Night 7
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Night 7

1. ISO #1
    Stranger

Night 7

You are staying in here until I can kill you. Yo may attempt to claim to make me change my mind. Good luck though.

2. ISO #2
    fm Auckmid

Re: Night 7

Go back through my posts on each day, and really look at what I've said and tried to do. I've always done my best to root out scum. My fighting with zack was, as I explained, both a bit of true frustration with his methods and a gambit in hopes that I could use it to WIFOM as a town PR (after having claimed cit) to a) somehow root out some scum, and B) possibly soak up a mafia night kill. The exact details I had planned to hash out with the other masons at the time.

I say again look at my posts. When I have I been anything but up front? Tell me how I've managed to be anti-town and I'll tell you how you're wrong.

Even on day 3 I made two posts. The first one was an attempt to encourage everyone to NOT talk. That day was CLEARLY a day for scum, and could ONLY benefit scum. I didn't even properly read the day, just skimmed and a few times my name came up (which of course those posts I paid attention to).

Even with all the negative attention towards me I am still doing the same thing, trying to give the best input I can. There is a simple explanation for this: I can only do two things, and that is talk, talk, talk, and talk some more, then vote.

If you are able to point out my "scum tells" of which I guarantee there are no good ones, I'd be happy to discuss them with you.

3. ISO #3
    Stranger

I had nearly the same read from you as I did from Admiral. Admiral claimed to be citizen but I knew she was not. You claim to be a citizen and still claim to be a citizen. I cannot allow that to pass. As it is, there are too many citizen claimers. You happen to be a citizen claimer who I think is not a citizen. If you want to claim your real role you may. Good luck convincing me.

4. ISO #4
    fm Auckmid

I have no other role to claim. I was claiming citizen before it was cool. You, like everyone else have said nothign but "I just know you're not a citizen" or similar things. No one has properly accused me. It's silly.

I know how to have a discussion, and one thing I know is it cannot be done properly with an unwilling participant. Let me know when you're willing to investigate and talk about my activity each day, and my claim then we'll have a productive discussion.

5. ISO #5
    Stranger

Day 1: you believed Claw (or appeared to) but voted him, then on day 2 you said "I started to think he was a jester before he was lynched, so I unvoted" (Only mafia know who would be a jester or not)
    Communication with suicidaln00b (I don't know why you were doing that but it was scummy)
    Day 2: first post you ask why there was no mafia kill (I use that as a big scum tell actually)
    you said that speculation on what the newspaper was scummy (it's not btw)
    You question Illidan's ideas on Lysergic
    You thought that Zack was scummy because he was diverting the discussion (see the point about speculation)
    Day 3: someone claimed traitor on Illidan and said that you were blackmailed
    Day 4: Lysergic dies (we think he's mafia[whoops for you])
    You attack Zack's scum/citizen-hunting skills (he did find a citizen in Crimson, the unlikely citizen [I didn't even think Crimson was a citizen])
    You claim that you haven't been attacked with anything solid (the communication with suicidaln00b was brought up, that's solid imo)
    Nitpicking MrSmarter

This is all I have time for. Busy schedule means I can't go through all what I remember and go through the thread to see what you did and said.

[speculation]
    Even if you were a citizen beforehand, I can imagine that you would get a modkilled role because as far as I can tell, you have been keeping up with the day events and I think Yayap wants to promote that. But you still insist that you are a citizen.
    [/speculation]

6. ISO #6
    fm Auckmid

For day 1 and the unvoting of claw: I can fully understand why that seems scummy. In SC2 mafia when someone looks like they are going to be lynched, but there is a jester in play/chance of them being a jester I always unvote, whether town or not. That's just my play style and I've continued it into forum mafia now.

For day 2: about the news paper, at the time I thought that what was in the news paper was true. Since then a FAQ question has been asked and that's been clarified as maybe true maybe not true. I thought at the time that if the newspaper was true, then people trying to start a witch hunt for the consig were either a) trying to out PE's, or b) trying to waste the town's time.

I questioned Illidan's ideas on lysergic because it looked like illidan just decided to come in and go "hey guys, I totally knew claw was jester so now listen to me". However, some people began to then talk about some good reasons to lynch lysergic, there was discussion on the PE results on him that to me, looked to narrow it down to amnesiac or hooker. There was no solid defense from Lysergic, and it was THEN that I voted for Lysergic. Deathfire's post (whoever he was at that time) at #853 was an influential post for me at that time and pushed me over the edge into voting for Lysergic.

