And Then There Were None SFM
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

And Then There Were None SFM

Just because I've been away doesn't mean I can't think of game ideas. This one is based off of the great book of the same name by Agatha Christie. This is meant to be a "oh crap, is he dead? Or is he the guy right next to me?" type of game. I have made it possible for either side to win. I will try to keep any spoilers from cropping up in the RP. U.N. Owen's fake death ability is what makes or breaks this game.

Tell me what you think.

U. N. Owen (Serial Killer)
    Vigilante
    Detective
    Doctor
    Lookout
    Lookout
    Lookout
    Lookout
    Lookout
    Lookout

Each day every player has the choice to talk with one other player at night with the action of “-conspire PLAYER”

U. N. Owen
    May kill once per night (-1)
    Has a one-time use ability of “fake death” if he (or she) dies in the next day/night cycle the player will appear in the graveyard as a lookout. The player will still be able to use actions and will be for all purposes alive and in the game.

Detective
    May learn of his target's target once per night

Vigilante
    May shoot once per night (-1)
    Has two shots

Doctor
    May save one player from death each night (+1)

Lookout
    Learns the names of all who visit his target once per night

2. ISO #2

Re: And Then There Were None SFM

This seems cool. I can see how fake death isn't overpowered as the many lookout will be easily be able to find you which will confirm you as scum if they do. The serial killer has almost no chance of winning this though.

Will the serial killer have a passive vest?
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kromos View Post
    This seems cool. I can see how fake death isn't overpowered as the many lookout will be easily be able to find you which will confirm you as scum if they do. The serial killer has almost no chance of winning this though.

Will the serial killer have a passive vest?
    It will have to take a lot of luck to win this as U.N. Owen but if he chooses his kills and the right time to fake death then he can win.

No. He needs to figure out when he will die so he can fake his own death.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Throwing in a jester or two might help with the mass role claim
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

If a Doctor heals someone will they be informed?

If 'fake death' is used and U. N. Owen doesn't die in the next day/night cycle, is the one-time charge used up?

If the players hammer a lynch on a dead person that isn't U. N. Owen faking it, the day ends as normal right?
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Mon Petit Chou! Oh, how your disappearance frightened me! To have woken up in the midst of night to find you gone! /fmviii. Welcome back, Dust. Lol, in any case, I think one factor that may make the kill a wild card is to have the serial killer choose whether or not he's lookout detectable when he makes a kill. That way, you can't pin it on the one person that visited the dead person the previous night, but you aren't just solely undetectable so people can figure it out based on who didn't show up on lookout results.

15. ISO #15

If history is anything to go by, every single lookout will visit the same person night 1 at the same time as the serial killer.

Odd things happen in the games we play on these forums...
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

M-FM no longer counts for post count (which is why I lost ~500 posts *sniff*)

Which means I can post all I want here! I just have to avoid the other boards, bwahaha

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Glad yer back, Dusty boy

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Good to see you're still here. I hope this is approved, because I would definitely join.

If the serial killer had a passive vest, it would be really obvious who he was. His fake-death ability would be useless.

Possibly he could be given some kind of disguiser ability instead of/as well as his fake-death?

23. ISO #23

Approved

But highly irregular

24. ISO #24