Day 3: Mighty Mighty Man!
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Day 3: Mighty Mighty Man!

Interesting news guys. Roxy has been in touch with the NCR - they're almost here! In fact they say that their main column will be here in a day. Seems like they've shown up in some force, what a way to be greeted as we all get reunited eh?

In honour of this news, here is a song for all those brave mighty men out there that have come to liberate us.

---

Sad news I'm afraid.

Last night I saw Steve shoot himself in the Russian Roulette game with Francine.

He was a... Citizen!

He left this in his last will:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Fakin nigerz kil citzen gj
    ---

Graveyard:

Hayley (Citizen): Shot herself during a game of Russian Roulette. [Night 1]
    Steve (Citizen): Tried to be manly, but ended up shooting himself in front of his lover. [Night 2]

2. ISO #2
    Gaunt

Re: Day 3: Mighty Mighty Man!

Whoops... eh maybe I got a little carried away with the scum hunting, I think I'll be more pragmatic from now on. Luna and her random any settings. Turns out steve was just retarded. I guess nothing is really confirmed.

3. ISO #3
    Gaunt

Anywho today is secret ballot day so I have some questions about that for everyone to answer about Melon Roulette

1) What type of player do you think should be nominated to melon roulette? Should it be based on who is scummy or who is stupid or something else?
    2) Do you want to be in melon roulette? (the winner gets a one use item and 2/3 people live) or would you rather play it safe and avoid the posibility of death?
    3) Who do you think other people will vote into the melon roulette?

4. ISO #4
    Ackbar

I have internet now, and on a side note, 2 anys left.

5. ISO #5
    Ackbar

1) What type of player do you think should be nominated to melon roulette? Should it be based on who is scummy or who is stupid or something else? I think scummy should be nominated for melon roulette, I don't know the rules yet since I am still getting set up.
    2) Do you want to be in melon roulette? (the winner gets a one use item and 2/3 people live) or would you rather play it safe and avoid the posibility of death?
    I would prefer not to play in melon roulette.
    3) Who do you think other people will vote into the melon roulette?
    Gaunt, Law, Francine

Sorry for double post.

6. ISO #6
    Gaunt

Ackbar this is the information taken from the Vault information topics. Since you are too lazy to read the rules I'll just put it here for you.

Melon Roulette
    Players: 3
    Winner: Life & Secret one-use ability
    Runner-up: Life
    Loser: Death

3 players will be added to a night chat with the game, they may converse with each other as long as they are still alive (Winner and Runner-up may continue conversing until day). The FM Game Master will advise when the a player has died.

Here we have 12 melons, most are just your everyday regular melons, however in 4 of them there are dangerous drugs that cause various effects, and in one particular melon there is deadly poison.
    We will random.org the numbers 1 to 12. The top 5 results will correspond to the possible drug effects.

Starting with the player with the most votes. Pick 1 or more melon numbers to eat by typing -eat #, #, etc (where # is the melon numbers), then I tell you what just happened to you. When you eat a melon, you put it aside, the melon remains intact but others cannot choose to eat from it unless the melons are reshuffled from fear. So if you eat from 3 melons then the other 2 players must eat a different melon from the ones you ate.

Possible drug effects:
    1. Hunger - You must eat another melon.
    2. Fear - See melons as vile demons, kicking them and reshuffling them into diffrent positions.
    3. Rage - Force the player after you to eat 1 melon more than the amount you ate.
    4. High - Allow the player after you to skip eating a melon.
    5. Poison - Game Over and You die!

To determine the winner once a player has died:
    Each Regular melon eaten is worth 1pt.
    Each Drugged melon eaten is worth 2pts.
    The player with the most points wins.
    In event of a tie: Neither players will receive the one-use ability.

Due to the host dependency on informing you the drug effects, we ask that the other players not eat any melons until we tell them that its their turn.

If the game of Melon Roulette drags on, you will not join the rest of the players on the surface until the game is finished. The rest of the players in your vault will head up to the surface as normal.

