S-FM 300: Black Flag Nightless [LADDER] GAME THREAD - Page 8
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

2. ISO #352

Re: S-FM 300: Black Flag Nightless [LADDER] GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Can I ask how you see his behavior in this game as being distinctly different from that game? In other words, what would you say are his town behaviors vs. scum behaviors?
    Town Banana has a more shitposty kind of format to his posts, whereas scum Banana is thought out with every step (if you compare S-FM Insanity to S-FM Third Line Butterfly before he was converted to Jester)

Early game scum Banana posted less than early game town Banana, except that's post count so irrelevant for multiple reasons. He also did not hammer people as hard on his scum game in Third Line Butterfly until his counter claim to Kira as Justice.

3. ISO #353

4. ISO #354

5. ISO #355

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Town Banana has a more shitposty kind of format to his posts, whereas scum Banana is thought out with every step (if you compare S-FM Insanity to S-FM Third Line Butterfly before he was converted to Jester)

Early game scum Banana posted less than early game town Banana, except that's post count so irrelevant for multiple reasons. He also did not hammer people as hard on his scum game in Third Line Butterfly until his counter claim to Kira as Justice.
    Your meta read of me sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

8. ISO #358

Prefacing by saying, yes I did confirm my rolecard. I believed the game started today. My bad folks.

Not really my style in either alignment to go step-by-step and quote random shit just for a hot-take so I'll keep it brief. Feel free to ask me questions about whatever you like. I've read from page 7 up to now because, well -- I'm sure it was D1 garbage.

Also, I'm flattered so much attention has gone to my slot. For scum to gravitate the entire fucking game around my meta and Tales Of Yore is really gratifying.

Anyway out of the gates:

Noz_Bugz
    theoneceko

Ganelon
    BananaCucho
    naz
    Renegade
    Varcron

SuperJack
    aamirus

The top two have been for the most part, town in tone. This is even despite Noz only having 12 posts. In a huge contrast, Ceko @72 posts has been asking the right questions so far and it hasn't felt forced.

The next five are in some realm of chaotic bullshittery where they say "lets get Frinckles! no let's not get em!" back and forth. Like, there is no way the five of you seriously thought I wouldn't be informed to re-join or at worst have my slot replaced. I'm just trying to figure out if Ganelon was trying to white knight for me or if Naz/Banana are using the momentum of my train to spin it into another town member (and then whatever the fuck Varcron is doing.) There's definitely scum in there.

The last two are goofy because they both seem to be directly pushing for muh info lynches but contributed zero elsewhere. I don't know how towntelling it is to sarcastically chant Thunderdome! and do nothing at the same time. I don't know why SuperJack needs to make snippy remarks between his standard meta analysis spiel. I have thusly placed them as Cultists.

Anyway. those are the hottakes I've gotten after reading half of this game over the past 30 minutes. Feel free to question.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

9. ISO #359

10. ISO #360

Okay. I don't think I've played a game with him as scum before myself. So basically you feel he was more cautious as scum
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

11. ISO #361

Reason for this? I know you said you were fine with a me lynch or ami lynch, i'm just curious as to how you chose ami over me.
    Three reasons dear Vracon.

Aamirus accuses my very simple defense of Gamelon as pocketing. I don't think definding someone saying that voting a truly afk player (unlike typical treko) is useless is worthy of this accusation.

Banana somehow strongly believes that Aamirus is town despite little information. I would like to explore this more.

I was told to jump on a train by at least two people.

12. ISO #362

13. ISO #363

so is that an answer to my question? I'm bussing varcron?
    Not sure yet. Half the reason I threw Vracon's name in my list was a joke since he has been complaining about being scumread d1, interesting to see your response to that though.

14. ISO #364

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Prefacing by saying, yes I did confirm my rolecard. I believed the game started today. My bad folks.

Not really my style in either alignment to go step-by-step and quote random shit just for a hot-take so I'll keep it brief. Feel free to ask me questions about whatever you like. I've read from page 7 up to now because, well -- I'm sure it was D1 garbage.

Also, I'm flattered so much attention has gone to my slot. For scum to gravitate the entire fucking game around my meta and Tales Of Yore is really gratifying.

Anyway out of the gates:

Noz_Bugz
    theoneceko

Ganelon
    BananaCucho
    naz
    Renegade
    Varcron

SuperJack
    aamirus

The top two have been for the most part, town in tone. This is even despite Noz only having 12 posts. In a huge contrast, Ceko @72 posts has been asking the right questions so far and it hasn't felt forced.

