S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

An adaptation of Harvest Festival, inspired by La Cosa Nostra
    Presented by Frinckles & Aivon

Welcome! Role cards will be distributed on Sunday and the game will begin on Monday. Remember to read the setup carefully! There are examples and explanations for roles such as Ornamentalist, List-Maker, Actress and Caroler. If you have any questions do not hesitate to message Aivon or myself on here or on Discord. I'll do my best to make this post an updated hub for easy-to-find information as the game progresses.

Game Info

Day Two / Day Three
    Day Four / Day Five
    Day Six / Day Seven

Setup / Post Count
    The ISO links on the table will be added as players post.

Name Status Role ISO
    Marshall Marshmallow Alive ? ISO
    Huey The Long Dead Holiday Patron ISO
    Solid D. Alive ? ISO
    Varcron Dead Sleepwalker ISO
    Caustic Dead Lover ISO
    OzyWho Dead Holiday Patron ISO
    Stealthbomber16 Alive ? ISO
    Kovath Dead ? ISO
    Chip Skylark Alive ? ISO
    Blinkskater Alive ? ISO
    Efekannn Dead Holiday Patron ISO
    Magoroth Alive ? ISO
    Aamirus Alive ? ISO
    Light_Yagami Alive ? ISO

48H Days / 24H Nights
    Plurality Lynch
    Last Wills / Death Notes allowed
    Role Revealed Upon Death
    Memory / LW / DN Upon Death

Goodluck, have fun. (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ

Game will begin Monday at 4:00PM Central Time

Last edited by Frinckles; December 24th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

Hey, guys!
    I was hoping that, with your help, we could try a little experiment this game?
    Everyone whenever they read a statement or a question or anything of interest - quote it and simply write "+1" or "-1". That shouldn't be much to ask tbh.

• It is easier to write off a voice as coming from a mafia, unreasonable town, or crazy person than it is to write off two, three, or four voices all saying the same thing. Then we know where to look at.
    • Collective problem solving and communication in a highly paranoid environment is more effective because whenever 2 players are arguing - they are likely to have skewed versions of the conflict if they do not have the voices around them offering perspectives. Town can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. Mafia can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. The numbers of the game set up make this a fact.
    • Town often have every reason to moderate their position by hearing the opinions of other townies, as opposed to mafia who may be looking to simplify their day by letting one simple encounter define how they vote or how they contribute for the day. Meaning that as the game progresses, the mafia will simply have fewer and fewer corners to hide in, while town will be consistently encouraged to not get tunneled.

I know a lot of people are often in the mindset of observing and solving the game on their own. Some even go as far as not making posts on their own while they judge everyone elses content. That's not team work, and no town could ever win if everyone would do that.

What I'm asking in this little experiment is not much. Just a little voice from everyone in everything. Play your regular games, except add those little "+" and "-". Seeing where is agreement and where is disagreement can only be good for the town.

I'm one of the green guys this game. But I had a Day1 plan for either alignment. For one thing - as a red guy I wouldn't had asked for this little experiment.

But I want to tell you guys what I would had done if I were a red:
    I would had made a general "pro town behavior" list and asked my fellow red's to do those things for the first 24 hours. Then, at the 24 hour mark, I would had posted these 2 tables and thereby gotten all mafia to be in the town core and powerwolf our way to victory. The first table is Pro-Town behavior, the 2nd table is Anti-Town behavior. I publish those now in the hopes that they will encourage players to act in a town favored manner:

Being active Asking probing questions Providing a conclusion Putting in effort into the game SCUM HUNTING Making new points Observing reactions
    MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami
    Posting WAY too much Posting too little Extreme WIFOM Low effort posting Too careful/self aware IIoA (information instead of analysis) Sheeping too much
    MM YES
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami

@Marshmallow Marshall
    its just a joke bro
    @aamirus
    so much for being a reserve, ehh?
    @Caustic
    I don't recognize your name

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    tbh i stopped reading that, after the first sentence lol

-vote marshmallow marshall
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

+ - thing is actually quite garbage because it minimizes contributions and discourages expansion of thought

Say I submit “Yagami is scum because X” and blink says “Yagami is scum because Y”

You’re encouraging blink to not submit Y- leaving us with less discussion about Yagami.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    + - thing is actually quite garbage because it minimizes contributions and discourages expansion of thought

Say I submit “Yagami is scum because X” and blink says “Yagami is scum because Y”

You’re encouraging blink to not submit Y- leaving us with less discussion about Yagami.
    also gives scum a blanket to hide under or crutch to lean on IMO.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

15. ISO #15

also gives scum a blanket to hide under or crutch to lean on IMO.
    Perfect example.

