S-FM 296 Simple Arsonist II - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 296 Simple Arsonist II

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    It should always be an urgency to catch the Arsonist. Regardless of how many douses they are in. lol
    It is, my point is that it will be alot more urgent with more doused targets. Arsonist currently does not want people to be proven, so he won't give us people to prove.

2. ISO #202

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I could understand why, it would make town more urgent assuming that arso had doused two people, going on three.

Basically what I'm saying is that as a whole we would be much more urgent to catch arso two or three dousees than with just one.
    So igniting scares the town into mislynching is your point? I'm not sure I agree. He just gave us another night to find out who he doused next and another check in a higher probability pool.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    So igniting scares the town into mislynching is your point? I'm not sure I agree. He just gave us another night to find out who he doused next and another check in a higher probability pool.
    It could go either way, you're right tbh. I do really wish that we had more than just us talking right now though, bunch of lurkers in the back.

5. ISO #205

6. ISO #206

It could go either way, you're right tbh. I do really wish that we had more than just us talking right now though, bunch of lurkers in the back.
    That's my issue as well. It gives the arsonist a perfect way to chill and not give a fuck.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

7. ISO #207

8. ISO #208

This is the only real thing I'm uncomfortable with about Varcron. This entrance implies that Arsonist ignites n1.
    There are still 3 other people.
    The Marshall who has been mostly AFK
    Mr. Bomber who voted you with no explanation to support his vote and then left.
    As well as Caustic who voted me with no explanation and then left.

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

Arsonist ignited early on the guy who wasn't a townread of mine? Nice.

I thought I'd have a lot of reading to do, guess not so much. Going to catch up fully, but first, I'll say that Toad - Varcron is giving me TvS vibes, and that I tend to trust Varcron more. Will explain later.

Also, I had been sleeping, eating, living, you know, that kind of stuff. "The Marshall who has been mostly AFK" is a joke, given the level of activity I had on D1.
    (note that this does not affect my read on Toad in any way, it's an independent comment)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

18. ISO #218

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I've got vibes.

-vote Frinckles
    This is just plain wrong. We need discussion, and saying "I got vibes" without anything else and then going away is anti-town, not towny, and fits Stealthbomber's scum meta. I did have a townread on Stealth before, though, and I still think Varcron - Toad is TvS so I won't vote Stealth for now, but he might be another option.

As of now, the one I towncore forever is Frinckles, for general town-like behavior, for encouraging discussion, but most importantly, for the seemingly pointless interaction with Kovath at EoD. They were in good terms, there's no reason for Frinckles to burn right away. As he said himself, he's weird, but not that much
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

19. ISO #219

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    This is just plain wrong. We need discussion, and saying "I got vibes" without anything else and then going away is anti-town, not towny, and fits Stealthbomber's scum meta. I did have a townread on Stealth before, though, and I still think Varcron - Toad is TvS so I won't vote Stealth for now, but he might be another option.

As of now, the one I towncore forever is Frinckles, for general town-like behavior, for encouraging discussion, but most importantly, for the seemingly pointless interaction with Kovath at EoD. They were in good terms, there's no reason for Frinckles to burn right away. As he said himself, he's weird, but not that much
    P.S.: Someone like Yayap or Slaol would scream at me saying that I'm thinking only on a surface WIFOM level regarding Frinckles' interaction with Kovath. I would reply that Frinckles doesn't go that deep into weird WIFOM that mostly makes scum lose when they apply it (such levels of WIFOM go into fancy play syndrome IMO).

20. ISO #220

Arsonist ignited early on the guy who wasn't a townread of mine? Nice.

I thought I'd have a lot of reading to do, guess not so much. Going to catch up fully, but first, I'll say that Toad - Varcron is giving me TvS vibes, and that I tend to trust Varcron more. Will explain later.
    Well, that's wrong at least for me being the scum and him being the town. Potentially him being the scum, but I don't read him like that.
    So, carry on.