The next five are in some realm of chaotic bullshittery where they say "lets get Frinckles! no let's not get em!" back and forth. Like, there is no way the five of you seriously thought I wouldn't be informed to re-join or at worst have my slot replaced. I'm just trying to figure out if Ganelon was trying to white knight for me or if Naz/Banana are using the momentum of my train to spin it into another town member (and then whatever the fuck Varcron is doing.) There's definitely scum in there.

The last two are goofy because they both seem to be directly pushing for muh info lynches but contributed zero elsewhere. I don't know how towntelling it is to sarcastically chant Thunderdome! and do nothing at the same time. I don't know why SuperJack needs to make snippy remarks between his standard meta analysis spiel. I have thusly placed them as Cultists.

Anyway. those are the hottakes I've gotten after reading half of this game over the past 30 minutes. Feel free to question.
    CULTISTS? @naz did you heal superjack and I already? bad gurl

15. ISO #365

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Not sure yet. Half the reason I threw Vracon's name in my list was a joke since he has been complaining about being scumread d1, interesting to see your response to that though.
    Half the reason? Whats the other half? Is it a joke read or not?

16. ISO #366

Aamirus accuses my very simple defense of Gamelon as pocketing. I don't think definding someone saying that voting a truly afk player (unlike typical treko) is useless is worthy of this accusation.

Banana somehow strongly believes that Aamirus is town despite little information. I would like to explore this more.

I wouldn't say little information, she has the third highest post counts, so obviously he has some stuff to work with there. The aamirus vote laid by me was not a "train" as much as to get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus
    Okay. I don't think I've played a game with him as scum before myself. So basically you feel he was more cautious as scum
    Yeah, basically.

17. ISO #367

what's the other half of the reason? (for putting varcron's name there)

18. ISO #368

Anyway out of the gates:

Noz_Bugz
    theoneceko

Ganelon
    BananaCucho
    naz
    Renegade
    Varcron

SuperJack
    aamirus

Really disappointed with what you got out of my exchange with Galeon on the votes on you.

19. ISO #369

20. ISO #370

21. ISO #371

I wouldn't say little information, she has the third highest post counts, so obviously he has some stuff to work with there. The aamirus vote laid by me was not a "train" as much as to get a response.

Yeah, basically.
    So the vote wasnt pressure? But to get Ami to engage with you? Even though shes been engaging with everyone?

22. ISO #372

I was using them as an example since they were the first two townvscum games I remembered with you.
    Back on to the game instead of bickering over meta stuff.

Can Renegade justify his vote other than "someone told me to" or is that all you have?

23. ISO #373

24. ISO #374

I was using them as an example since they were the first two townvscum games I remembered with you.
    Yes and your meta of me is shit. There's one thing you can meta me as town (and I already fucked that up this game) and 1 thing you can meta me as scum. Other than that, I play the same.

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Yes and your meta of me is shit. There's one thing you can meta me as town (and I already fucked that up this game) and 1 thing you can meta me as scum. Other than that, I play the same.
    So you're trying to argue my read is wrong and I should read you as scum? What are you trying to accomplish other than argue for the sake of arguing.

27. ISO #377

however, you noticing the slips from banana, naz, frinckles, and myself makes me wonder... how can he be so good at identifying scum? Unless of course he has a list of scum members because he IS ONE
    …...
    the criminal has fled the scene
    -vote SuperJack
    I'm revisiting this. Aami later wrote this vote off as sarcasm, but these three posts look semi-serious to me. Of course, she wouldn't tunnel SJ because I doubt anyone else see him as scum. I see this as scum!aami sowing distrust in someone I assume is townread by all.

My dear I’m being sarcastic as well...
    Or am I? OwO?
    She's talking out of both sides of her mouth....

Fine then let’s begin

-vote Frinckles
    This vote was to get a reaction, which she got from Ganelon. However, she hasn't pushed SuperJack, Ganelon, OR Frinckles. Her playstyle so far has been placing a vote, then stepping back.

Imo ceko has been the most convincingly towny, can you pick another target and I’ll sheep you?
    First off I really like this post, so you get my town hat tip

I don't necessarily think that they made a scum trap, they could also be a scum team baiting people into believing it was a scum trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I agree
    So how would your proposed train on me be different from a train on anybody else? Trains are the only way anything is going to happen in this game. Otherwise everyone will just get apathetic and stop posting, and the scum will get an easy victory. I appreciate that you failed to quote my vote on naz where I even express that she doesn't seem like the best choice. However, the other votes were between ganelon and frinckles which I feel has been played out at this point, and I was also curious to see who ganelon would pick, and I even told him he couldn't pick ceko. He went for a boring choice by basically just choosing a counter-train (as I pointed out in my vote), but I was still interested to see where it would go and how people would react.

