M-FM VII Gamethread - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: M-FM VII Day One: The Hunt Begins

I would prefer investigative roles revealing and protective roles protecting them without revealing. Is this not the standard procedure?

Your suggestion will only work after town is weakened, and mafia starts diverting attention to the opposing team.
    I agree with this. Don't create opportunities for scum to gather a lot of intel early. It's much preferable to wait a bit and give them intel they already had while giving the town a lot of news.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    I agree with this. Don't create opportunities for scum to gather a lot of intel early. It's much preferable to wait a bit and give them intel they already had while giving the town a lot of news.
    If anything... one of the Citizens should role claim. To test for Mason. No Spree Killer so it's fine.

4. ISO #54

Oh, the uber framer.

Question:
    If a framer frames someone and a lookout checks that person, does the framer himself appear along with any false targets or are all the names randomised?

Is the number of visits correct, or can a lookout also see more/less random names "visiting" his target?
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Framer
    May frame a target at night, including himself. A cop (of any kind), an investigator, a consigliere, a lookout and a detective will all receive false information from your target. If a sleuth tries to read the last will of your target he will receive your last will instead. You may choose the information each investigative role receives.
    Framer decide. OP. Complain!

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Framer decide. OP. Complain!
    Ouch. I skimmed that line, thinking it was an extension of his ability to mess with sleuths. But yeah that's pretty powerful, and I'm quite convinced there's a framer in the setup too, because of the synergy with other roles in the setup (quite sure there's a dirty sleuth and a sleuth as well as the confirmed cop/insane cop and invest).

I approve of a citizen revealing themselves to test the existence of a mason, but I'm not volunteering this time.

Was that a stealth claim McPwnage?

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

I thought of doing it the other way round.... Why should Lookout reveal all the protective roles? I'd prefer to do it the other way round, if somebody claims a protective role and didn't visit, Lookout can step in call him out. And if somebody that visited him, doesn't claim a protective role, then he is bad news too. This information is only trustworthy, if the target wasn't framed. But isn't this somewhat forcing Framer on the target?
    I think that the Lookout will get the opportunity to see, if the information he got are reliable. And we still get the feedback messages like blocked and armor given, that we can work with.
    I think it would be best for one Citizen to claim (only if and after the plan got accepted), and a Mason visits him too. So we might end up with a Mason with vest... doesn't sound too bad imo.
    And if the protection was spread, it could also prevent the Mafia from killing each other (each mafia has a 5/17 chance to hit scum). And as there are no feedback messages on heals, we get little information we can work with.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernox View Post
    Oh CmG, I do enjoy my status as trollfest. However, you simply must realise that it's all part of the Grand Strategy.

I claim Sheriff.
    ALL HAIL THE NEW SUICIDALNOOB!

14. ISO #64

Even though there are no sheriffs in the setup.

15. ISO #65

Quote Originally Posted by Phyr View Post
    I thought of doing it the other way round.... Why should Lookout reveal all the protective roles? I'd prefer to do it the other way round, if somebody claims a protective role and didn't visit, Lookout can step in call him out. And if somebody that visited him, doesn't claim a protective role, then he is bad news too. This information is only trustworthy, if the target wasn't framed. But isn't this somewhat forcing Framer on the target?
    Framer can frame the Lookout target and give the Lookout false results.

Even without the OP Framer, the question is of timing. Do we expect protective roles to claim by Day3? Will Lookout survive until Day5?

16. ISO #66

I agree with BorkBot and Nick. I don't agree with Phyr's plan for the reasons listed, and also because of the roles that can alter last wills (i.e. lawyer, framer) that a lookout would most likely put their info into before revealing. This would just give the two mafia factions more information about town protective roles and "fake protective roles" from the opposing mafia faction. Although Phyr does raise good points in post 40. However, I feel that at this point, the mafia factions receive the most benefit from knowing what conditions affected the poor citizen during the night because they know 3 peoples confirmed roles at the moment and all this plan does is to give them an edge to putting together all the pieces of the puzzle before town has a chance to get off to a good start.

