Mini-Magic: the Gathering S-FM setup
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Post Mini-Magic: the Gathering S-FM setup

As you may already know, my next Mini-FM setup will be named "Humans vs Dragons" (because this year is Year of the Dragon). But even after that game ends, even more amazing setups and games will await players in nearby future!

Right now I will present to you a smaller scale version of Forum Magic the Gathering - Mini-Magic!

In this setup, there will 5 teams. Five! And each team will have 2 members. Plus there will be 3 neutral "citizens" which goal will be either to survive or support the team that they have decided to favor.

Each team will be based on corresponding Magic color: White, Blue, Black, Red, and Green. Each team will have 3 magi who can cast common, uncommon spells, and rare spells. With 5 teams, that make 13 players total, so the remaining 3 players will be neutral Students. Here is the full setup:

White Mage
    White Mage

Blue Mage
    Blue Mage

Black Mage
    Black Mage

Red Mage
    Red Mage

Green Mage
    Green Mage

Student
    Student
    Student
    Student (bonus slot)
    Student (bonus slot)

The primary goal of each team is to defeat their corresponding enemies and then at least one member of the team must survive until the game ends. Here is how it looks:

White Team must lynch or kill Black and Red Team
    Blue Team must lynch or kill Red and Green Team
    Black Team must lynch or kill Green and White Team
    Red Team must lynch or kill White and Blue Team
    Green Team must lynch or kill Blue and Black Team

It is possible to make alliances between some teams. No more than 2 teams can win the game (for example White & Blue, or Red & Green). Another example is, that if you are on Black Team, you can choose to ally with Red team or Blue team, but not both, since they are hostile to each other. Also, it is entirely possible for one single team to be the sole winner of the game. Winning for yourself is always better than sharing your victory with others. (and I will introduce soon a role whose presence can shatter alliances).

Due to the way the teams are set up, the voting system is changed. It now becomes a single majority. Whoever gets the most votes when day ends will be lynched.

Here is the current list of spells for each team. All spells can be cast by anyone in the team, but each player must cast a different spell. Common spells can be cast on every turn, and uncommon spells can be cast on every second turn each.

White Spells:

Circle of Protection (Common) – Target player receives protection from the color of your choice this night. Any spell of the chosen color that would target that player will be countered. Cannot target self.

Rule of Law (Common) – Target a player. If that player is evil (Black or Red, you won't know exactly), you will be notified.

Mentorship (Uncommon) - If your target is an unconverted Student, your identities will be revealed to each other. When you die, your Student will become a new White Mage (this will be revealed to town). Prevents any further conversions what would be done to your Student. If you accidentally target Red or Black Mage, he will know who are you. White Team can have only one active mentored Student at a time.

Divine Retribution (Uncommon) – You can cast this spell only once for each dead White Mage in graveyard. Kills target player. User may leave a death note.

Blue Spells:

Counterspell (Common) – Counter any spell that would be casted by target player this night

Redirect (Uncommon) – Controls target player to target another player.

Aether Tradewinds (Uncommon) – Switches 2 target players. Cannot switch with self.

Visions (Common) – Allows you to see the exact alignment of your target.

Black Spells:

Doom Blade (Common): Kills target nonblack player. User may leave a death note.

Entomb (Uncommon): Prevents to be killed target player’s role from being revealed in graveyard.

Night Shroud (Common): Target player’s color becomes black for this night.

Blackmail (Uncommon): Target player can only say “I am blackmailed” and vote

Red Spells:

Thunder Charge (Common): Charges target player, or kills already charged player. When that player targets another player with Thunder Charge, both victims will die. User may leave a death note if he directly kills charged player.

Flame Oil (Сommon): Confuses target player, making him to believe that he was the target of another spell (of caster's choice): Thunder Charge, Flame Oil, Counterspell, Redirect, Circle of Protection, Tracker's Instinct.

Ignition (Uncommon): Kills everyone who was doused with Flame Oil.

Insanity (Uncommon): Target unconverted Student or Red Mage becomes Insane, with the goal of lynching himself. Insane Students cannot be converted by Green Team or mentored by White Team. Insane Red Mage retain his abilities and keeps his original goal as well. When Insane person becomes lynched, random non-Red player will die next night. If you accidentally target White or Blue Mage with this spell, he will know your identity.

