Photogenicism vs sadness
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Photogenicism vs sadness

Candle In The Wind such a beautiful song
    Made me watch
    The Marilyn Monroe Story (Rare 1963 Documentary)
    A tragedy was the life of that one
    Childhood of rejection and false idea that stars are loved
    A wish to be loved caused to be photogenic

She smiled and looked happy to get surrounded and cheered upon. She found her love.
    Never turning off her smile she could
    And in the end she suicided

How often is there correlation between photogenicism and hurt/sadness/depression?
    When you see a smile as the brightest star, how do you know if it's real or not?

The irony though. Her smile gave others that what she wanted it to give her.
    A bright star was that one. But not very bright in the head in the interviews she sounded. Deceptive she sounded because of fear to be rejected. But nobody could have known that, so she just sounded as not bright.

2. ISO #2

Re: Photogenicism vs sadness

As a simple answer, you get to know the person instead of looking at what he/she shows. If someone has a crappy life quality and always keeps the smile up, there's something strange (or he/she believes really strongly in something related to it and is actually happy with it).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    As a simple answer, you get to know the person instead of looking at what he/she shows. If someone has a crappy life quality and always keeps the smile up, there's something strange (or he/she believes really strongly in something related to it and is actually happy with it).
    Interesting, very interesting this answer is.
    So distanced yet passionate.
    Interest yet disinterest. Performative. Hiding.
    Are you a candle in the wind, my friend?

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Interesting, very interesting this answer is.
    So distanced yet passionate.
    Interest yet disinterest. Performative. Hiding.
    Are you a candle in the wind, my friend?
    Is it bad that I don't understand the meaning of this post?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

I use contractions the similar way when I play FM. One of my favorite quotes is from Anne Rice;
    The huge black hulk of a carriage brushed the vines
    And then the light grew weak
    The street went from yellow to silver
    And vanished altogether
    As if the dark trees had swallowed it up
    Or rather, as if it had all been subtracted from the dark
    It's not the same in uncertainty as far as Ozys but it has a deceptively simple way of a approaching a normal situation.

If your normal situations include vampires.

7. ISO #7

I think its just in our nature.

If you are beautiful you take for granted the benefits it provides you and focus on how others will only see your beauty
    If you are ugly you focus on how that limits you and ignore how the people who are in your life value you on a non-superficial level

You can say the same for wealth or intelligence or holding positions of power. Most of the people I know who have real money are constantly focus on how everyone in their lives wants to use them for their money or how they can't trust people they meet because they assume they want to use them for their money. Most of the really smart people I know are plagued by cynicism and a negative view of society that cripples their ability to let their guard down and live in the moment.

The grass is always greener on the other side which I believe is part of human nature. This drives people who want more but for those who 'have' it robs them of their happiness.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I think its just in our nature.

If you are beautiful you take for granted the benefits it provides you and focus on how others will only see your beauty
    If you are ugly you focus on how that limits you and ignore how the people who are in your life value you on a non-superficial level

You can say the same for wealth or intelligence or holding positions of power. Most of the people I know who have real money are constantly focus on how everyone in their lives wants to use them for their money or how they can't trust people they meet because they assume they want to use them for their money. Most of the really smart people I know are plagued by cynicism and a negative view of society that cripples their ability to let their guard down and live in the moment.

The grass is always greener on the other side which I believe is part of human nature. This drives people who want more but for those who 'have' it robs them of their happiness.
    Everyone's a candle in wind

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Literary devices that are contradictory, usually to induce a feeling of well - whatever you feel I suppose.
    I guess it doesn't mean so much by itself, then. The idea of contrasts is usually to make something come out of it as reinforced, but anyway.
    We should all try not to be "candles in the wind", and part of it is what Helz said. Being happy with what you have while looking for better and realizing that whatever you have, you still have something (at least in most modern societies for most people)... I try. But yes, everyone is a candle in the wind; we're humans after all. And that should make you , not .

I'm curious, what led you to make this thread, what's the intent behind it? It looks like verseless poetry.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I guess it doesn't mean so much by itself, then. The idea of contrasts is usually to make something come out of it as reinforced, but anyway.
    We should all try not to be "candles in the wind", and part of it is what Helz said. Being happy with what you have while looking for better and realizing that whatever you have, you still have something (at least in most modern societies for most people)... I try. But yes, everyone is a candle in the wind; we're humans after all. And that should make you , not .

I'm curious, what led you to make this thread, what's the intent behind it? It looks like verseless poetry.
    Not poetry.
    But look at Marilyn. Eyes deceive. Impossible to tell the sadness it is. Clouded our vision, the darkness has, nothing but brightness we see.

11. ISO #11

It's possible that she wasn't sad (or forgot that she was) when she was performing, though.