7. ISO #7
    Gaunt

This is what we know about the setup:

Hidden Enclave
    Hidden Wastelander
    Hidden NCR
    Hidden NCR
    Citizen - Hayley (dead)

Hidden Any - Steve (citizen, dead)
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any

8. ISO #8
    Gaunt

These are my guesses:

Hidden Enclave (Law)
    Hidden Wastelander (Francine)
    Hidden NCR (Yoshimitsu)
    Hidden NCR (Akbar)
    Citizen - Hayley (dead)

Hidden Any (Gaunt)
    Hidden Any (Brady)

9. ISO #9
    Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunt View Post
    These are my guesses:

Hidden Enclave (Law)
    Hidden Wastelander (Francine)
    Hidden NCR (Yoshimitsu)
    Hidden NCR (Akbar)
    Citizen - Hayley (dead)

Hidden Any (Gaunt)
    Hidden Any (Brady)
    I feel like those are quite accurate judging by day 1 and day 2 events. Today is the big day though.

10. ISO #10
    Yoshimitsu

These are my guesses:

Hidden Enclave (Francine)
    Hidden Wastelander (Brady)
    Hidden NCR (Gaunt)
    Hidden NCR (Akbar)
    Citizen - Hayley (dead)

Hidden Any (Yoshimitsu)
    Hidden Any (Law)
    I changed it to reveal my view on the situation

11. ISO #11
    Yoshimitsu

I'd say voting Law, Francine, and Brady

or Francine, Brady and Ackbar would be the best solution judging by our suspicions

12. ISO #12
    Yoshimitsu

-vote Francine

that's my first vote.

13. ISO #13
    Gaunt

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
    -vote Francine

that's my first vote.
    it is a secret ballot, you pm 3 names to the fm gamemaster and Queen Luna tells us who is in melon roulette at the end of the day. Am I the only one who reads around here?

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15
    Gaunt

it is a secret ballot, you pm 2 names to the fm gamemaster and Queen Luna tells us who is in melon roulette at the end of the day. Am I the only one who reads around here?
    I thought it was three votes cause three people end up in melon roulette but decided to double check and it is two votes.

16. ISO #16
    Gaunt

These are my guesses:

Hidden Enclave (Francine)
    Hidden Wastelander (Brady)
    Hidden NCR (Yoshimitsu)
    Hidden NCR (Akbar)
    Citizen - Hayley (dead)

Hidden Any (Gaunt)
    Hidden Any (Law)
    I am editing my guesses because I admit I was wrong day 2. I think yoshi and ackbar are definetly NCR power roles based on their playstyles even if I don't have much to go on with ackbar. I was convinced Law was Enclave but I was wrong about steve and he was right so I have to give him credit and knowing my suspicions are wrong. I will be voting Francine and Brady for the following reasons:

I will be voting (and encourage others to vote):

Francine - She buddied with me hardcore, I was flattered but looking back it seems scummy. She also as yoshi pointed out tries to look pro town but contributes little.
    Brady - Contributes nothing and is a waste of Oxygen, also probably not town but definetly this...

I wouldn't mind seeing in the roulette:
    Law - Because my suspicions were wrong and I don't know what he is I am curious to see even if that means dying. A sad truth in mafia is sometimes the best information you can get is through someone dying.

I don't want to see in the roulette:

Yoshimitu: I see him as NCR power, he is also intelligent and a threat to scum. He pulled a good gambit day 1 when we didn't have anything to go on.
    Ackbar: Because of the internet situation he has posted too little for me to really tell but I think he is NCR based on what I have to go on.
    Gaunt: I will not claim a role until the appropriate moment we are outside the vault but I can tell you I am NCR alligned. I was wrong about steve but mafia is a guessing game and I believe I can put the scum on edge and try to determine who is town and who isn't with wifom. Regardless of the results we can analyze the hindsight of what happened, see who voted who and such. I suspect the mafia will probably night kill me because of this when we get out in the open where night actions factor play in.

I want to see the outside of the vault and what it has to see alive because this is a great forum mafia game and Luna is an amazing host. Regardless of what happens it was fun and the point of forum mafia is to have fun.

Ackbar, Yoshi, and Law: I look forward to seeing more of you outside the vault and what tatics you will use
    Francine: I suspect you are scum and I was blinded to it because of your hardcore buddying with me and not contributing. If you get out of the vault I will be keeping an eye on you.
    Brady, Steve, Hayley: You are all a waste of oxygen, especially you mr "I almost emocided because I'm a cit."

17. ISO #17
    Yoshimitsu

I figure might as well say votes out loud here, so that when we get the results back we can find out the possible liars

18. ISO #18
    Yoshimitsu

and then report back to the entire town when we escape the vaults tomorrow

19. ISO #19
    Francine

How else you would contribute in this kind of situation? Guess I should tell you what happened in Russian Roulette first.

