reason for the conclusion rather that actually noting the observation. I am just weird like that.

Second paragraph: I think we agree more than you might think here. I might try to clarify something (since English isn't your first language [and holy shit, you know 4 languages, that is quite impressive]), when I say I don't have to play a game to get accepted, I don't mean a Mafia game, I mean pretending or acting a certain way that is not natural in effect to get people to accept you. As far as the other stuff goes, I pretty much agree. I was basically saying that I should let what people accept about my behavior/mannerisms be more known than the things that people might have a problem with. I guess my take away from what you said and how I can apply it is that I should make the things people accept more known and have a defense for what people don't like about me. IDK if I am getting that right though.

As an aside, I know I personally don't at all have a problem with the way you write. You come off as educated, which is much more of a boon than a detriment IMO. Your writing looks polished like you know what you are saying. I would take someone who writes like you do over someone who can't quantitatively articulate much more than basic simplistic type speaking. In other words, don't worry about it bro ;)
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

40. ISO #1540

41. ISO #1541

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Meh, I was just a Citizen, no great loss.
    I know, didn't expect Duck is the only mafia on group 2 lol. Because i thought traitor doesn't consider on the same side with mafia until they all dead

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

42. ISO #1542

43. ISO #1543

44. ISO #1544

Thanks for the tips on how to get better. When I say people don't get how I get from point A to point B, its really a matter of my failure to explain and identify what I am observing. Its like I am noticing the observation and coming to a conclusion before I note what that observation was and go straight to the conclusion and when I go to explain it I try to come up with what is/was a likely reason for the conclusion rather that actually noting the observation. I am just weird like that.

Second paragraph: I think we agree more than you might think here. I might try to clarify something (since English isn't your first language [and holy shit, you know 4 languages, that is quite impressive]), when I say I don't have to play a game to get accepted, I don't mean a Mafia game, I mean pretending or acting a certain way that is not natural in effect to get people to accept you. As far as the other stuff goes, I pretty much agree. I was basically saying that I should let what people accept about my behavior/mannerisms be more known than the things that people might have a problem with. I guess my take away from what you said and how I can apply it is that I should make the things people accept more known and have a defense for what people don't like about me. IDK if I am getting that right though.

As an aside, I know I personally don't at all have a problem with the way you write. You come off as educated, which is much more of a boon than a detriment IMO. Your writing looks polished like you know what you are saying. I would take someone who writes like you do over someone who can't quantitatively articulate much more than basic simplistic type speaking. In other words, don't worry about it bro ;)
    Since this is now +~24 hours, I will keep it brief. Identifying issues in yourself is the first step to improvement, regardless of your path in life. I feel like knowing the "Why," in your reads is just as important if not more-so than the "Who." When you get an impression or inkling, write it down. Analyze it. Then analyze how you will present it.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood! Although, I speak 4 languages but my Spanish is "meh" and my Korean is terribad so I can't really count them. I think you kind of understood what I was saying in your own way, which is how it always is between anyone, no?

Ah, but people love to nitpick, and any deviation from the norm is a source of derision or at the very least, contention. Thank you for the vote of confidence, best of luck to you in the future.

45. ISO #1545