Dust's Cop Insanity

Roles:
    Cop
    Naïve Cop
    Paranoid Cop
    Insane Cop

Mafioso

Theme:
    Five police officers meet again for for the first time since they left police academy. Each with there own experience and insight on the scum of society. One of them has a nice old mansion in the mountains where they decided to share some time, drinks and stories. But after one of them is found dead the remaining Officers discuss to find the murderer in their midst.

Role Cards:
    Cop
    Learns if his target is the Mafioso or not

Naïve Cop
    Sees all targets as Not Suspicious

Paranoid Cop
    Sees all targets as Suspicious

Insane Cop
    Sees innocent results for guilty targets and vice-verse

Mafioso
    May kill once per night

A PLAYER WILL NOT KNOW THEIR TYPE OF COP NEITHER WILL IT BE SHOWN IN THE GRAVEYARD

Notifications:
    The PM results will be titled Night X Results with this format:
    Your target seems [suspicious/not suspicious]

Rules:
    No talking about the game outside the game. You may say, "Phyr's hoasting sucks" but that's about it.

You may only use the game thread to talk to other players about the game.

Last wills are allowed.

There will be no Death notes. The Mafioso is illiterate and thus cannot write a simple, "Ha, u ded."

You may quote PMs. Who cares? They're all going to be the same anyway. They won't prove anything that you want to prove.

There won't be RP.

Game will start with a discussion. As soon as all players sent in their night action for night 1, day 1 will begin.

Day/Night cycles will end when somebody is lynched/day is skipped/all night actions are sent in or 24 hours expired.

Sign-ups:
    This is likely to be a short game. I likely will use fifo. You may sign up as a whole team of five. Please make sure you can solve these practice scenarios before you sign up. The game relies on the players to give the setup some thought.

People that are playing right now:
    -

Sign-ups:
    CmG
    Duzero
    SirBlayzalot
    Rihfok (playing FMXII right now)

Reserves:

I will leave this open to further sign-ups. People that already played may sign up again.

For reference I will link, how the game was played under Dust's wings.

Results for the games played thus far:
    Game 1 (link): Town won! Players: Escaho, Sardor, kiranearitachi, Mopin, clementine
    Game 2 (link): Mafia won! Players: Duzero, Rihfok, SirBlayzalot, GriM-DeMoN, kiranearitachi
    Game 3 (link): Mafia won! Players: MANgerine, straykiwi, Ubernox, Nick, Kromos
    Last edited by Phyr; May 23rd, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM: Dust's Cop Insanity hosted by Phyr - Sign-ups

lol this seems awesome. perhaps make nights 12 hours since there is no jailor/night chat?

/sign
    https://i.imgur.com/MuBx7.png
    Spoiler : Goremansir <3 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremansir View Post
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5
    Sardor

/sign

6. ISO #6

/reserve if you don't get enough sign ups
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

7. ISO #7

I think I can /sign
    I should be free most of the Sunday, only will be out for a couple of hours.
    Though it also depends on the timezone.
    RIHFOK IS A FAILOR Achievements: Last of Kin, Half Mafia, Half Town, Forever Alone
    M-FM VII: Investigator(Lost, kinda survived), GY S-FM: Kidnapper(Won, Survived), DN S-FM: Arsonist(Won, Survived), KF S-FM: Ravager (Lost, Lynched Day 4)

8. ISO #8

Yeah, I'll /sign for an awesome host.
    M-FMIII: Lookout (WIN!) | M-FMIV: SK (WIN!) | M-FMV: Bus Driver (LOSS) (Unintentional MVP Award!) | FM-X: Citizen/Mason (WIN!) | S-FMIII: Vigilante (WIN!) | Cursed Bullet S-FM: Citizen (WIN!) | M-FMVI: SK (WIN!) | Torment S-FM: Citizen (LOSS) | S-FM (GI): Consig (WIN!)
    https://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5633/escahomvp.jpg

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

/Reserve can you please host this again I really don't get it and I would like to have a try.
    I am about of the shit SC2Mafia forums. It is such a dark place I just want out of it just for fun I'm going to troll to get myself Banned.
    BAN ME CUNTS FUCK YOUR STUPID FORUM

15. ISO #15

Sure, I think I can host some of them. But give it more thought before you play it. Try to make a plan for when you are Cop/Mafia. Just rushing in without an idea on what to do kinda breaks the game. I linked the game, that was played under Dust's patronage. It should teach you everything you need to know.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