Also, I had been sleeping, eating, living, you know, that kind of stuff. "The Marshall who has been mostly AFK" is a joke, given the level of activity I had on D1.
    (note that this does not affect my read on Toad in any way, it's an independent comment)
    It is fair to say you've been mostly AFK as you've posted the least in this thread. Or at least it said that before you made your last post.

21. ISO #221

That was literally my proposed plan. That you opposed. :/
    And I am still opposed to it. Again, if by chance the Douse Checker cleared Kovath, that means to them they're able to clear two people (themselves and Kovath). 'Breadcrumbing' as the Marshall put it is the better way to go here I think
    This is contradicting with the post Frinckles quoted. Why do you oppose it while you advocate for it? Am I misunderstanding something?

"Breadcrumbing" isn't my creation, btw : it's a standard Mafia term used on many other sites.

22. ISO #222

This is contradicting with the post Frinckles quoted. Why do you oppose it while you advocate for it? Am I misunderstanding something?
    Yesterday I was pro lynching. For this reason - If we didn't lynch and we mislynched today (and the arsonist doused last night instead of igniting) then tomorrow we would potentially begin with -3 town. The Arsonist had the first move, and to me, it would have been easier if we got rid of loose ends anyways. Loose ends are a liability.

Today I said -
    Well, I'm not too sure I have the answer to that.
    The only thing I can think of is that if the Douse Checker had checked him, it would have cleared him and immediately put him in confirmed town along with the douse checker and that allows the town pool to be narrowed.
    Where Frinckles said ^ that was his plan and I opposed it. And I said to him, I still oppose it

23. ISO #223

Well, that's wrong at least for me being the scum and him being the town. Potentially him being the scum, but I don't read him like that.
    So, carry on.

It is fair to say you've been mostly AFK as you've posted the least in this thread. Or at least it said that before you made your last post.
    Erm, sure, you can say "You're wrong!", but it won't make it become more true, it's just pointless, so I'll disregard this.

No, not really, it's not fair. I haven't posted a ton of one-liners, and my posts all had strong meaning, I didn't engage in shitposting, etc. Content =/= post count. An AFK player is a player that you cannot really read based on his thoughts because he hasn't expressed enough of them. If you think you can say that about me, I'll be confused. Anyway, back to explaining why my read on you decayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

I had you (Toad) as a townread yesterday because you were encouraging discussion, were active, and that our theory thoughts were lining up. That's what I'd expect from a townie's D1, while it's also what I would expect from a good scum's D1. You seem to be quite experienced with Mafia, and you have the style good scum players have. Yes, that's mostly a feeling from my experience of Mafia, but it's still valid, and I'm sure a lot of people here have the same feeling.
    So now that D1 is done, I'm looking at how you continue your game to see if there's a townie progression. What I see is that you're completely backpedaling on your theory point (the douse checker claiming or not), and that you're even contradicting yourself by saying that you hold the same view you did on D1.
    To this adds that I lean towards Varcron being town, and that your interaction feels TvS.

For all of this, I believe you are scum, and am debating putting you to L-1.

24. ISO #224

ALERT.

This is going to become a 1v1 fight between Toad and myself. Townies, do not let this happen. This is our chance to spark meaningful discussion, participate while we have time to do so.

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

completely backpedaling on your theory point (the douse checker claiming or not), and that you're even contradicting yourself by saying that you hold the same view you did on D1.
    backpedaling where? I have, do, still, believe the Douse Checker should not out themselves.

27. ISO #227

Yesterday I was pro lynching. For this reason - If we didn't lynch and we mislynched today (and the arsonist doused last night instead of igniting) then tomorrow we would potentially begin with -3 town. The Arsonist had the first move, and to me, it would have been easier if we got rid of loose ends anyways. Loose ends are a liability.

Today I said -

Where Frinckles said ^ that was his plan and I opposed it. And I said to him, I still oppose it
    How does you being pro-lynch yesterday relate to you saying :
    The only thing I can think of is that if the Douse Checker had checked him, it would have cleared him and immediately put him in confirmed town along with the douse checker and that allows the town pool to be narrowed.
    ?