-AGAINST

It was a good idea though.

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Also, I believe CmG to be scummy because he put me on his CHECK ASAP list. Since I'm a new player, the host isn't going to waste an exciting mafia/neutral/power role on me in case I afk and forget about the game. He said he put players in green who talk a lot. Why isn't Phyr's name on that list? He has talked a lot, and his plan to me seems obviously the most beneficial to one of the mafia factions (or a neutral). CmG's inclusion of himself on the CHECK ASAP list indicates to me that he is not afraid of being checked -> godfather or actress if he is scum and hopes to be investigated. I thought it was interesting to note that CmG instantly agreed with Phyr's plan (and is the only person to have done so thus far).

tl;dr CmG and Phyr read potentially scummy on my radar and people should keep an eye on them.

19. ISO #69

Okay, again...

Con:
    -No lucky heal on a Town member
    -Framer might feed false information, that can backfire on town, if Lookout trusts his information too easily
    Before he trust his information, he might have to wait for hard proof. Graveyard information or investigation results may help
    -The Doc doesn't know if he is Medical Student or Doc, if the Chosen One gets roleblocked.
    -Dirty Sleuth can read last wills - If Lookout chooses to write his night 1 results into his last will, Mafia might have access to it, before the rest of the town does
    I suggest not writing the result into his last will, as this kind of information is highly sensitive

Pro
    -No lucky heal on scum
    -Framer is likely to target the Chosen One: less likely for investigative roles to hit a framed target
    -Chance of making out certain Mafia roles. Consort/Drug Dealer/Framer

I'd rather have a Lookout result with many player in the feedback message, than one without any.

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

I have a harder time with the downside of Docs not knowing if they are Med Students or the real deal, than the reasons you listed. I don't expect this to pay off first thing day 2. It might come in handy in the long run.
    If a consort goes blocking the Chosen One, we have another "wasted" Mafia action and we will know the next night, if there was a consort in there based on the number of blocked claims. Med Students have a 50/50 chances of needing a second night anyway to know for sure, if they are Doc or not.

Btw the Tally for the Lookout plan:
    FOR(2): Phyr, CmG
    AGAINST(1): BorkBot, clementine, McPwnage

22. ISO #72

I stand in firm negation of this plan. Unless there is an element of WIFOM in this. If the town WIFOMs protection on someone, but doesn't protect that person (or does) then that person is protected regardless of heals or armor real or imagined. Unfortunately, Phyr's plan does not take into effect WIFOM and so I strongly negate the plan.

Also, if there's a lookout and he outs himself, then a dirty sleuth could check the lookout and know who is a doctor or other protection role. I do not condone that.

-Against

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    There a little list how i think we should play this.

GREEN: CHECK ASAP
    YELLOW: Secondary CHECKS
    RED: TROLLFEST

Rihfok
    Nick
    Rocshi
    Goremancer
    clementine
    Mopin
    McPwnage
    FrostByte
    GriM-DeMoN
    BorkBot
    creedkingx
    Phyr
    CmG
    Sumikoko
    Dust
    Fragos
    Ubernox
    ajkei
    DramaLlama

THE END!
    You do realize that this also helps the mafia getting successful frames. I suggest using analysis of posts to really decide who to use a night action on. That's what I'll be doing.

If you cannot do post analysis then I suggest you just take note of what people say or suggest, then match that to whether it helps scum or not.

25. ISO #75

Why does everybody say, that the lookout has to write his result in his last will? This is b***shit - No information in last will about that night... If he dies, he takes it to the grave. And WIFOM would break it... the upside of the information, if not destroyed by framing (but that should be rather obvious after some more information gathering), that is is a reliable "protective role" claim. If the Lookout gets information into his hands, that prove them of being something different, they would be suspicious and inspected a little closer.

