Notice of [Redacted]
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Notice of [Redacted]

Well, I have a simple choice.

1. Sacrifice my real life duties. Continue being stressed to the point of eventual heart failure. Continue Mafia.

2. Quit.

It's not really my choice because I live at my parents' home, and since I depend on their money they've chosen for me.

I cannot continue making free things. I simply cannot afford it. Sorry, guys.

Edit: This is probably a slap in the face to all the donors. If you want a refund, email me.

2. ISO #2

Re: Notice of Resignation

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post

2. Quit.

Edit: This is probably a slap in the face to all the donors. If you want a refund, email me.
    When u say this, do u mean that ur going 2 make the defunct game so no 1 can play it?
    Or do u mean that ur simply going to stop makeing patches for it, but people can still play Maifa?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Its cool, I always have admired you but thought you were really pushing yourself too hard. As someone who has paid myself for choosing the internet over real life in the past I would say that your duties always come first. I would hope that you at least check back occasionally and make minor tweaks if you want to do so. The game is pretty close to perfect at the moment in my opinion and constant changes could make things not as good as that might make the game jump the shark.

I dont know about everyone else but I would be willing to pay for mafia when heart of the swarm comes out.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Mafia won't be pay-to-play, ever. Not with Epicmafia still around.

Also, thanks a lot for all the support!
    The problem I face is there is always an infinite stretch of stuff to deal with and it's really killing me; I have never taken every suggestion but just the essential fixes and problems to deal with are becoming too much to handle.

Also, getting hired by a game company in my area will never happen. I do not have industry experience, I do not have industry experience, and I do not have industry experience. Plus, I lack a college degree so far. And most importantly, I lack a direct connection. The only person I know is a retired CEO of an old game company whom I have met twice through my aunt's husband, who is himself CEO of an asphalt company. Getting anything through that is a stretch, at best; plus I'd have to work full-time for at least one cycle and that won't happen because I am a college student. The job interview I got after 37 applications was for a minimum wage food services clerk position.

Keep in mind this isn't the last Mafia update. But I won't be adding new features any time soon, if ever.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Mafia won't be pay-to-play, ever. Not with Epicmafia still around.

Also, thanks a lot for all the support!
    The problem I face is there is always an infinite stretch of stuff to deal with and it's really killing me; I have never taken every suggestion but just the essential fixes and problems to deal with are becoming too much to handle.

Also, getting hired by a game company in my area will never happen. I do not have industry experience, I do not have industry experience, and I do not have industry experience. Plus, I lack a college degree so far. And most importantly, I lack a direct connection. The only person I know is a retired CEO of an old game company whom I have met twice through my aunt's husband, who is himself CEO of an asphalt company. Getting anything through that is a stretch, at best; plus I'd have to work full-time for at least one cycle and that won't happen because I am a college student. The job interview I got after 37 applications was for a minimum wage food services clerk position.

Keep in mind this isn't the last Mafia update. But I won't be adding new features any time soon, if ever.
    Do you plan on promoting someone to take over development like Porycon or someone else?
    *reserved*

10. ISO #10

This is going to sound pathetic, but I rarely do anything other than play Mafia. It's half way sad that the only new game I have tried and liked in the past year have probably been Portal 2 and Mafia which is a game that didn't even cost me anything.

Icefrog got a job at Valve making Dota and I know it's not really the same thing, but if I were you I'd be checking into things like that. There has to be a software developer out there interested in turning this into a real game, app, or something...It sucks that no other game on SC2 even remotely matches this one in any capacity.

11. ISO #11
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

Gratz on the 666 get.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13
    Phantom

Well the game is broken or some shit now. Won't start after picking variant. Since you quit, does this mean the game is over with for NA players or what?

14. ISO #14
    AdmiralCain

So sorry to hear that you are quitting, DR! But real life comes first.

Me, I spend 8-10 hrs a day at my real life job (lawyer), and then I come home to play 2-3 hours of Mafia every night! Thanks for everything you've done so far to make this game.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Well, now you can see why I'm not cut out for my plans. I can't handle stress and I can't even fix the simplest of bugs.

I don't want to quit, I want to keep going. This decision will haunt me forever if I take it but I have no alternative.
    1st of all, if u wernt great at game making, Mafia wouldnt be 1 of the most popular games on battlenet. Also, most people wouldnt have the work-ethic 2 spend so much time working on a game for such an extended period of time. If ur still a colledge student, you've got ur whole life to try and get into the game industry. Its rediculous to say that if u dont have industry experience before ur in ur 20's, you will never get into the gameing industry. Creating Mafia was a huge achievement which alot of people will be exceptionally impressed with.

Also, I dont see spending 10 hours a day on Mafia and quiting r ur only 2 options. U could easily just say that u will only ever spend 1 hour a day fixing Mafia. It would take a long time 2 get anything done, and u wont be able to fix every bug, but that way Mafia wouldnt die, and u would be alot less preasured. U could join a hockey team ;D. CANADA FTW

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22
    jamesthefishy

Let me give you an example: My current situation. I said I'd quit, but literally the only thing I've been able to do today is try to fix Mafia, unsuccessfully. If I leave it as is, it is permanently broken. If I continue to work, I will collapse.
    why not revert to the last time the game wasn't broken? like v1.90 or so and/or/then pass it off to another map developer? who wouldn't want a great map like this to develop for?