M-FM VI Gamethread
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

M-FM VI Gamethread

Day 1: The Arrival

In the most northern reaches of the snow-covered kingdom of Fyodor, there stood a small town. Mountain's End was its name. For many hundreds of years the inhabitants of the settlement, that was based at the foot of a mountain range and surrounded by miles upon miles of pine forest, lived in peace and prosperity. While the environs were cold and harsh to the people and the men had to work hard inside the mines to reap the rewards of the mountains' rich gold deposits, they lived happy lives. Much thanks to the fair and benevolent Lord Jared Trianesh, one of many in a long line of governors from the same local ruling family. He took great care to provide for his people and to protect them with all that he had, and he was well loved. Mountain's End grew as people from lands afar came to trade and moved in to share in its splendour. Lord Trianesh welcomed all with open arms, for he was a kind man who always tried to see the best in people.

Alas, the years of happiness were not meant to last. Not all of the newcomers were as good as the Lord himself, and as the town grew larger and larger, so did its share of rotten apples. The presence of gold attracted men and women whose hearts were filled with greed, a lust for power and other dark traits. Some of the more ambitious newcomers established a council of sorts and demanded recognition from the governor, assuring him time and time again that the town had become too big for him to rule alone. And that they should relieve him of some tasks in its administration. Lord Trianesh wisely refused, for he had brought Mountain's End where it was today and was confident that he could manage on his own. After refusing the offer for the third time, the Lord was struck with a strange and mysterious illness that none in the vicinity could cure. He passed away a few days later.

His grieving widow, unable to handle the death of her beloved husband, demanded solitude and sent away all of her staff. She only allowed her husband's ever-faithful servant, The Valet, to remain with her inside her mansion. He was to provide her with basic necessities such as food and drink in order to stay alive. For years, none were welcome in the mansion. Some dared to enter without invitation, but they returned as insane murderers and other deranged lunatics, if they returned at all. It was rumoured that the Lady dabbled in sorcery and sought for a means to bring her late husband back to life.

After a while, Mountain's End became a place of paranoia. Some fled the town while they still could. Others stayed, blind with greed or having no other place to go. It is said that the entire population eventually just ceased to exist.

Mountain's End is a ghost town these days. Adventurers and heroes occasionally travel there to seek their fortune, yet there are no accounts of any who have succeeded. Sir Bastion of the Church of Tyr, God of justice and redemption and the patron deity of men, assembled an expedition to purge the town of its taint once and for all, so that the spirits of the dead may finally rest.

Their trek through the eerie forest was uneventful. Not even a lonely wolf was seen. Nor any deer or boars or any other wild beasts. The town itself was cloaked in a dense fog. Moss grew over streets that hadn't been cared for in a long time. Some houses were burnt and lay in ruins, others were boarded up and abandoned. There were no signs of life to be found anywhere, except for a faint light shining through some of the windows from within the great mansion that stood atop a hill some distance away. The group proceeded towards its destination and approached the old building from which Lord Trianesh once ruled. A shadow of its former glory.

The gates were open, yet the members of the expedition couldn't help but feel unwelcome. But they could not turn back now, for they were on a quest. And they were determined to accomplish what they had set out to do. Most of them at least. The members of the group cast nervous and confused glances glances at each other. Could all of their companions be trusted when faced with great fear? Did that one man's hair turn grey-ish overnight? Why did that knight insist on hiding his face behind a helmet? What exactly was it that they were supposed to do in order to cleanse the mansion of The Haunting? Where was the treasure located?

These were only some of the questions that spooked through their minds.

Welcome to MFM VI! This day is here to ask questions about the setup. You can find a thorough description of game mechanics here.

Be aware that some changes were made recently to (hopefully) provide a better experience, so even if you have read it before, you are advised - nay, required! - to read the whole thing again.

All questions will be answered in this thread and later added to the Q&A section of the FAQ thread.

Rolecards will be sent on night 1.

Roles list:
    The Banshee (Lady Trianesh)
    Investigator (The Valet)
    Assassin
    The Paladin (Sir Bastion)
    Cleric
    Diviner

Hidden Exorcists Power Role
    Acolyte
    Acolyte
    Acolyte

The Death Knight (Sir Purigon)
    Thief
    Hidden Neutral ***
    Hidden Neutral

Hidden Exorcists Roles **: Knight, Ranger, Stalker, Bard, Herald, Undertaker, Coroner, Armoursmith, Shadow Hunter
    Hidden Neutral Roles ***: Executioner, Amnesiac, Jester, Survivor

Player list:
    1. DramaLlama
    2. CmG
    3. Kromos
    4. Mopin
    5. jimbobicus
    6. Socretin
    7. Luna
    8. wolfcheese
    9. Rocshi
    10. McPwnage
    11. Goremancer
    12. Deathfire123
    13. Escaho
    14. Sumikoko
    15. Ubernox
    16. Guardian
    17. TheWaaagh
    18. Fragos
    19. Azeryuu
    20. Nick

There will be no lynch today

The day will end at this time
    Last edited by BorkBot; February 24th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: M-FM VI Day 1: The Arrival

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    Can anyone except the paladin, cleric, and diviner be converted to the haunting? What about Neutrals?
    The conversion immune roles are the paladin, cleric, diviner and the death knight. Anyone else can be converted, including the neutrals.
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

4. ISO #4

Does one person have to be in possession of all three keys in order to open the crypt or can two or three different people collaborate to open the crypt at once? If the haunting can't possess the keys what is stopping people from just giving the "unseal" command every night?