I was shooting first, and the bullet was in number three. When Steve started his turn, he shot himself not once, but twice - and died in the game as result. Had he shot himself once, I would be dead afterwards. DEAD! So I had a change of heart and deciced to reveal my role first.

My true role is Dreamer. Almost as useless as citizen, at least inside the vault. Even outside my role won't be any of use, so if you want to pull me through Melon Roulette, go ahead.

I'm sure that Brady is a either Enclave or Wastelander, but right now I have no idea who is the other scum (was sure that it was Steve). I heard very little from Ackbar and I would like to hear more from him. I will vote Brady for sure, but regarding about my second vote I will have to think.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

20. ISO #20
    Gaunt

If you broke out of Vault 5 how would you plan to use your dream ability to help the NCR? I agree everyone vote brady, if he survives we can all reccomend we lynch him to the other vault dwellers.

21. ISO #21
    Francine

I'll use my dream ability as soon as we get out of vault. It will pick up random 7 names (among the players that are alive), that's why it is useless to spend it inside.

22. ISO #22
    Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by Francine View Post
    I'll use my dream ability as soon as we get out of vault. It will pick up random 7 names (among the players that are alive), that's why it is useless to spend it inside.
    Question: Would you be willing to go into melon roulette in attempt to gain another ability?

23. ISO #23
    Gaunt

Question: How do we know you aren't just going to pick seven random names out of your ass, or worse seven names you and the enclave want to see killed?

Sorry but Dreamer is like one of the easiest claims to make ever.

24. ISO #24
    Francine

You can't. It is only a matter of trust. If trust is that much difficult to gain, feel free to nominate me into Melon Roulette, but be sure that two scum roles are in it as well. I said everything I wanted to say.

25. ISO #25
    Francine

As for Ackbar's question, I guess melon roulette will be my only chance to make myself useful. Scum roles will probably just try to survive in that game. I'm not like that - i'll try to eat more melons than other participants in order to gain the hidden bonus.

26. ISO #26
    Gaunt

I've allready said my position but it helps that Francine wants to go into the roulette. To increase trust in you tomorrow if you are alive you should recant your melon roulette experience. Outside of the vault I am going to be paying more attention to my vault-mates than anyone else since I know you a lot better than the random strangers.

27. ISO #27
    Ackbar

I've allready said my position but it helps that Francine wants to go into the roulette. To increase trust in you tomorrow if you are alive you should recant your melon roulette experience. Outside of the vault I am going to be paying more attention to my vault-mates than anyone else since I know you a lot better than the random strangers.
    I expect there to be at least 34~ people left over if my assumption on 5 vaults -3 members by Day 4. (15 dead)
    And with 2 citizens dead we are left with a possibility of 4 citizens left then a lot of unknown roles. (5 with bonus abilities.)

28. ISO #28
    Yoshimitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar View Post
    I expect there to be at least 34~ people left over if my assumption on 5 vaults -3 members by Day 4. (15 dead)
    And with 2 citizens dead we are left with a possibility of 4 citizens left then a lot of unknown roles. (5 with bonus abilities.)
    I'm pretty sure all the vaults work differently, considering GM specifically posted, "Vault 5 Information" instead of "Vault Information". Meaning that we have different info than any other vault. Who knows, some vaults may not have had to lynch, or other may have had to vote off two people, but had more people in the vault. Anything could have happened.

29. ISO #29
    Francine

That being said, my initial sense about Steve on Day 1 was right after all. If Hayley would'n died on first night, we would be able to trust him even now. While I already revealed my role, I know nothing about rest of you guys. Gaunt was the guy with most trust, but after Steve's death even I now have my doubts about him.

30. ISO #30
    Gaunt

I am eagerly awaiting the suprise

31. ISO #31
    Francine

What surprise? You mean the winner's reward?

32. ISO #32
    Gaunt

What surprise? You mean the winner's reward?
    No I mean what will happen overall. it is a giant mystery!

33. ISO #33
    Francine

Well how's this for surprise?

Imagine that out of 6 of us only 2 people are Hidden NCR, while others are non-town scum. In such kind of situation who would be those 2 people?

34. ISO #34
    Francine

And another thing - votes are anonymous. What will happen if you suddenly end up in the Melon Roulette, Gaunt?

35. ISO #35
    Gaunt

And another thing - votes are anonymous. What will happen if you suddenly end up in the Melon Roulette, Gaunt?
    If I end up in the vault I will bitch about it because I don't want to die and then proceed to win and get my one use item

36. ISO #36
    Gaunt

Well how's this for surprise?