You're also making the same nonsensical claim that ganelon was earlier, in suggesting that a train right now would be an attempt to actually force through a lynch. You know that's not true so why say something like that? You really just want us all to do nothing until an hour before EOD?
    Based on this interaction, I think aami was trying to improve MY opinion of her by a) calling me her top townread b) sowing distrust in Varcron, who also townreads me. Note how aami provided zero thoughts on anyone else, including BC.

that feels like a pretty weak and insulting meta read, tbh. I thought the way they got "so angry" at each other so quickly seemed more bussy than legit
    Weak attack on Varcron. I thought he was joking when he made that comment.

28. ISO #378

29. ISO #379

What's disappointing about it?
    "Like, there is no way the five of you seriously thought I wouldn't be informed to re-join or at worst have my slot replaced. I'm just trying to figure out if Ganelon was trying to white knight for me or if Naz/Banana are using the momentum of my train to spin it into another town member (and then whatever the fuck Varcron is doing.)"

1) I never once implied at all anywhere that my vote was on you for anything related to activity. Or stayed on you for activity. Grouping me into a "you 5 null slot" for that reason is insulting.

2) there was no "momentum" at all on you ever. I troll voted you. Nose troll voted you. Nothing else happened for a bit, eventually Ami voted you and then that was it. I stayed because I wanted to see how people reacted (you can see my interactions with Galeon over it). In the beginning I joked about chinese fire drilling or hammering you, but after Ami voted and through the interactions with Galeon I didnt push for more people to hop on your train or "pressure" an afk slot.

I guess mostly I'm just disappointed that through all that you've just grouped us all into "null" and thats it even though Ami voting you is essentially where the game "began"

30. ISO #380

So you're trying to argue my read is wrong and I should read you as scum? What are you trying to accomplish other than argue for the sake of arguing.
    I am pointing out a bad read. Bad reads can be made up or forced. Trying to figure that out with you.

31. ISO #381

32. ISO #382

Back on to the game instead of bickering over meta stuff.

Can Renegade justify his vote other than "someone told me to" or is that all you have?
    I gave you my reasoning. It is a day 1 vote, didn't know I was prosecuting the OJ case. I've seen others with much weaker cases voting already.

33. ISO #383

34. ISO #384

35. ISO #385

Anyway out of the gates:

Noz_Bugz
    theoneceko

Ganelon
    BananaCucho
    naz
    Renegade
    Varcron

SuperJack
    aamirus

I agree (I don't know how helpful it is for me to say this lol)

noU!!!uWu

36. ISO #386

But you just proved my point, by suggesting that voting a truly afk person is silly. We all know that's true. That was part of the whole point. Yet several things came out of it now:
    1) Ganelon got overly defensive of frinckles. Frinckles was never in any real danger so it was odd to react this way. It did seem a bit white-knighty at first. However, I see this kind of behavior from ganelon and MM a lot so I don't think it ended up being very alignment indicative for ganelon.
    2) The topic stayed glued on whether or not to lynch an afk person for way longer than it should have. I was trying to move to something else by asking ganelon to give his own train target, but oddly ganelon and banana both seemed to want to keep the topic of discussion on frinckles. Either or both of them could be scum that saw an opportunity to thunderdome and prevent the town from pursuing anybody else. It's also notable that neither was actually trying to push votes on the other. The votes were on frinckles and naz.
    3) You popped in and state that ganelon is essentially the only rational person here for defending frinckles, since frinckles was afk. We all know turboing frinckles before he even posts once would be stupid. That was literally 90% of the back and forth between ganelon and banana. The only point of making that post I can see is to get ganelon to like you, and/or make it seem like you were contributing an opinion when it was really a useless thing to say from a town POV.

37. ISO #387

I forgot about that. Her attack on you was so weak that no one followed up on it LOL

38. ISO #388

39. ISO #389

40. ISO #390

"Like, there is no way the five of you seriously thought I wouldn't be informed to re-join or at worst have my slot replaced. I'm just trying to figure out if Ganelon was trying to white knight for me or if Naz/Banana are using the momentum of my train to spin it into another town member (and then whatever the fuck Varcron is doing.)"

1) I never once implied at all anywhere that my vote was on you for anything related to activity. Or stayed on you for activity. Grouping me into a "you 5 null slot" for that reason is insulting.

