The Fake Yodaddy. - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The Fake Yodaddy.

I certainly don’t agree with the idea that the n-word carries ‘the full weight of slavery’ behind it. Is yodaddy trying to enslave someone by naming himself ‘Nigger Ape’? I don’t personally know him but my guess is that he isn’t. I realize that you didn’t say this but some people do use that as an argument lol. I’d be more tempted to argue that it’s about as offensive as any other racial epithet, and it’s offensive because, generally, when people use racial epithets in an offensive way, it implies that (their) group identity is superior. And I argue that, yes, that is offensive, but as far as I can tell that’s not what was happening here.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

More pressingly, it implies that slavery should somehow be seen as a personal tragedy that every black person feels absolutely terrible about. Yeah, like anyone who was affected by slavery is even alive today lol.
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    More pressingly, it implies that slavery should somehow be seen as a personal tragedy that every black person feels absolutely terrible about. Yeah, like anyone who was affected by slavery is even alive today lol.
    You're displaying ignorance. The effects of slavery and of pre-civil rights era are absolutely still being felt today.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

Yeah, like anyone who was affected by slavery is even alive today lol.
    https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...63/figure1.pdf

Ask yourself this: how much money did slaves have after emancipation? How much education? What kinds of areas did they have to live in? Is it easy for a dirt poor person to move up to the middle class?

Over a couple hundred years, on average, which descendent is likely to make more money: one of a wealthy privileged family or one of a couple former slaves?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post

Ask yourself this: how much money did slaves have after emancipation? How much education? What kinds of areas did they have to live in? Is it easy for a dirt poor person to move up to the middle class?

Over a couple hundred years, on average, which descendent is likely to make more money: one of a wealthy privileged family or one of a couple former slaves?
    Yup and it takes an average of 3-5 generations for a family's poverty to dissipate. It's like "hey you have rights now, good luck getting yourself out of the fucking hole we dug for you and pushed you into, also fuck your kids who will still be in that hole, they should just get over it cause lul they weren't slaves"

How much money you’re able to make isn’t strictly about whether you’re in poverty or not. But I’ll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post

Most people were dirt-poor anyways, not exactly what you’d call privileged.

How much money you’re able to make isn’t strictly about whether you’re in poverty or not. But I’ll leave it at that.
    Nobody is claiming that its "strictly" about that, but its an ridiculous to imply that everyone is given a fair shot. Sure, anyone can make it, but those born into a place of privilege have a hell of a lot easier time making it than those born into poverty.