Tally for the Lookout plan:
    AGAINST(4): BorkBot, clementine, McPwnage, Dust

26. ISO #76

Why does everybody say, that the lookout has to write his result in his last will? This is b***shit - No information in last will about that night... If he dies, he takes it to the grave. And WIFOM would break it... the upside of the information, if not destroyed by framing (but that should be rather obvious after some more information gathering), that is is a reliable "protective role" claim. If the Lookout gets information into his hands, that prove them of being something different, they would be suspicious and inspected a little closer.

Well for one thing, a PR that doesn't write down his results in either his last will or in day chat is nearly as bad a citizen in terms of information. The information needs to get out to us so that we can use it to determine validity of claims and accusations.

You're starting to look scummy there, Phyr. Just admit that it was a fail plan.

27. ISO #77

Why does everybody say, that the lookout has to write his result in his last will? This is b***shit - No information in last will about that night... If he dies, he takes it to the grave. And WIFOM would break it... the upside of the information is, if not destroyed by framing (but that should be rather obvious after some more information gathering), that it is a reliable "protective role" claim. If the Lookout gets information into his hands, that prove them of being something different, they would be suspicious and inspected a little closer.

[I]fixed[\I]

I don't say that the Lookout shouldn't write ANY of his results in his last will EVER. Just this first night... I think we all agree that this information is too sensitive to take the risk of it falling into Mafia's hands via a Dirty Sleuth. It is only lost if the Lookout dies. But guess what, we can protect him, if he chooses to reveal. And if he reveals he should have information that proves him as Lookout, as there is no Mafia role that gathers information the way the Lookout does.

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

Re: M-FM VII Setup and FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kromos View Post
    Armoursmith
    Can give out one piece of armour at night. The target will be informed that they have received armour the following day. Armour protects the user from one attack upon use, but does not expire until used. You cannot target yourself.
    Please clarify:
    Say I receive armour and use it. Does the armour stay on me until I get attacked (even if its 2 nights later) or is it normal that it gives +1 to life (like a doc heal) for that night only (regardless of being attacked or not).

Other questions:
    Does a converted journalist (to masons) retain his abilities?

How does framing effect detective and lookout results specifically?

Where does the lawyers abilities fall on the order of operations?
    What do you mean by "pen and paper" codes? Is something like binary code considered outside source?

30. ISO #80

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    Also, I believe CmG to be scummy because he put me on his CHECK ASAP list. Since I'm a new player, the host isn't going to waste an exciting mafia/neutral/power role on me in case I afk and forget about the game. He said he put players in green who talk a lot. Why isn't Phyr's name on that list? He has talked a lot, and his plan to me seems obviously the most beneficial to one of the mafia factions (or a neutral). CmG's inclusion of himself on the CHECK ASAP list indicates to me that he is not afraid of being checked -> godfather or actress if he is scum and hopes to be investigated. I thought it was interesting to note that CmG instantly agreed with Phyr's plan (and is the only person to have done so thus far).

tl;dr CmG and Phyr read potentially scummy on my radar and people should keep an eye on them.

Sigh the only one scummy here is you because you are a smurf. You have 2 posts ever. Stop mimicing a new player you are definetly not like you have showed in this post. Since you are a wildcard and nobody knows you but you feel the urge to smurf in a m-fm out of whatever reason i highly suggest to keep an eye on you until your alignment is clear.

Also i think it is not a bad idea if we let a cit claim and a mason recruits this guy. Everything has pros and cons its just a matter of how you get out of it. Mafia is still a game of chance and luck and it will always be the case.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

31. ISO #81

I really hope so we have one, as I think he is one of the strongest roles town can have. But, and no WIFOM here, it's not me.
    I wouldn't want to be the Chosen One in any case if I was Lookout, because a roleblock on me (Med Student!), would fuck up everything.
    It's just something I saw was possible, because there was no spree killer in the setup.

32. ISO #82

Originally Posted by Dust
    You do realize that this also helps the mafia getting successful frames. I suggest using analysis of posts to really decide who to use a night action on. That's what I'll be doing.

If you cannot do post analysis then I suggest you just take note of what people say or suggest, then match that to whether it helps scum or not.
    This list only states my preferences. They cant frame them all. If the mafia really needs help like this, then this game will be a breeze. We don´t know if there is a framer(s). An Insane cop or normal cop setup is annoying enough. Adding a framer like that seems like overkill and a poor choice out of balancing.