Imagine that out of 6 of us only 2 people are Hidden NCR, while others are non-town scum. In such kind of situation who would be those 2 people?
    I've already said my thoughts on that lol but I suppose it would be either Yoshi and me or Yoshi and Ackbar.

37. ISO #37
    Francine

Why you put yourself in "random any" instead of Hidden NCR then?

38. ISO #38
    Gaunt

Why you put yourself in "random any" instead of Hidden NCR then?
    To create suspense, Yoshimitsu did the same thing after all. Hidden NCR is power role I said I am NCR alligned not what role I am. For all you know I'm the third citizen in this vault going for the citizen incarnate award. I won't claim until the time is right

39. ISO #39
    Brady

ur gonna lose

aginst me

rolete is in my veins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~roulette champion lord~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vote brady

40. ISO #40
    Brady

also i voted yoshi he sucks

41. ISO #41
    Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    also i voted yoshi he sucks
    You make me qq

42. ISO #42
    Law

Enjoy the melon roulette Francine. Hopefully you die this time. I don't believe your claim for a second by the way.

I cannot wait to get out of this vault. That had to be one of the stupidest bandwagon lynches I have ever seen. Did you people honestly expect him to flip scum? Seriously, now that the blood lust is out of your system please try thinking that situation through again. It made no fucking sense. Absolutely no fucking sense. Have no doubt about it, once we hit the surface I will be explaining to everyone exactly how stupid you all are/rant (for now).

I want Yoshimitsu, Brady, and Francine in the melon roulette. Francine for being stupid enough to blindly push for Steve's lynch, Yoshimitsu for being smart enough to form his own opinions yet still jumping on Steve's retarded ass lynch train, and Brady for being all around useless. I would have no problem seeing any of you three die.

43. ISO #43
    Yoshimitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Enjoy the melon roulette Francine. Hopefully you die this time. I don't believe your claim for a second by the way.

I cannot wait to get out of this vault. That had to be one of the stupidest bandwagon lynches I have ever seen. Did you people honestly expect him to flip scum? Seriously, now that the blood lust is out of your system please try thinking that situation through again. It made no fucking sense. Absolutely no fucking sense. Have no doubt about it, once we hit the surface I will be explaining to everyone exactly how stupid you all are/rant (for now).

I want Yoshimitsu, Brady, and Francine in the melon roulette. Francine for being stupid enough to blindly push for Steve's lynch, Yoshimitsu for being smart enough to form his own opinions yet still jumping on Steve's retarded ass lynch train, and Brady for being all around useless. I would have no problem seeing any of you three die.
    I explained my reasons for voting Steve. A citizen who isn't willing to help the town is just as useless as a mafia member is to the town

44. ISO #44
    Law

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsu View Post
    I explained my reasons for voting Steve. A citizen who isn't willing to help the town is just as useless as a mafia member is to the town
    So you would rather lynch a player who is very probably a citizen than someone who is most certainly not town. I have changed my mind, I want to see Yoshimitsu die tonight.

45. ISO #45
    Francine

Too bad that I already voted. I almost forgot about Yoshimitsu and his "gambit". I think that he will leave Vault safely, unless at least threee of us voted him (which is unlikely).

46. ISO #46
    Law

Too bad that I already voted. I almost forgot about Yoshimitsu and his "gambit". I think that he will leave Vault safely, unless at least threee of us voted him (which is unlikely).
    I do not see anything that bars you from changing your votes....

47. ISO #47
    Ackbar

This is going to be a Long day 4. Depending on how melon roulette goes.

48. ISO #48
    Yoshimitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    So you would rather lynch a player who is very probably a citizen than someone who is most certainly not town. I have changed my mind, I want to see Yoshimitsu die tonight.
    I voted Francine, how is that not voting someone who most certainly is not town?

49. ISO #49

It's tiimmmeeee!

Here at Galaxy Radio we've beenbrimming with excitement. Nine years ago I was bringing you news andmusic from Twisted Heart 102.6, and finally you listeners and I canmingle again.

I am now broadcasting to you from theVault-Tec installation control booth. Looking out of the window I cansee... Yes! The NCR trooper making the signal I was told to expect,we've been liberated!

I'll power down the Vault-Tec automateddefence system once they get closer – those gun batteries willincinerate anyone coming up the valley if I don't.

So, vault-dwellers, are you ready tocome out and play?

---

Your melon roulette players have been chosen! Please do not send in any more votes. They will be informed soon.

Congratulations to those who have made it out of the vault alive!