If we followed ozy then you would’ve just said +1 and we wouldn’t get this extra info.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

I never said to keep it down to only those. But to write those as a MINIMUM.

I'm surprised you're not a fan of the idea, given that you were in the last game. But I guess you were neutral, so it didn't bother you, it helped you. In that sense, are you a neutral again? That's cool because 1 neutral is guaranteed pro-town, while the other is more probably pro town than pro mafia.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Perfect example.

If we followed ozy then you would’ve just said +1 and we wouldn’t get this extra info.
    Honestly, where comes this miscomunication from? I never intended to suggest "yeah everyone, lets only write + and - and nothing else, ever"...

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23
    Ganelon

I hardclaim Town Godfather

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    That feel when I am going down in Sc2Mafia lore as both Kovath and Korvoth

Fixed.

I'll be adding live links to ISO pages on the first post as people join into the game.

Not sure if you guys will use them, it was more of a personal preference tbh
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 16th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

25. ISO #25

-vote marshmallow marshall

For being only 15 minutes before the game start but not being here when it actually does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seeing that it's Plurality lynch (even though it says 8 votes to lynch..) and that almost nobody is online at the start of game.. see you all in 40 hours i guess.

26. ISO #26
    Ganelon

Aight boys lemme read the setup properly again, for our dear host has told me I should read it very carefully and missa afraid I missed something

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    that missing 1 between 4 and 5.... :@ :@ :@
    lol, i'm more of a mafia guy tbh, math and any type of proper grammar will not happen from me.

It's been a while since I played with you, I do get scum vibrations from your first post though, there was some self meta from you I'm not really a fan of.

28. ISO #28
    Ganelon

yeah i'll pass
    Same

29. ISO #29
    Ganelon

lol, i'm more of a mafia guy tbh, math and any type of proper grammar will not happen from me.

It's been a while since I played with you, I do get scum vibrations from your first post though, there was some self meta from you I'm not really a fan of.
    i also did, chumpeh in my pocket and swear fealty to the King of Sweden for IKEA demands it

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32
    Ganelon

Perfect example.

This is true. What’s your current take on Ozy?

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34
    Ganelon

Only scum would claim a role not i the game, we got him boyz, let's blow this popsicle stand.

-vote magoroth
    Wdym it’s not in the game, I’m town Godfather

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Yeah, self meta is very wolfy.
    And so is creating a positive image of oneself at SoG.
    I can totally see you leaning me scum for that.

However, if you would put in any thought on what effect that post might bring, I don't think you could possibly think it would come from a wolf.

About you though - you see a post that strickly encouradges players to participate in every discussion, at the very least at bare minimum if nothing else - and you dislike it?
    I'm not sure how can that be a pro town attitude.

@Magoroth
    It would be appreciated if we could get something more than "Same" from you. I know you can make arguments.

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    This is true. What’s your current take on Ozy?
    I see you saw this post. And you saw much later posts. But you didn't see my posts between them? How comes?
    I don't know the english word for it. But it's some dedicated "i will ignore these specific posts" from you.

38. ISO #38
    Ganelon

Also 1v1 me, I’m gonna have a big towny voice this game I feel

39. ISO #39

However, if you would put in any thought on what effect that post might bring, I don't think you could possibly think it would come from a wolf.

About you though - you see a post that strickly encouradges players to participate in every discussion, at the very least at bare minimum if nothing else - and you dislike it?