I still maintain it was not wrong to question Illidan for 2 reasons. 1) He was very quickly trying to take control of the day/town discussion early in day 2, I was worried someone doing that who was NOT a controller in the previous day could be scum. I've read previous FM's and it's happened before where a major town leader turns out to be scum. 2) Letting anyone take control without question seems like a bad idea to me. Since I'm a citizen I don't worry about questioning and making myself stand out.

I've always disagreed with Zack's methods, and I'm not the only one who seemed to think on day 2 that he was acting a bit scummy. For me, specifically he was arguing about a mechanic (the thief/dark thief, hooker/independent hooker) results so hard when I personally found it absolutely clear and posts were being made telling him he was wrong. It wasn't until a new FAQ question was asked that he finally unvoted Kromos. I thought he was pushing too hard (and still think he pushes too hard, but I 100% believe he's town) for bad lynches when there were better targets.

Simply put, in this game me and Zack simply disagree. I don't feel that should be held against me, but it's your choice there.

HOWEVER:
    Regarding day 2, I'd like to point you towards posts 1112 and 1142. In both posts I tried to WIFOM that I was a town PR there, Blacksmith specifically because I was pretty sure elixir was scum there so I wanted to hint that I might be a blacksmith and knew he didn't receive anything and soak up a potential night shot. Though I may have ruined that with my 2nd to last post trying to tell the masons to recruit me.

Also earlier in the day, there was a small instance of me trying to shut down Elixir's mistrust of Kromos who at the time it seemed very likely he was town.

Day 3: It was a scum troll day, I took very little part in it. I have never been blackmailed. I posted only twice that day and signed with something to the effect of "the one, the only, the real auckmid" something like that.

day 4: Again my feud with zack. I did explain after that I was playing up that feud between us to try and use it at a later date (as I explained again above). I do think that Zack has been misreading people, but I will admit that is biased because I know I'm a citizen, and he's so dead set on me not being one and Zack specifically has not really brought a solid accusation against me.

The suicidaln00b thing I had thought he was blackmailed not doused, so I figured if he was blackmailed and it was found out that he was communicating like that it was going to fulfill the taboo of revealing you're blackmailed so yes I kept it secret for a while so I could just watch him. That was outed a while later on day 1 so nothing came of that. This is another thing I can absolutely understand how it's viewed as scummy, but all I can say is after talk on day 0 of invisible ink I was really vigilant for it on day 1, and I only had motives on trying to help town with it. TBH with this being my first big FM I thought I was terribly clever for finding a blackmailed victim and thus a strong candidate for a townie.

Nitpicking MrSmarter was because I thought that he may have made a slip in simple wording and wanted to see that would lead. I assume you're talking about the "civilian" thing?

I understand the busy schedule thing. And I am glad you're taking the time to point out exactly what it is that you (and others I assume) are picking up on.

As to your speculation, I personally think the opposite. I've been a very active citizen, more active than any other modkilled/rerolled citizens that we know of and I don't see any reason to reroll a living player who is extremely active with the role they've been given. This may simply be a differing of opinion though. Plus I'm enjoying being a citizen because I feel like I can talk more and not fear death from the mafia at night. If I die at night from a mafia kill AND I've helped vote scum out, to me that's very successful citizen play and I enjoy that.

7. ISO #7
    fm Auckmid

Also one last note, I tried to get the masons to recruit me. Unless I'm the godfather that would be stupid, all it would do is confirm me as mafia (or technically, not citizen but in this case it would be seen as mafia and rightly so). Narks even admitted that before luna was killed I was going to be recruited. Even as a town PR (if I were rerolled as you speculate) it would have been stupid because there were others that were probably citizens.

8. ISO #8
    Stranger

The speculation was that you would have been given a modkilled person's role, not modkilled yourself. I think you misunderstood that or I didn't explain is correctly. Your argument against yourself being modkilled only feeds my speculation.

9. ISO #9
    Stranger

My only problem with day 3 and the claim that you were blackmailed is that you were cleared from being mafia with it. You claim that you did not write it though. That seems to me to be scummy.

Also, I made a WIFOM choice with my jail target. If you are mafia the mafia may target one of my potential jail-protection targets because I am jail-blocking you and they would know if you were jailed or not.