Examiner: National Online Games
4/5 -- "Mafia has all the allure of those party-night murder-mystery game boxes, and you can play through one in significantly less time. Grab your friends, serve some popcorn, and hide your identity – Mafia is a StarCraft II custom map worth playing." -- Daniel Tack (Mafia Review)

NEW! Now released is Mafia Simulator, by Illidan and Raiden. This program simulates Mafia games and graphs out which groups win. It's a good way of balancing your setup and figuring out how games will go. It also includes a game log so that you can read each event that happens in the simulated games! This impressive program has many features and is worth a try.

Also see Rp's Lie Detector, by Logante.

Available in the AM, EU, KR/TW, and SEA servers!
Available in English and Chinese!

What is Mafia?
Mafia is basically a faithful rendition of the party game of the same name, which you can learn about at https://wiki.epicmafia.com and https://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page.

At a basic level, Mafia is like Survivor, if it were played with guns. At night, the mafia elect to kill someone. At day, the town votes to lynch somebody. The mafia win when the town is dead and the town wins when the mafia are gone.

Of course, that's the simplest possible setup. There are in reality many roles and variations that can be used; my rendition of Mafia tries to include lots of options, but it is impossible to include all of the possible house rules that people might want (I'd be working until the day I die and not make even half of them).

For this reason, my Mafia will include roughly three dozen roles, many of which are familiar to veteran players, but some of which will be fairly unique. There are many options, but this is still my interpretation of the game; I have optimized the experience and game mechanics to work best with the battle.net service and playerbase.

What are the features?
  • Many combinations of options and role setups
  • Lots of custom UI, including a full-feature setup screen
  • Customized chat and log system
  • Dynamic tutorial system (optional)
  • Carefully-made game mechanics that flow smoothly and react dynamically
  • Lots of polish, including a natural day-night lighting scheme, weather, and several execution methods
  • Variant save slot
  • Stats tracking, points leaderboard, and points rewards
  • Custom-made UI art by Irrational and Dgrayed
  • Custom-composed music track by KingAdamXVII

What is done so far?
There are currently 32 roles (with about three dozen in total planned) and countless combinations of game options and role setups with more to come in the future. Beyond that, all of the game mechanics are finished. I will also add more execution types later on when I get bored.

Where can I play Mafia?
Play it on American, European, or Southeast Asian battle net, under the name -Mafia-. You can organize matches in the Mafia channel; this is the preferred method because the players are much less likely to leave mid-game and will be more knowledgeable about Mafia.