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    The conversion immune roles are the paladin, cleric, diviner and the death knight. Anyone else can be converted, including the neutrals.
    If the thief is converted does his objective become to keep the crypt closed instead of being the one to open it? Can the thief (and other converted players) still posses keys or are they not allowed to as a new member of the haunting?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    Does one person have to be in possession of all three keys in order to open the crypt or can two or three different people collaborate to open the crypt at once? If the haunting can't possess the keys what is stopping people from just giving the "unseal" command every night?

The 3 key owners need to collaborate and give their unseal command on the same night. The Haunting can come in possession of keys by converting keyholders. The town might not want to unseal the crypt in fear of the thief and an executioner or jester could have certain demands.

If the thief is converted does his objective become to keep the crypt closed instead of being the one to open it? Can the thief (and other converted players) still posses keys or are they not allowed to as a new member of the haunting?

His goal becomes to win with the haunting. Once you have a key, nothing forces you to give it up except dying or a thief looting it off you.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernox View Post
    Should we have gotten our role cards yet? When does day end?
    U no read my RP?!?!

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Goremancer View Post
    Borkbot use a D20
    I will!

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Bitch please what is goremancer doing here?
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

14. ISO #14

Can you put down a list of role counterparts? Which shows all the exorcist roles and its Haunting counterpart if any.
    Acolyte->Assassin
    Shadow Hunter->Shadow

Everything else just stays the same role, but becomes
    EVIL and allows a shadow hunter to sense them. The jester and the amnesiac also function differently if they get converted.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

-vote skip like a fag
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

People are reading my epic story and the game's rules. You should do the same!

On a more serious note, I don't expect day 1 to be overly busy, because nobody has any information or reads on anyone yet. You could discuss possible strategies if you like (though they could be used against you). Or you may troll a bit or talk about random subjects if you want. As long as you make sure you have asked me everything you need to know before the game starts for real.

Skip day is not an option because I'm synchronising this with FMX.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Mein LEben!

24. ISO #24

Who made Sir Purigon a Sir? Was it ze Queen of England?

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Are we Allowed to -suicide?
    (thief may have unsealed the crypt and doesn't want to get converted.)
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM8 - Bebe(Citizen) FM9-Prokofi(German Medic) FM10- CptKirk(Citizen) FM11 - Caitlyn(Abstergo Agent/Citizen)
    M-FM1-Veteran(Durante) M-FM2-Detective M-FM 4- Student(Nina Einstein) M-FM6- Armorsmith
    Misc: Why-FOM (M-FM 1), SFM: The Experiment: Hosted

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

The Haunting
    Win Conditions: All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.

At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

Dead members of The Haunting will lose if the Death Knight survives.

Assuming Death Knight is dead. Win conditions:
    1) All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.
    2) At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

May I confirm if point 1) and 2) must be accomplished for The Haunting to achieve victory? Meaning that 3 conversion immune Exorcist roles plus another 4 non-conversion immune Exorcist must die?

Members of the Haunting can communicate at night and participate in the night kill vote. An assassin is required to perform a night kill; noone else can be sent to do it.

The Banshee can override the night kill vote. An assassination and a conversion from The Banshee cannot occur simultaneously, but an assassination and a maniplulation from The Banshee can.
    May I assume this mean that:
    1) The Banshee cannot kill
    2) The Banshee need assassin to kill
    3) The Banshee can override the night kill vote
    4) The Banshee can only override the night kill vote if she is manipulating and not converting

5) The Banshee is manipulating the assassin

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Are we Allowed to -suicide?
    (thief may have unsealed the crypt and doesn't want to get converted.)
    Suicides are allowed. The thief has to survive until the end to win if he's neutral.

Will the day end faster if everyone makes a goddamn post? CmG I am Sir Purigon and immah gettin u
    Nope.

Assuming Death Knight is dead. Win conditions:
    1) All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.
    2) At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

May I confirm if point 1) and 2) must be accomplished for The Haunting to achieve victory? Meaning that 3 conversion immune Exorcist roles plus another 4 non-conversion immune Exorcist must die?
    That is correct. Both 1 and 2 need to be accomplished for the Haunting to win. Exorcists might want to rethink bussing Sir Bastion on day 2.