@Magoroth
    It would be appreciated if we could get something more than "Same" from you. I know you can make arguments.
    I dislike what I think your intent to be from posting it. I do want players to be active I just think your post overall isn't a good way to promote it. So yeah I do dislike your post lol

Pinging players and yelling at them to give their reads on certain things is far more simple and IMO it will yield better results, people don't wanna make mafia into a freakin chart man they just want to play it.
    I like the way you scum paint me for disliking your post and then saying I dislike something that promotes positive blah blah blah, yeah i'll jot this down into my notes

40. ISO #40
    Ganelon

IM NOT 3P THIS GAME!
    Implicit mafia claim lynch lynch
    -vote Stealthbomber16

41. ISO #41

I see you saw this post. And you saw much later posts. But you didn't see my posts between them? How comes?
    I don't know the english word for it. But it's some dedicated "i will ignore these specific posts" from you.
    the word is wolfy

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43
    Ganelon

@Magoroth
    I don’t feel like +1/-1 is a good way of generating discussion because it abstracts away the details, it doesn’t actually tell you why a player feels that way nor does it let them actually participate in discussion. I appreciate your concern but I don’t think that’s the proper way of doing it

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Is it angelshooting to it suspicious that MM was online 15 minutes before the game start, but is not now?

We know from the setup's "basic mechanics"
    [middle]This setup is day-start: There are no Night Zero checks, kills, loves or chats.
    The Mafia will know who their partners are but not their roles.
    The Holiday Angel will know their random target but not their role.[/middle]
    It says Mafia have chat only when the game starts, and I'm suspicious wether or not MM went there first.
    As I said, not sure if it's angel shooting or not.

But I would like to know when I will finally get an answer on post #6
    I know it says plurality. But it also says "8 votes to lynch". Those 2 contradict each other, right?

46. ISO #46

Hey, guys!
    I was hoping that, with your help, we could try a little experiment this game?
    Everyone whenever they read a statement or a question or anything of interest - quote it and simply write "+1" or "-1". That shouldn't be much to ask tbh.

• It is easier to write off a voice as coming from a mafia, unreasonable town, or crazy person than it is to write off two, three, or four voices all saying the same thing. Then we know where to look at.
    • Collective problem solving and communication in a highly paranoid environment is more effective because whenever 2 players are arguing - they are likely to have skewed versions of the conflict if they do not have the voices around them offering perspectives. Town can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. Mafia can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. The numbers of the game set up make this a fact.
    • Town often have every reason to moderate their position by hearing the opinions of other townies, as opposed to mafia who may be looking to simplify their day by letting one simple encounter define how they vote or how they contribute for the day. Meaning that as the game progresses, the mafia will simply have fewer and fewer corners to hide in, while town will be consistently encouraged to not get tunneled.

I know a lot of people are often in the mindset of observing and solving the game on their own. Some even go as far as not making posts on their own while they judge everyone elses content. That's not team work, and no town could ever win if everyone would do that.

What I'm asking in this little experiment is not much. Just a little voice from everyone in everything. Play your regular games, except add those little "+" and "-". Seeing where is agreement and where is disagreement can only be good for the town.

I'm one of the green guys this game. But I had a Day1 plan for either alignment. For one thing - as a red guy I wouldn't had asked for this little experiment.

But I want to tell you guys what I would had done if I were a red:
    I would had made a general "pro town behavior" list and asked my fellow red's to do those things for the first 24 hours. Then, at the 24 hour mark, I would had posted these 2 tables and thereby gotten all mafia to be in the town core and powerwolf our way to victory. The first table is Pro-Town behavior, the 2nd table is Anti-Town behavior. I publish those now in the hopes that they will encourage players to act in a town favored manner:

Being active Asking probing questions Providing a conclusion Putting in effort into the game SCUM HUNTING Making new points Observing reactions
    MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami
    Posting WAY too much Posting too little Extreme WIFOM Low effort posting Too careful/self aware IIoA (information instead of analysis) Sheeping too much
    MM YES
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami

@Marshmallow Marshall
    its just a joke bro
    @aamirus
    so much for being a reserve, ehh?
    @Caustic
    I don't recognize your name
    i'm not reading this
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48
    Ganelon

I don’t read in a chronological order soz.

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I don’t feel like +1/-1 is a good way of generating discussion because it abstracts away the details, it doesn’t actually tell you why a player feels that way nor does it let them actually participate in discussion. I appreciate your concern but I don’t think that’s the proper way of doing it
    I feel like it's my failure of miscommunication.
    I have no clue why or how everyone thinks I want people ONLY write +/-. The idea was to make them do it ADDITIONALLY to their regular play. As for example players who can't make more posts than host per game day, have them post at least something and show that they at the very least are reading the thread.

50. ISO #50