General Discussion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

General Discussion

I think we could add here anything about the game. I still didn't hear anything about a okay for something like a FAQ thread, but I think I will make one either way. The questions just might remain unanswered.

I would have gone for a lookout plan again. No spree killer.
    The trapper isn't that big of a threat, because he will get revealed. The mayor problem here is the cult. We don't want all that valuable information to fall into the Cult's hands.
    The information gained will be useful to narrow down the Witch, Cult Leader, Interceptor, Disguiser, Godfather/-mother and Jester as the Lookout will either get a negative or positive list of persons in which to search for. But i think, none of those listed, would visit the target. (God, I'm so tired right now. Don't know if this makes that much of a sense.)

2. ISO #2

Re: General Discussion

Here's what I think the night's kills will look like:
    2 town deaths and one non-town/neutral death

The day will see someone claim sheriff or lookout/detective with results on someone.
    there will be a lynch. The lynch will be anti town.

The next night's kills will be:
    2 town deaths and 1 mafia death

The next day will see the claimer pressured but not lynched. They will lynch someone else and he will be neutral.

After that, it's up in the air.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    3) I was smited but it didn't do anything because I wasn't culted
    Hmm, McPwnage's statement that he wasn't culted isn't necessarily true. As far as I read the role cards only vested Survivor, Coven Leaders, Phantom and the Bishop's -administer target are immune. Jailing doesn't necessarily prevent culting, while it prevents attacks. So the smite could have just been prevented by the jailing.
    If only a smite on an non-cult member counts as failed, and thus messaging the target, it is made sure that McPwnage is neither the Count nor culted.

6. ISO #6

Claw always making a gambit just is... is so meta. He ALWAYS does it. He's just not as credible as someone who doesn't make gambits. Reputations do matter in these games.

In the party game, mafia. Do you usually just play a one off game with a set of people and never play with them again? No. You play multiple games with them and learn to read them like books during those games. New people add to the game because they are wild cards. They could be psych majors or they could just be really lucky (or unlucky) but the old players have no prior experience with the new players and so must build a reputation for themselves. The old learn about the new and vice-verse.

In the forums, the new players have an advantage because the games have been archived and so new players can look back at players' performances and make their own notes.

I hope that we can't be kicked out of heaven for meta reasons.

Meta is the meat of mafia. Just deal with it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Hey dudes, so some people in real life staged an intervention for me... Because I keep checking this site 24/7 and they think I'm too OCD about checking online games... T.T

Not gonna be able to completely analyze everything, more likely just going to skim and be posting general impressions.

Personally, if I was mafia, I would have someone in my faction troll a bunch or play off of one of the trolls to pass on consig results (if there is a consig). I, too, would suspect Blazer, but if metagaming is allowed, it would be a complete toss up what his alignment could be... (we are all familiar with the sketchy coroner he played in M-VM VII). I think nothing so far has really been revealed that tells me one thing or another about alignments...

I respect Claw for making a gambit though. :P Maybe it's just because I haven't played with him before, but I think it is definitely interesting to perturb the game by making a gambit and then looking to see what settles out of the perturbation. I would think Claw is a citizen or some kind of loner neutral with no other means of gathering information because such moves are often risky and run the risk of getting you lynched. However if you are a bored citizen/random neutral then often it is the only way to give you specific information that helps you piece together parts of the puzzle on your own.
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

9. ISO #9

With Claw, I say he could be anything. When I was sheriff in the last FM I claimed vigilante and said that I would shoot someone if that person didn't claim in three posts. I was FOS'ing a player and got a lot of information from that. Unfortunately for me, he wasn't mafia, but the suspicion that resulted protected him through the game.

Claw is a wild card. I would say that he's anything but a detective that followed TheWaaagh.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

In the party game, mafia. Do you usually just play a one off game with a set of people and never play with them again? No. You play multiple games with them and learn to read them like books during those games. New people add to the game because they are wild cards. They could be psych majors or they could just be really lucky (or unlucky) but the old players have no prior experience with the new players and so must build a reputation for themselves. The old learn about the new and vice-verse
    I am too damn sly to fall into predictable habits. Anytime someone points one out, I always change it up so I can't be predicted anymore.

My new favorite thing to do is publicly state I am the jester every game once or twice every day and say nothing else. No matter what role I am.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Claw always making a gambit just is... is so meta. He ALWAYS does it. He's just not as credible as someone who doesn't make gambits. Reputations do matter in these games.

In the party game, mafia. Do you usually just play a one off game with a set of people and never play with them again? No. You play multiple games with them and learn to read them like books during those games. New people add to the game because they are wild cards. They could be psych majors or they could just be really lucky (or unlucky) but the old players have no prior experience with the new players and so must build a reputation for themselves. The old learn about the new and vice-verse.

In the forums, the new players have an advantage because the games have been archived and so new players can look back at players' performances and make their own notes.

I hope that we can't be kicked out of heaven for meta reasons.

Meta is the meat of mafia. Just deal with it.
    ;) I feel like I'm a father watching his boy grow into manhood.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by FM Game Master View Post
    Well, take comfort that your boy just gamethrew and was modkilled for it.
    I was referring to Dust.

@Dust Yes, game is over.

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Phyr View Post
    Wow, did that really happen? Way to be a douche and waste the efforts of 31 people. I really thought he was a fine guy. I didn't mind all the drama during day 2. But if he really did what the posts implied, then I'm quite sad. Didn't think he would fall so low to do that.
    It's even worse when you realize that someone else did the same thing to his game. Claw pulled a Crimson.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24