/Sign for the next game.
    I need help with this
    so Cop sees guilty people as Mafia and innocent voters is Not Suspcious
    Insane cop sees innocent people as Mafia and guilty people as Not Suspcious

I don't get what the other 2 do they just see everyone is 1 thing that will make them know what cop they are.
    I am about of the shit SC2Mafia forums. It is such a dark place I just want out of it just for fun I'm going to troll to get myself Banned.
    BAN ME CUNTS FUCK YOUR STUPID FORUM

18. ISO #18

The Naïve Cop and the Paranoid Cop are basically Citizens, who think they are Cops, as they can't gain any information to discern the Mafioso from the Cops.
    They are in the setup, so that the real Cops (Cop and Insane Cop) don't know for sure, whether they are Cops or Citizens.
    You don't know which kind of Cop you are unless you survive two nights and then it is still possible, that you still don't your exact role.

Now for a little game (practice for the real one):

Remaining Players:
    Player 1 (You)
    Player 2
    Player 4

Graveyard: (Only Cops die at night)
    Player 3 - Cop - died Night 1
    Player 5 - Cop - died Night 2

You are Player 1 and a Cop (you don't know which exactly for now). I will give you two investigation results one the other players.

The goal of this game is to narrow down your role as far as possible and if it is unambiguous (and only then), declare who the Mafioso.

Scenario 1:
    Player 3 is suspicious; Player 4 is not suspicious

Scenario 2:
    Player 3 is suspicious; Player 5 is suspicious

Scenario 3:
    Player 2 is not suspicious; Player 5 is not suspicious

Scenario 4:
    Player 4 is suspicious; Player 2 is not suspicious

Scenario 5:
    Player 2 is not suspicious; Player 4 is not suspicious

Bonus question:
    If we ignore the order in which the results are gathered, there are some combinations of results that are impossible to receive. Which are they? List all possibilities.

Now we add the result, that Player 5 gathered during Night 1 and left in his last will, to the mix. In addition to the information requested from the scenarios 1-5, please add the chances for one of the remaining other players (Player 2/4) to be Mafia.

Scenario 6:
    Player 2 is suspicious; Player 4 is not suspicious; Last Will Player 5: Player 2 is not suspicious

Scenario 7:
    Player 3 is suspicious; Player 5 is suspicious; Last Will Player 5: Player 2 is suspicious

Scenario 8:
    Player 2 is not suspicious; Player 5 is not suspicious; Last Will Player 5: Player 2 is not suspicious

Scenario 9:
    Player 4 is suspicious; Player 2 is suspicious; Last Will Player 5: Player 4 is suspicious

Scenario 10:
    Player 2 is not suspicious; Player 4 is suspicious; Last Will Player 5: Player 3 is suspicious

This is basic knowledge you need to be able to play a Cop. The Mafioso needs to know all of this and more, because he has to forge results and make sure he incriminates the right one or no one.

Please PM me your answers instead of posting them here, so that other players may use this, to get into the setup.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by SirBlayzalot View Post
    do we have to answer this to take part?
    dooooooooood...
    You're in the game...
    RIHFOK IS A FAILOR Achievements: Last of Kin, Half Mafia, Half Town, Forever Alone
    M-FM VII: Investigator(Lost, kinda survived), GY S-FM: Kidnapper(Won, Survived), DN S-FM: Arsonist(Won, Survived), KF S-FM: Ravager (Lost, Lynched Day 4)

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

oh totaly missed that. What a shame.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by MANgerine View Post
    seems LEGIT
    a MAN like me wants to play
    /SIGN
    As you are new to the forums, would you mind to PM me the solutions of these practice scenarios? The game relies on the players having a firm understanding on how this setup is played.
    As soon as I've seen that you've given it some thought, I will put you on the sign-ups list. Go4It and HF.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

/sign again!
    https://i.imgur.com/MuBx7.png
    Spoiler : Goremansir <3 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremansir View Post
    In a fit of rage (who would insult his voice of an angel? (And by angel, we mean a drunk, fat, middle-aged cop)) ... Duzero stripped out of his uniform, leapt onto CmG and started eating his face. CmG started to protest...

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Might I try to /sign again too?

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

If there's anymore places /sign
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)