The Donor Thank-You Thread!
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

The Donor Thank-You Thread!

Thank you so much for over 400 donations!!!

If you don't want your name or amount here, message me right away and I'll obfuscate it.

Since there were so many donations, I had to put it in a Google Document:

Click here for Donor List

I am honestly blown away by the amount of support I have gotten. I don't know of any other StarCraft 2 mod that can claim to have such a wonderful core community. Mafia has earned, from donations alone, more than most other big StarCraft 2 maps combined. I am truly blessed to have such an honor. No matter what you say about the noobs and trolls plaguing the public games of Mafia, you guys are still special to me.

2. ISO #2

Re: Big Donor Thank You Thread!

I should donate exactly $52.47 When I get money, I promise I'll donate.

I honestly did not expect that you were getting nearly 1k for your effort. Great work DR. The game is awesome and we will continue to support it.

Great work community!!!

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

3. ISO #3
    SilentShadow

You are going to have to add the money that paypal steals :P unless someone else wants to do that. Also you are very welcome for the support I gave you DR and so far I love the perks Especially the colored names even though if I play a public game I usually die night one by the jealous asshole serial killer

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

I watched an Atlanta Braves games against Baltimore on Saturday or so.

One of the shots showed someone wearing a Fred Flintstone outfit.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    AdmiralCain

Thank YOU, DR, for all your hard work on this wonderful game!! ;D

I love the "PayPal taken" stat as well; that was a funny factoid.

(And also, OMG, Plato, you stole the #1 spot. How much do I have to donate to beat Plato? > If that's too personal of a question, how about: "How much to qualify for Benefactor?" LOL.)

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Edited with the exact amount PayPal has taken. That took a bit of calculation and archive-digging, as rates differ for international donations. Also added an interesting factoid.

Fun Fact: Without Plato's donation, the global average is $10.74 and the international average is $8.53!
    So Plato spend about 330 US$ ? O.o this is like how many times the price of SC2?
    FM-veteran
    FM0:orange Mafioso -- FM1: orange Mafia Consort -- FM2: Citizen/Mason -- FM3: Serialkiller -- FM4: Jester -- FM5: Godfather -- FM7: Coroner
    Killcount so far: 22

Oh, and I sometimes use hyphens - it's a German-thing :3

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Wow cool thx DR, did he gave any explanation for the delay?
    FM-veteran
    FM0:orange Mafioso -- FM1: orange Mafia Consort -- FM2: Citizen/Mason -- FM3: Serialkiller -- FM4: Jester -- FM5: Godfather -- FM7: Coroner

14. ISO #14
    chocopaw

Playing right now and enjoying the music. ^_^

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16
    chocopaw

Don't be too overambitious tho, DR forgot to fix the bug where pubs are incredibly stupid. :/

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Change my RL-Name into my nick so that my E-penis grow more

Revedit: It already was.

Rumpeledit: yeah, I just realized that was already wondering why I was that far up ok, now make my name yellow
    FM-veteran

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20
    AdmiralCain

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post
    So Plato spend about 330 US$ ? O.o this is like how many times the price of SC2?
    Let's see...do a little algebra, cross multiply, and.. EEK, $334!!

Okay, time to get out my piggy bank to save up to beat his donation and reclaim the #1 spot!

FWIW, my original donation was about 1 time the price of SC2 (Collectors) because Mafia is basically all I play on SC2 now, and I wanted DR to get as much as Blizz got from me.

21. ISO #21
    AdmiralCain

Quote Originally Posted by Spy
    From now on Plato donates the amount that matches the date:

E.g. today is July 8 (UK time). So he donates $78.
    1. Are you Plato?
    2. If so, starting on July 10, can we expect three-digit donations from you ($710+) each day?

22. ISO #22
    AdmiralCain

The maximum that Plato could donate then is $1231.
    Yes, $1231 would be the maximum Plato could donate on one day, 12/31. But from now until 12/31 it would probably add up to roughly...$120,000 or so, minus any days on which he forgets.

Before restarting the cycle at $11 on 1/1.

23. ISO #23
    SilentShadow

Why doesn't he just pay him a penny a day and double the amount each day for a month straight.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25
    AdmiralCain

Plato wants his blog [redacted] to be permanently on the front page of every Mafia game, otherwise he wants full refund of his donations to DR.
    This is a joke, right? Or just free advertising here in the forum post? :P

26. ISO #26
    AdmiralCain

No joke, DR gets 8 hours max to do this.
    Come on, that's not reasonable. A condition such as this one should be specified in advance of the donation and agreed to, not named after the donation.

I suppose it might be reasonable going forward if Plato is really planning to donate ~$140,000 a year, though. But is Plato serious about donating the date in dollars each day (as outlined above, up to $1231 on 12/31)? And is he planning to donate every day / almost every day? Because I was going to try to match Plato's donation, but there's no way I can match $140,000 per year so if that is the case I won't attempt it.

However, I would suggest to DR not to advertise a requested website on the first page of every Mafia game unless the sponsor commits to a large, regular donation in a written agreement--such a case should be treated as an advertising contract, not an ordinary donation, because of the high-publicity advertising that the sponsor is requesting.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

I would not have a problem with a hint for Platos blog... If it helps him to find a publisher for his lyrics (in case he does not have one yet) I'm sure he would ad a lyric to promote Mafia

Also I think we have to honor Plato cause he's probably the one who will prevent Mafia to appear in Blizzard Marketplace...
    FM-veteran

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31
    Ohelig

I am Zachary O. Could I get the "respected" title added onto my account?

As proof of my identity, the username of the email is lava-craft

Edit: Thank you :3

32. ISO #32
    AdmiralCain

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    You only needed to ask. I mean, I already have Revoki on there so this is very reasonable for me to do for a big donor.
    Okay then, if you think it is reasonable.
    BTW what's Revoki? (I'm on vacation now with no SC, so the last version of the Mafia game I saw had no links to anything on it).

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34
    AdmiralCain

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Team Revoki is a SC2 Team of some sort that sponsors maps and players. Mafia is an affiliate of Team Revoki.

They have a website: https://www.teamrevoki.com/
    :o What's an affiliate? Is the "Rev" in Revoki related to the Rev in DarkRevenant?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36
    chocopaw

french blue

Plato, est-ce toi?

37. ISO #37
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

lol
    Spy are you in France yet?

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41
    Graham

I'd love to if I could figure out how to donate lol

Edit: it's on home page. lmao. I had my bookmark set to forums >.>

There you go. Am I 100th?

Apparently, Amazon took fees a grand total of $0.00!

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43
    Graham

^_^

Congratulations too, for making this wonderful map and attracting 100 donors within weeks!

Edit: Split up these factoids from Paypal? Like fees taken?

44. ISO #44

PayPal and Amazon have similar fees, but Amazon's are better in most ways. Assuming from US, at $15, the fees are identical ($30 for international). Above $15, Amazon charges more. Below $15, PayPal charges more. Amazon has a 4.9% fee to the donation, while PayPal charges 2.9% (3.9% for international) as well as a $0.30 fee.

45. ISO #45
    Graham

Hmm. Okay, thanks for the explanation! Maybe keep that paypal account open and accessible for donors who want to donate a lot? Like Plato? ;)

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47
    Graham

I see. I use Amazon a couple of times or so every month so donating was super easy. I also occasionally use Paypal and my only gripping with them was that it took a while to set the account up and "confirm" it. That was your problem area?

Btw theoretically, it would be cheaper to mail you cash lol

Edit: After reading your explanation about fees, I thought about my donation - the fees was $0.00 O_o

Maybe because I'm a Prime member??

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50
    Graham

Haha all right, sweet

Just saw these factoids (gotta love excel?). Looks like you will be sticking with Amazon, heh.