28. ISO #228

backpedaling where? I have, do, still, believe the Douse Checker should not out themselves.
    Ahem...

29. ISO #229

How does you being pro-lynch yesterday relate to you saying :

?
    BECAUSE I said lynching Day 1 would narrow the pool, where Frinckles thinks it's just better for the Douse Checker to out themselves and who they checked to narrow down the pool.

When I said "The only thing I can think of is that if the Douse Checker had checked him, it would have cleared him and immediately put him in confirmed town along with the douse checker and that allows the town pool to be narrowed."

I was speaking from the POV of the douse checker. If the douse checker had checked Kovath and saw that he was doused, for him, knowing they are the Douse Checker and Kovath was doused, that narrows down the pool.

It's an opinion, it's what I believe to be the reason for the Arsonist igniting. That is not backpedaling. I still believe the Douse Checker should not out themselves.

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

BECAUSE I said lynching Day 1 would narrow the pool, where Frinckles thinks it's just better for the Douse Checker to out themselves and who they checked to narrow down the pool.

When I said "The only thing I can think of is that if the Douse Checker had checked him, it would have cleared him and immediately put him in confirmed town along with the douse checker and that allows the town pool to be narrowed."

I was speaking from the POV of the douse checker. If the douse checker had checked Kovath and saw that he was doused, for him, knowing they are the Douse Checker and Kovath was doused, that narrows down the pool.

It's an opinion, it's what I believe to be the reason for the Arsonist igniting. That is not backpedaling. I still believe the Douse Checker should not out themselves.
    The perspective of the douse checker was not specified at all, and saying that "it would have cleared him [Kovath] immediatly" is strongly implying that it would have made EVERYONE clear him as town, since that's what people mean when they say an event in the game would have cleared X person. @Frinckles @Stealthbomber16 @Varcron correct me if I'm wrong, support me if I'm right.
    Be careful, if you think too hard, your brain may explode.
    Rude. Scumreading people and being scumread is part of the game

32. ISO #232

The perspective of the douse checker was not specified at all, and saying that "it would have cleared him [Kovath] immediatly" is strongly implying that it would have made EVERYONE clear him as town, since that's what people mean when they say an event in the game would have cleared X person. @Frinckles @Stealthbomber16 @Varcron correct me if I'm wrong, support me if I'm right.
    Sigh, just put me at L-1. It's pointless arguing with imbeciles. Clearly the rest of the town doesn't deserve to win. Half of you are useless or stupid.

33. ISO #233

Be careful, if you think too hard, your brain may explode.
    Also, have you read my thread about gaslighting?

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

Sigh, just put me at L-1. It's pointless arguing with imbeciles. Clearly the rest of the town doesn't deserve to win. Half of you are useless or stupid.
    gaslighting intensifies

I will let others give their opinion before putting you at L-1 to avoid quick hammers, we need to use the time we have. Also, insulting everyone isn't fun, remember that this is a game we're playing for fun (and to win, which is what I'm trying to do by attacking my scumread).

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

40. ISO #240

Believe me, if I wasn't the only one generating content or productivity, you wouldn't be saying half this shit.
    I have, it's stupid. Like a good 99.9% of the stuff you do, to be honest
    Shut up.
    Lynch me, y'all don't deserve me.
    I'll just comment on Varcron's case and let others comment on my own.

I wasn't even using this, but okay.

You're right, you weren't desperate, but you *pushed* for it, you wanted one anyways to push your own agenda. On your next point, I was comparing you and Frinkles to see which one fell out of line, and in this current position it seems to be you and not him.

This entire line is irrelevant other than to gaslight.
    The first two lines are flawed on both sides, tbh. Wanting a lynch isn't scum indicative by itself, btw.
    The last line is interesting, because it looks like I'm not the only one noticing easy gaslighting...

By the way, the reason I'm nearly laughing at every single of those gaslighting posts is that I've played a game off-site (it just ended) where a scum I had correctly pinned down had gaslighted me hardcore. Sad I had to replace out because I lacked time, but I have a veryyy similar feeling here. He even was prouder than you are lol.