Green Spells:

Commune with Nature (Uncommon) Recruit target Student to your team. Recruited Students cannot cast non-Green spells. Students will return to normal once all Green Mages in your team are dead. If you accidentally visit Blue or Black Mage, he will know your identity.

Recollect (Common) Allows you to see the true role of a player in a graveyard, his true last will, and all night visits that he made.

Tracker's Instinct (Common) Allows you to see who was visited by target player this night. Target will know that he is tracked.

Cobra Trap (Uncommon) One of the players (other than you) that tries to visit target person this night will be killed, randomly chosen. User may leave a death note. Your target will be notified that Cobra Trap was planted near him this night.

For Students, things are a little more simple. On the first night, each Student will pick his "favorite" color to get a random spell of that color. Each Student must either survive until the end of the game or help team of his chosen color to win (e.g. if he dies and picked Red as his favorite, then he wins if Red team wins). Although this is initial win condition for every Student, it can change as other teams will try to control and manipulate then. A normal Student should stick to survival until converted; a Student that turned Insane must do the opposite - lynch himself in order to win.

Each team also needs a common enemy in order to stand their ground, so I'm also adding Nicol Bolas. He can replace either one of the magi, or one of the students. He must ensure that all Mages are dead. He can also cast all of the spells from above.

So, what do you think? Can you give it a chance?

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

2. ISO #2

Re: Mini-Magic: the Gathering S-FM setup

With Elixir saying you can't sign up for fmxi if you are playing in any mfms and mfmvii I don't see this getting the nod anytime soon. The OG FM crew unjustly hates mfm's so it is hard to see the inner circle of hosts becoming lenient in the future. Future MFM's will be decided by voting and honestly I think a familiar setup is going to prevail over one that is different and untested.

tl;dr: seems kind of cool but no one is going to play it

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I'm sad that I have to choose between FM and MFMs and will pick the latter. An S-FM like this on the side would be most welcome. I need more experience working with team members, and there's a high chance of that happening here.
    FM6: Assassin | FM8: Citizen (Chef) | FM9: Drunkard/Teacher (Nikita) | FM10: Town Thief (Procyon) - Best Night Actions
    M-FM1: Coroner | M-FM2: Lookout | M-FM3: Framer | M-FM6: Acolyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalier View Post
    I don't think someone named wolfcheese has a clean head.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfcheese View Post
    I'm sad that I have to choose between FM and MFMs and will pick the latter. An S-FM like this on the side would be most welcome. I need more experience working with team members, and there's a high chance of that happening here.
    With 2 members per team. Don't count on it. Expect to feel lonely after Night 2/3.

7. ISO #7

A quick reminder that this isn't a S-FM (it's 15 players and doesn't fall under the stricter guidelines).

Whether or not this gets accepted as an M-FM, another quick reminder that you may only have one active setup up for approval, in your own words you are giving preference to your other setup so I'm moving this topic over to M-FM Parking.

And White decks are superior to everything else but Goblin Red decks, remember this.
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

8. ISO #8

I said it's up to 15 players. If 15 ppl is too much, then it will be an S-FM with 13 ppl.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

9. ISO #9

Oh in that case

Disapproved

Not suitable for S-FM.
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Oh in that case

Disapproved

Not suitable for S-FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfire123 View Post
    No its Fragos bitching like a child, McPwnage slapping the ignorant child, and me looking on as an apathetic observer
    This time it's Luna doing the slapping.
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

11. ISO #11

This would probably be an acceptable (if experimental) M-FM setup, but completely unsuitable for a S-FM. Besides as Fragos mentioned this is not the setup he actually wants to host so I don't know why he put it up for approval.

It is you, Gore, that needs the slapping

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    This would probably be an acceptable (if experimental) M-FM setup, but completely unsuitable for a S-FM. Besides as Fragos mentioned this is not the setup he actually wants to host so I don't know why he put it up for approval.

It is you, Gore, that needs the slapping
    Why do I need to be slapped?
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus