Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like the Cultist?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 66.67%
  • Not really

4 16.67%
  • No

4 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Do you like the Cultist?

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Renegade wants it separated from neutrals so he can repick or quit. I am confident a lot of other people will too. If we do this without actually fixing cult, do one better. Just delete it.
    Fake news, I don't quit unless it's a troll save.

But I agree, much simpler to remove cult!

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    i'm a huge fan of this.
    A possible problem is that this can be a very swingy approach and in many ways, similar to the Cult.

I'd need to at the very least remove the cult every night option + enforce at least one night between. Similar restrictions to max Mason size.

Though I think it can be done.

----

Just fishing for ideas, I'll need to see how Cult Leader mechanic works out.
    Last edited by Frinckles; February 6th, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I could just make a check when you're selecting your save.

If the roles dont include atleast one Mason but has a higher than zero weight for cult it wont work ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    but some people would still want to play random cult chance games, I think the main issue is people not knowing if there is a random cult chance or not so they don't know to -repick if they don't want it.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

This setup contains Cult!
    That made me think, is there any way to show more of the save during the setup screen without significantly reducing performance? It would be nice to be able to see the rules laid out the same way they are laid out when the game starts
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    That made me think, is there any way to show more of the save during the setup screen without significantly reducing performance? It would be nice to be able to see the rules laid out the same way they are laid out when the game starts
    Draw me a picture of what you want and I can tell you. c:

Draw me a picture of what you want and I can tell you. c:
    probably means this shit: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...106#post845106

ON TOPIC:

I would say that until we figure out how to completely revamp cult, let's just remove it for the time being.... but considering the game never gets updated for years I would rather not unless we HAVE to remove cult to free up space. You know... just in case.
    Last edited by Grakylan; February 8th, 2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: cut out the off-topic stuff
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

And here Apo thought Cultist being a Random Neutral was one of the best parts.

Only maybe if there is an option to allow it to still pop up 'Randomly', will Apo ever feel a break off of neutrals would be acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

What if you made the max cult size 2, but gave them a factional kill and let converts keep powers? (outside of a few mega op cases)

Having big cults results in lots of people having their wincon deconstructed. By increasing exclusivity, people will be incentivized to pursue their normal wincon outside of a few isolated cases.

You could have a cult leader whose kills look like an SK's, except he has a one time power to flip someone to his side (in lieu of the NK). You could make the CL's kills limited by charges or smth to put his power level on par with a NK.

Idk, but I think with the correct tweak you could make it a cool neutral killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    What if you made the max cult size 2, but gave them a factional kill and let converts keep powers? (outside of a few mega op cases)

Having big cults results in lots of people having their wincon deconstructed. By increasing exclusivity, people will be incentivized to pursue their normal wincon outside of a few isolated cases.

You could have a cult leader whose kills look like an SK's, except he has a one time power to flip someone to his side (in lieu of the NK). You could make the CL's kills limited by charges or smth to put his power level on par with a NK.

Idk, but I think with the correct tweak you could make it a cool neutral killing.
    wait, that's basically a different role. That doesn't help at all. Sorry LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

Zombie: Infects a player each night and wins if the number of infected players ever outnumber the number of living players.
    Is an interesting take and the only viable redesign of cult (barring a massive overhaul.) No night chat or WD and culted players technically dont know they've been 'culted.' So they continue playing for thier win cons until the zombie wins.

It'd probably need to be stated when and if they're killed whether they were infected though.

Then whether masons and or doctors cure them of being culted or infected. Hm

Actually, as not to de-rail this thread, comment on that role here: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...046#post845046

------------

Otherwise, carry on about Cultist.
    Last edited by Frinckles; February 7th, 2020 at 12:30 PM.

I think this thread is extremely beneficial to the health and safety of the community.
    However, Mostache and Renegade are both right. Cult is indeed, no matter how much I hate to admit it, broken.
    In 8331, Cultist will either die early on or live too late and be unstoppable.
    In 933, same situation. Neutral random cultist gets caught early and dies, or it’s too late to stop them.
    In cultist saves, cult is guaranteed and (if people are even willing to play cultist games) it causes a huge atmosphere of McCarthyism in where people are trying to hunt down cultists to no avail.
    If cult wants to be saves, I suggest either reworking cult into its own faction (which they technically already are) and adding more roles specifically to handle cult situations.
    TOS does it nicely, Trapper and Crusader are quite nice in the way of hunting down converted townies, but I do seriously think that this needs to be addressed.
    I love this game just as much as you guys do. I’m hoping you guys feel the same. I want this game to be enjoyable in any direction, no matter what type of save we’re using.