Also i expect from Kromos non meta stuff in this setup out of actual reasons.

Btw Phyr is a new player that is his first real game evar on the boards. I am not buddying with him dont get to early conclusions who are utterly wrong.

@Mcpwnage implying who the Lookout is, is stupid. Phyr is a theory crafter at heart he doesnnt need to have the role card to get some strategies up.
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

33. ISO #83

The ONLY 2 problems I see, is that the mafia has a much better chance of hitting town than scum, while there is no protection spread over the players.
    And the Docs don't know if they are Docs or Med Students, if the Chosen One gets blocked.

The Lookout not giving any info on night 1, if he dies isn't really my concern. Chances are high he will see no or one visitation without any claims in day chat to pin it to a role.
    If he gets bogus results he can write that into his last will, if he choses to do so. And we will know, that all other investigation results on night 1 are reliable.

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    LOL!! I didn't make that connection until just now, but it becomes obvious to me now, too.
    nice try

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLlama
    Does a converted journalist (to masons) retain his abilities?
    19) Will the Journalist retain his special ability, if recruited?
    Yes, the journalist can still interview people if recruited by masons. He will be shown to be a Journalist / Mason in the graveyard.

How does framing effect detective and lookout results specifically?

Framer
    May frame a target at night, including yourself. A cop (of any kind), an investigator, a consigliere, a lookout and a detective will all receive false information from your target. If a sleuth tries to read the last will of your target he will receive your last will instead. You may choose the information each investigative role receives.

So if Framer chooses the information every investigative role get (even Investigator and Consigliere can get different results). Framer is basically invisible for a Lookout, as he feeds him all the targets he want - that may be none too. And the Framer also chooses the target the Detective will see his target visit - this may be none as well.

Where does the lawyers abilities fall on the order of operations?
    1 Journalist Interview
    2 Put on vest
    3 Veteran goes on alert
    4 Witching
    5 Blocking
    6 Lookout/Detective (Can see blocks/witching, but can also be affected by those actions)
    7 Jester Visitation
    8 Actress chooses role to act as
    9 Give Guns/Armour
    10 Framing
    11 Mason recruit
    12 Cop / Insane Cop / Investigator / Consigliere / Coroner / Sleuth / Dirty Sleuth
    13 Drug Dealer
    14 Blackmailer
    15 Journalist publishes article
    16 Bodyguard (+1 to life bar)
    17 Kills (-1 to life bar)
    18 Heals (+1 to life bar)
    19 Janitor Cleans / Lawyer changes last will

The armor question is most likely one night only, but it really needs to be clarified.

Another question:
    -If a (Insane) Cop dies, will we know which of the two he was?

39. ISO #89

Why don't the current posters chill and let the others give their opinions?

Rihfok
    Rocshi
    Goremancer
    Mopin
    FrostByte
    GriM-DeMoN
    creedkingsx
    trineroks
    Sumikoko
    Fragos
    Ubernox
    ajkei
    DramaLlama
    I've read in Blazer's S-FM that Rocshi is facing problems and is going to lurk for now.
    Waiting for DramaLlama's smurf check. Not against the new players - clementine and Kony. Standard procedure.

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    Sigh the only one scummy here is you because you are a smurf. You have 2 posts ever. Stop mimicing a new player you are definetly not like you have showed in this post. Since you are a wildcard and nobody knows you but you feel the urge to smurf in a m-fm out of whatever reason i highly suggest to keep an eye on you until your alignment is clear.

Also i think it is not a bad idea if we let a cit claim and a mason recruits this guy. Everything has pros and cons its just a matter of how you get out of it. Mafia is still a game of chance and luck and it will always be the case.
    I have never claimed I was new to mafia, just new to forum mafia. I played a sc2 mafia game with DramaLlama yesterday at Nick and his request which apparently somehow will prove or disprove if I am a smurf b/c of IP address. You guys are never gonna get new members to play here and stay if all u do is accuse newbies of being smurfs. I don't know if this forum has a problem with people smurfing a lot to merit all these accusations... But if sc2 mafia is gaining popularity, then more people are going to start trickling over to this website and if you don't change the way you interact with new people, (i.e. call all new people smurfs) then its honestly not a condusive community building environment.