2) there was no "momentum" at all on you ever. I troll voted you. Nose troll voted you. Nothing else happened for a bit, eventually Ami voted you and then that was it. I stayed because I wanted to see how people reacted (you can see my interactions with Galeon over it). In the beginning I joked about chinese fire drilling or hammering you, but after Ami voted and through the interactions with Galeon I didnt push for more people to hop on your train or "pressure" an afk slot.

I guess mostly I'm just disappointed that through all that you've just grouped us all into "null" and thats it even though Ami voting you is essentially where the game "began"
    Yeah, but Banana knows Pringles will come back and claim his role or my replacement would. I got Citizen. Hooray!

In the same vein, I know there was no real pressure on me. I checked the vote tallies before I began catching up and rolled my eyes at what bullshit I was about to sort through. I know how scum think. CFD over to some other slot after I start towntelling. It's a surefire way to try to pocket me and force a mis-lynch at the same time.

My point is, there are 3 scum in this game. Why is a cluster of 5 from a 30 minute read disappointing to you? You're the town scumleader right? Those are the fastest worthwhile takes I could fashion so do your part while I do mine. In my opinion the scummiest person in this game is intentionally at the bottom of my reads list.

-vote Aamirus

41. ISO #391

42. ISO #392

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I'm revisiting this. Aami later wrote this vote off as sarcasm, but these three posts look semi-serious to me. Of course, she wouldn't tunnel SJ because I doubt anyone else see him as scum. I see this as scum!aami sowing distrust in someone I assume is townread by all.

She's talking out of both sides of her mouth....

This vote was to get a reaction, which she got from Ganelon. However, she hasn't pushed SuperJack, Ganelon, OR Frinckles. Her playstyle so far has been placing a vote, then stepping back.

Based on this interaction, I think aami was trying to improve MY opinion of her by a) calling me her top townread b) sowing distrust in Varcron, who also townreads me. Note how aami provided zero thoughts on anyone else, including BC.

Weak attack on Varcron. I thought he was joking when he made that comment.
    your first 5 quotes are all obvious shitposts from the start of the game. the 6th quote "Fine then let's begin" is literally saying ok let's start actually playing.

Frinckles and superjack have both been awol since then.

I got what I wanted out of ganelon, and honestly, way more than I wanted.

I only placed 1 more vote, on naz, out of a desire to move the discussion on from ganelon and banana just going in circles, so the notion of dropping a vote and running away as a playstyle is faulty. Ganelon and banana were the only other ones on when I was trying to move to a different topic and neither seemed willing to cooperate, then I went to bed.

I don't need to improve your opinion of me because you already expressed a deep love for me

You can think he was joking, but he already replied in quite a lot of detail showing that he was not...

43. ISO #393

I gave you my reasoning. It is a day 1 vote, didn't know I was prosecuting the OJ case. I've seen others with much weaker cases voting already.
    Are you saying that people who have weak cases against them are voting? Not sure what this sentence means.

44. ISO #394

Yeah, but Banana knows Pringles will come back and claim his role or my replacement would. I got Citizen. Hooray!

In the same vein, I know there was no real pressure on me. I checked the vote tallies before I began catching up and rolled my eyes at what bullshit I was about to sort through. I know how scum think. CFD over to some other slot after I start towntelling. It's a surefire way to try to pocket me and force a mis-lynch at the same time.

My point is, there are 3 scum in this game. Why is a cluster of 5 from a 30 minute read disappointing to you? You're the town scumleader right? Those are the fastest worthwhile takes I could fashion so do your part while I do mine. In my opinion the scummiest person in this game is intentionally at the bottom of my reads list.

-vote Aamirus
    Not sure what CFD means, but this isnt even whats happening this game. Ami jumped off of you a long time ago, before you came back. You were only L-4 when you finally checked in lol. You rolled your eyes at 2 votes?

45. ISO #395

ceko's typing style makes me wanna die but is likely town so I can put up with it
    Frinckles feels weird so I'd like to see more from them before i say one way or another on their alignment
    Aamirus is >rand scum to me. Something isn't right there, need to zero in on it.
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

46. ISO #396

47. ISO #397

btw @Frinckles
    If you'd like to know why I would post "shit's getting real; Thunderdome!", it's to encourage exactly the OPPOSITE. Because somebody about to thunderdome reading that should realize what's happening and catch themselves

48. ISO #398

49. ISO #399

Not sure what CFD means, but this isnt even whats happening this game. Ami jumped off of you a long time ago, before you came back. You were only L-4 when you finally checked in lol. You rolled your eyes at 2 votes?
    Yes.

50. ISO #400