May I assume this mean that:
    1) The Banshee cannot kill
    2) The Banshee need assassin to kill
    3) The Banshee can override the night kill vote
    4) The Banshee can only override the night kill vote if she is manipulating and not converting
    5) The Banshee is manipulating the assassin
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, no. The Banshee doesn't need to manipulate the assassin because he's already on her side, but the Haunting can only kill if they don't convert someone at night.

33. ISO #33

Hey BorkBot are you there? Maybe he's answering the shitload Nick posted.
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
    ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
    ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
    █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
    █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
    ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
    ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
    ░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
    ░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
    ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
    ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░ ALL TROLLS USE THIS TO SHOW YOUR IDENTITY

Or maybe he has forsaken us
    https://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/p...opolis/cr7.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GriM-DeMoN
    NO FUCK U IM CITIZEN
    Cock urself cuntosaurus

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Surely the Death Knight and the Banshee can just reveal day 1 and kill off the town easily enough?

The only way they can be killed is if the town get all the keys. I'm sure this wont happen until the end of the game as the chances of the town being able to get all the questions right without any of the scum doing so is quite unlikely. Even then the keys could just be stolen by the thief which makes it pretty damn impossible for the town to kill the serial killer and cult leader team.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLlama View Post
    HEY BITCHES!

DRAMA REPORTIN IN!
    To be honest I'm still doing fmx and a few other people in here are probably still alive too.

Pretty sure bork knows this but just saying.
    I'm very much alive in it myself and I know several other MFM players who are as well. FMX is the reason why I say no to all requests to speed up the game at this point.

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Mopin View Post
    Surely the Death Knight and the Banshee can just reveal day 1 and kill off the town easily enough?

The only way they can be killed is if the town get all the keys. I'm sure this wont happen until the end of the game as the chances of the town being able to get all the questions right without any of the scum doing so is quite unlikely. Even then the keys could just be stolen by the thief which makes it pretty damn impossible for the town to kill the serial killer and cult leader team.
    The Serial Killer and the Cult Leader can't win together. See Sir Purigon's win conditions...

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

An Invisibility Cloak!
    O_O
    niceties these days...
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM8 - Bebe(Citizen) FM9-Prokofi(German Medic) FM10- CptKirk(Citizen) FM11 - Caitlyn(Abstergo Agent/Citizen)
    M-FM1-Veteran(Durante) M-FM2-Detective M-FM 4- Student(Nina Einstein) M-FM6- Armorsmith
    Misc: Why-FOM (M-FM 1), SFM: The Experiment: Hosted

41. ISO #41

Thief
    Win Conditions:
    Be one of the players who unseals the crypt. Must survive until the end.

Ability:
    May target a player each night to steal one key in their possession. May also loot dead players.

Alternatively, he may plant a key on a player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once.

Has a passive vest that protects him from the first attack made against him. The vest is lost if he is converted to the Haunting.

If the Thief is among those who unseal the crypt, one random player will die that night (Members of The Haunting, The Death Knight and the Thief himself are not included in the roll).
    Win condition after being converted to The Haunting? Still need to unseal the crypt?

Executioner
    See your assigned target lynched and survive until the end. Target is always an Exorcist.
    Becomes a jester upon failure. Becomes immune to night kills upon success.

May visit a player at night to bother them.
    1) Win condition after being converted to The Haunting?
    2) Converted executioner
    still want converted Exorcist to be lynched?
    3) Executioner with target lynched will retain night immunity after being converted?

Survivor
    Must survive until the end. 3 single use vests (+1).
    1) Win condition after being converted to The Haunting?
    2) Vest remains after being converted?

42. ISO #42

Thief win condition after being converted to The Haunting? Still need to unseal the crypt?
    Yes. And he must win with the Haunting as well, but survival is no longer necessary.

Other neutrals who are converted to The Haunting only need to win with them.

2) Converted executioner still want converted Exorcist to be lynched?
    3) Executioner with target lynched will retain night immunity after being converted?
    He doesn't have to lynch his target anymore, but he will get permanent night immunity if he does. Yes, he keeps his night immunity if he gets converted after lynching his target as well.

Survivor's vests remain after being converted?
    Yes
    Last edited by BorkBot; February 25th, 2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: small change to the thief's victory conditions

43. ISO #43

Members of the Haunting can communicate at night and participate in the night kill vote. An assassin is required to perform a night kill; noone else can be sent to do it.

The Banshee can override the night kill vote. [next paragraph]

An assassination and a conversion from The Banshee Haunting cannot occur simultaneously, but an assassination and a maniplulation from The Banshee Haunting can.
    Corrected.

44. ISO #44

CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME!

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Corrected.
    Alright, I changed it in the setup description. Technically it was already correct (conversion and manipulation are performed by the Banshee while the assassination isn't), but this might be more clear.

48. ISO #48

Thanks for your help, Nick. And yes, Phyr did us all a great service

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

i am not your mirror bitch. The attention whore is.... YOU. I am just trolling out of day 1 tradition thats all