The wildcard-because-I-am-new thing is an acceptable reason for needing to watch what I do, to learn how I play, but I'm really put off from this environment where people feel the need to accuse people of smurfing all the time. Hopefully playing the game with DramaLlama proved I am not a smurf (I am not sure how that proves anything, but apparently they said it would be a test).

I still have my eye on you CmG. You're allowed to call me scummy if I'm allowed to call you scummy. :P

42. ISO #92

You can sit your ass down.
    Did I ask YOU the questions?

Plus I asked these questions DAYS ago in a different thread which Kromos told me to ask again when this one was open. Obviously Kromos edited the first post to answer them without telling me

Don't piss me off. Seriously, you are immediately #1 scum on my list.

43. ISO #93

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernox View Post
    I look forward to meeting Sumikomo on the battlefield.
    As the same with you, my friend. Kufufu.
    An interesting plan we had, foiled by the mechanics of a framer not previously seen before. Of course, it IS Kromos who is hosting this game, and who knows how many layers of WIFOM he'll use. Perhaps there is no framer or dirty sleuth at all, and it's all there to make us assume that there definitely is one based on the quirkiness of these new additions. Similar to the existence of a Traitor in FMX.

In any case, I now claim citizen. Come, Mason! I am yours.

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLlama View Post
    You can sit your ass down.
    Did I ask YOU the questions?

Plus I asked these questions DAYS ago in a different thread which Kromos told me to ask again when this one was open. Obviously Kromos edited the first post to answer them without telling me

Don't piss me off. Seriously, you are immediately #1 scum on my list.
    Um... scum hunting in the main thread? This is FAQ...

While Phyr is right is showing the question that has been replied to... please don't add in your interpretations. Some questions are best confirmed by the host.

45. ISO #95

I'm just here to say that Phyr should be lynched immediately day 2.

This idiot has the audacity to answer faq questions directed to Kromos.
    He thinks he's king shit of this game and it started not 3 hours ago.

-Vote Phyr

This vote will be cast every single day as soon as I get on and I will not change it until either
    A) Phyr is dead
    B) Phyr is proven 100% WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT Town
    C) A better lynch target is presented to me

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

Originally Posted by clementine
    I have never claimed I was new to mafia, just new to forum mafia. I played a sc2 mafia game with DramaLlama yesterday at Nick and his request which apparently somehow will prove or disprove if I am a smurf b/c of IP address. You guys are never gonna get new members to play here and stay if all u do is accuse newbies of being smurfs. I don't know if this forum has a problem with people smurfing a lot to merit all these accusations... But if sc2 mafia is gaining popularity, then more people are going to start trickling over to this website and if you don't change the way you interact with new people, (i.e. call all new people smurfs) then its honestly not a condusive community building environment.

The wildcard-because-I-am-new thing is an acceptable reason for needing to watch what I do, to learn how I play, but I'm really put off from this environment where people feel the need to accuse people of smurfing all the time. Hopefully playing the game with DramaLlama proved I am not a smurf (I am not sure how that proves anything, but apparently they said it would be a test).
    I still have my eye on you CmG. You're allowed to call me scummy if I'm allowed to call you scummy. :P
    Wrong word choice for a non smurf :-P
    Thats funny because Dramalama runs a lot of smurfs on this forum as well.

Btw keep your eye where ever you want i don´t care.

49. ISO #99

@clementine

Well... to be honest, we do have veteran players masquerading as newbies. But that is not our main concern. As you said, the game is getting more popular and more people are joining. Griefers and cheaters included. And there are quite a few of them haunting the forums.

We do ID checks just to avoid unfortunate incidents from occurring. All new players are checked.

50. ISO #100