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

I dont see an issue with Varcrons logic overall. You did perfectly lay out the goals that my plan sought to achieve as a reaction to me asking a question. It's only particularly weird because you gave a much more direct response to it as opposed to yesterday when it was brought up.

Still, I dont understand why you would ignite a doused target that you voted for. As Arsonist I'd assume youd aim a mislynch outside of your douse.
    That would be the logical thing for someone who has been mentioned to be calculated
    Are you self admitting to planning something or being framed here? I'm not sure I understand that.
    I'm implying that I am someone who likes to use logic. If I was the Arsonist I would try to win, not try and have Kovath dead because apparently I have a hard-on for him. Which is what Varcron's theory mostly suggests.
    I don't see any correlation between you and Kovath from Varcrons POV outside of your vote on him. I think what he's getting at is the rhetoric you used in that quote seems like an openly wolf thing to say, which it could be.
    I don't think I need to explain how much Frinckles is 100 % right in this argument. I say 100 % right because he's not saying that Toad is 100 % scum, but that it is quite likely that what he was doing is open-wolfing. The rest is self-explainatory.

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

You're celebrating too early. Will you be eating chicken wings when you're confirmed town moron?
    I'm not saying I'm necessarily right, but I'm quite probably right. If not, you can't say you did nothing to convince me I wasn't right lol. Also, if you get lynched, notice that the votes on you will not be "Toad (L-0) : Marshmallow Marshall, Marshmallow Marshall, Marshmallow Marshall, Marshallow Marshall". It'll be 4 different people, all agreeing that you're scummy.

Do you actually have any defense though? By defense, I mean logical arguments, not exclusively pathos all over the place and gaslighting.

45. ISO #245

Saying I am open-wolfing implies I am the Arsonist, which I am not. SOOO, next.
    If you're asked "why are you not scum", you cannot reply "because I am town" and expect to actually be townread for it, sorry.

I'll leave the thread rest for now because it's useless to spam it, it'll just become an information overload and people won't be able to reply to everything, so I'll wait for more contributions.

And tbh,
    -vote Toad

IF YOU HAMMER EARLY FOR NO REASON AND THAT HE FLIPS TOWN, YOU'RE SCUM. PERIOD. LET EVERYONE SPEAK UP. I'm just making sure my vote is placed.

46. ISO #246

I'm not saying I'm necessarily right, but I'm quite probably right. If not, you can't say you did nothing to convince me I wasn't right lol. Also, if you get lynched, notice that the votes on you will not be "Toad (L-0) : Marshmallow Marshall, Marshmallow Marshall, Marshmallow Marshall, Marshallow Marshall". It'll be 4 different people, all agreeing that you're scummy.

Do you actually have any defense though? By defense, I mean logical arguments, not exclusively pathos all over the place and gaslighting.
    Every single point brought up has either been misinterpreted, weak and or dumb. So yes.

& You're right, they won't say all Marshmallow Marshall, there's Varcron who's theory is that I killed Kovath cause I had a hard-on for him and I had to prove a point, and Caustic who has done nothing what so ever to further along the game, promote productivity or conversation. So at the looks of it, it's a lost cause given 3 three people to point fingers at me hardcore are grasping at stupid shit.

but I'm quite probably right.
    No, you're quite probably stupid. And if you can't understand why I keep calling you stupid, you are absolutely stupid, stupid.

47. ISO #247

Well, in case I'm lynched

Marshmallow is a massive liability due to stupidness and/or is scum. Don't leave him for LYLO

Varcron is probably okay given he seems to have thought really hard and when you get tunnel vision you tend to find scum in anything and everything.

Stealth is okay, but hasn't done anything. Still okay, but needs to be looked at afterwards.

Caustic has done absolutely nothing to promote activity whatsoever, never gave any substantial read, or opinion.
    Frinckles is meh, but has at least helped generate conversation with out a tunnel vision mindset.

48. ISO #248

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250