1. ISO #1

TauntShaman: 1-S2-1-8644522

Account Name: TauntShaman
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-8644522
    In-Game Name: Jester Leader

Crimes Committed: Chat abuse

Your Account Name: Etheopian
    Summary:

The accused player uses a chat exploit such that his chat appears in a significantly larger font than normal. His text is illegible to other players and occupies large portions of the screen. This detracts from the game experience and makes it difficult to focus on the gameplay.

The accused player has no intention of playing this game seriously, evidenced by the statements he makes and evidenced by his attitude that he is above the law in this game.

Chat abuse.SC2Replay

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: TauntShaman: 1-S2-1-8644522

Among these three replays, the only thing I would punish for is the chat abuse, where Taunt uses very large text to drag attention.

Taunt has been using my name for a while now and I think couple of people realize this, to mock me rather than fake being a mod. In the third replay, he is immediately lynched day 2 for using large text and saying that he is able to do it because of admin powers.

On one hand, I'm thinking Pointban. On the other hand we discussed with Frinckles to remove html from chat so it would be unnecessary.

@Arrow
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Crime: Name Abuse
    This is naming yourself something so long that it blocks the chat box or the graveyard, naming yourself something that may appear to be blank, or coloring your name so dark it is very difficult to read.
    Examples: Using a name that is completely black; Making your name only a period "." or other insignificant character.
    Type: Additional Crimes

Crime: Colour Chat Abuse
    This is using colour coding to highlight your in-game text to manipulate the game.
    Examples: Revealing as fake Mayor; highlighting text during court.

You guys do realize that dragging attention is by no means comparable with Revealing as fake Mayor; highlighting text during court right? I can't find where in the rule book it says dragging attention is against it.

I been using alternative fonts with mods in game for months and suddenly you tell me it's not allowed, like really?

edit: if i remembered correctly, the last time u punish people for chat abuse they tried to smuggle pictures into chat no....
    Last edited by Tauntshaman; February 10th, 2020 at 11:58 PM.
    the Jester Leader

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Tauntshaman View Post
    Crime: Name Abuse
    This is naming yourself something so long that it blocks the chat box or the graveyard, naming yourself something that may appear to be blank, or coloring your name so dark it is very difficult to read.
    Examples: Using a name that is completely black; Making your name only a period "." or other insignificant character.

Crime: Colour Chat Abuse
    This is using colour coding to highlight your in-game text to manipulate the game.
    Examples: Revealing as fake Mayor; highlighting text during court.

You guys do realize that dragging attention is by no means comparable with Revealing as fake Mayor; highlighting text during court right? I can't find where in the rule book it says dragging attention is against it.

I been using alternative fonts with mods in game for months and suddenly you tell me it's not allowed, like really?
    Let me weigh in my 2 cents

In this post, as you claim, you are quite literally using your colored chat to gain an advantage by gathering more attention. I mean, it literally says right there "this is using color coding to highlight your in-game text to manipulate the game", and if you'd like to argue with me, notice how your eyes keep shifting back to the yellow bit that I highlighted to draw attention to.

This is what you're doing in games. This is chat abuse because you are getting an unfair advantage. You are drawing more attention to your posts than a player with fewer points should be able to. The cherry on top is the fact that you are also claiming you can do it because you're a mod or admin.

Here are 4 different cases in the last 5 years of chat abuse being referenced. There are a few, more, these are the ones I picked. You can easily find them in the search bar.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...1-S2-1-2932383 Watch-List x2 from 2018
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...1-S2-1-1445332 Appealed from 2018 featuring @Arrow saying "We can't punish for this since it isn't currently a rule".
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...1-s2-1-4096439 On hold from 2017
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...2-toad-6047601 On hold from 2015
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; February 11th, 2020 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    You are drawing more attention to your posts than a player with fewer points should be able to.
    So you are saying using colored/bigger font itself is chat abuse no matter the context since whatever color/font it is, as long as it's not the normal font, it draws more attention? I admit that i was trying to draw attention, but not for game winning purposes!

Now this looks like the html thing is left there just so you can punish people for using it? Isn't it kind of funny? Just remove the html thing then
    Last edited by Tauntshaman; February 15th, 2020 at 07:07 PM.
    the Jester Leader

13. ISO #13

honestly if you read the thread, frinckles is looking into removing it. I mean it's really only meant for names, not for people to circumvent the spam filter. It's not a big deal if somebody uses the color chat once randomly, but it just ruins things for everyone else when someone starts spamming like that. There is a reason for the spam filter, and making your text gigantic defeats that purpose.
    Last edited by DJarJar; February 16th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?