So a good bit of what I have talked with people about recently here has been centered around concepts of sociological perception. We talk about things that give us the ability to make informed decisions and how theres conflicts of interest in the decimation of information within our society. Right now I have a moral conflict with this balance.

My closest friend works for an apartment complex running the contractors/maintenance stuff. He took a vacation and prior to doing so asked me to hold it down while he did so his wife could see her grandmother who was in poor health. I agreed and became good friends with the local staff while filling in for him although it was a corporate facility.

Then this month a girl got murdered in her home at that complex. That doesn't bother me much. Bad things happen all the time. I recognized this when there was a guy driving on 35 pumping 223 rounds into cars from an assault rifle until cops killed him and it never hit the news. My response was to just follow the police blotter to know whats going on that I am not told about.

But then then this girl got killed. I know it happened. She was stabbed to death in her home. She was here working on a Visa program and was in a fucked off love triangle separating from the guy she was living with to be with an illegal immigrant who ended up killing her then fleeing to Mexico while her body was found by the guy she had left.

My issue is how the fuck does that get swept under the carpet? Like.. I get it when some drunk person or some theft or whatever is not worth reporting but straight up murder? And I wonder if that does not even hit the police blotter or the news do I have any ability to be informed about whats going on around me at this point?

Someone asked me in an earlier thread how to combat controlled perspective which I have been chewing on sense then but when I consider this issue is it even possible? There was a separate incident earlier this month where I got home late at night and herd 2 rapid shots from up the road. That also never hit any police blotter although I have herd from my neighbors that 2 of them also called 911. This kind of thing erodes my faith in society. I already lost faith in our legal system (which is another story) but here I am loosing faith in perception.. As 'advanced' as we are as a society do we really have to just resort to the rumor mill of the people around us to know when there is a murderer loose in our neighborhood?

And if this was not reported what else doesn't get reported? Was it the fact she was not a citizen that mattered? Or maybe that he was an illegal? I am back to questioning my perception of safety. More than that I question avocation. The largest fights I have made were around vets treatment and due diligence which I had to dedicate years to and very tiny changes were made while nobody was held accountable. If I try to start a fight over this is it even worth it when its more likely to hurt my friend and those who worked at the apartment complex (and were instructed not to talk about it) than it is to cause any change?