I count for odd and even. Every single sentence I read, every single subtitle in a translation or every line in a book, I count for odd and even. I count the number of words to determine whether the line had an odd or even number of words, I count the number of letters to determine whether there is an odd or even number of letters.

I count including punctuation, I count excluding punctutation. I count including spaces, I count excluding spaces. Sometimes I count hyphenated words as one, sometimes I do not. Sometimes I do several at once and compare them. Sometimes I do several then count whether I got an odd number of odd/evens or an even number of odd/evens.

I don't know when I started doing this, but I do it. And it's fucking insufferable. Sometimes if I'm watching an anime I friggin pause the video so I can finish all the computations on the subtitles. Sometimes when I'm trying to figure out whether someone is a scumread I get totally sidetracked by how many perfect even sentences they happened to consecutively write. If you want to tilt me as scum do 5 odd sentences in a row and I'll be too enraged to think straight.

It's not always that bad tho. It feels good when you get a long chain of even results for example.

I also multiply the numbers on car license plates and telephone numbers and obsess over whether, during train journeys, there is a continual path of buildings, fences, trees exc. that connect the left side of the window to the right side of the window from my perspective. And, if such a path connection exists, if there are multiple distinct path connections and how long they maintain for.

If one of you fucks find this remotely relatable I will be vindicated. Any trolls will be reported for cyberbullying.