Register

User Tag List

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83
Results 4,101 to 4,142 of 4142
  1. ISO #4101
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Rewards are sort of meh, I wouldn't mind them except I don't love them.

Onto one of the things I disliked about this game, there were *alot* of posts, like god damn, I can't keep up when I only have an hour or two per day to look at this.
    Yeah that’s fair, and why I think we do need to do something about our posting volume. I don’t disagree with the idea of a post count restriction per se, I just don’t think it should be a site-wide rule.

2. ISO #4102

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    or if we need time to digest things, since we usually do 48 hours days. We could do 3-4 hours 1 real-life day, then close the thread. Then the second 3-4 hours the next day.
    @aamirus
    On a 2nd thought, this would effectively make days only have SoD's and EoD's.
    So how about to have, additionally to this, also some ridiculously low post limit (like 5) between those 2 periods? (Actually it's 3 "posting periods" on a regular 48h game?)
    That way people can make cases and others can digest them. Because imagine everyone posting wall posts at EoD - nobody would have any time to put much thought into what others said, assuming they have even time to read them to begin with.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 2nd, 2020 at 07:09 AM.

3. ISO #4103

Why is this thread still open lol @Frinckles close it and move e it
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

4. ISO #4104

I posted a lot of content to flood the thread and make town want to just scroll through. I also seen first hand how town aligned players didnt even read some of the posts i wrote. Like it was all just ignored/forgotten/skimmed over. This game my massive amount of posting was p anti town imo because of that. I believe Mag and Marsh missed entire posts that i made about why i'm reading players certain ways.

MU championships have great examples of post count games.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

5. ISO #4105

6. ISO #4106

Omg the community is now complaining about TOO MAHY POSTS!!!

They grow up so fast ������

One idea is to embrace skim reading and skipping posts as part of the game. Give everyone the ability to write 5-10 highlighted posts per in-game day. Then people with little time can get the critical context and contribute without being left out, while high-posters won't feel restricted.

I do like Aamirus' idea too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

7. ISO #4107

They grow up so fast ������

One idea is to embrace skim reading and skipping posts as part of the game. Give everyone the ability to write 5-10 highlighted posts per in-game day. Then people with little time can get the critical context and contribute without being left out, while high-posters won't feel restricted.

I don't quite understand tbh.

I like the idea of having the option to read only critical posts though.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 3rd, 2020 at 07:57 AM.

8. ISO #4108
    Ganelon

They grow up so fast 😭😭😭

yeah think that’s a good problem to have lol
    you should play some games with us :P

9. ISO #4109

Spoiler : Kovath's Lost Memory :
    Here you go. Might feel like tweaking things later, but I hope it hits the type of spirit you're looking for.

"Memory":
    Since I have few memories of 2019 to draw from, I offer these reflections instead. I hope they do not come off as arrogant.

I have been, on-and-off, part of the Sc2Mafia community for many years. Although I'm sure many of my recollections have become rose-tinted with the passage of time, I still remember with nostalgic fondness the games and people of the past, which and whom I will let lie, anonymous, in their archives.

Mafia itself, of course, is a huge part of what always seems to draw me back. My first Sc2Mafia experience was on the mod, where the theme of "The Godfather" provided a haunting air to a simple but enthralling game. Even when roles were straightforward and nothing like Bus Driver existed, waiting for the new day as the camera span slowly through the night created an indescribable thrill in my younger self.

Forum Mafia was different but equally, if not more, rewarding. It was deeper and at times more personal. Competitiveness was strong; tempers ran hot. FM, to be done right, demands a lot, but in return it gives even more. It can draw out the worst of us, but it can also yield a blend of interaction, commitment, effort, and ultimately satisfaction that is, in my opinion, truly exceptional.

But in the end, Sc2Mafia, at least for me, has always been more than just the game. Faces and accounts change (except the fossil Cryptonic), but the spirit remains, the feeling of being part of and helping create something that can be enjoyed by everyone. There are some things, of course, that I wish would not stay the same (cough lurking cough). Yet just as we grow while keeping who we are, Sc2Mafia has evolved and adapted.

There are many old faces I would like to see again and old memories I would like to relive. But to linger does a disservice to the Sc2Mafia of today, a blend of entirely new faces and a few that I still recognize. The games go on; the Sc2Mafia community goes on. Despite what is new, even in the short time since I have started playing again, I have started to feel that old feeling again.

So, thank you players and staff for what you have given me over the years. I hope to be a part of many great new memories in the coming year, if my time and motivation stay cooperative. Have a happy holiday season.

Spoiler : Aamirus Memory :
    My favorite memory from Mafia/Sc2mafia in the past year would be from S-FM Spirits IIb
    Voss had a sheriff red check on me but I counterclaimed against him and got him lynched. After that I was 100% confirmed mafia and the obvious lynch choice the next day. Rather than just bussing me and playing for the win on the following day, Blink and Distorted decided that they didn't want to let me die. Distorted came up with this insane plan which we actually pulled off and managed to get the win with the entire scum team intact:

Spoiler : Plan :

SO OoO for tonight:

- I kill nobody
    - Aamirus follows Huey
    - Zerg check yzb. (post a 1 if cit, 2 doc, 3 sheriff, 4 vigi, 5 det, 6 virus)

DAY START
    1) Aamirus makes a troll post or something with everyone pinged. the SECOND PERSON PINGED is who Huey visited.
    ----If the person huey visited is zerg or aamirus, we abandon.
    If it is anyone else:
    2) Zerg claims detective, and says Aamirus visited that person (the second person in her ping)
    3) I then claim Virus, saying I did a MM spree on that person.

effect: Town will think Aamirus and (second person pinged) are poisoned. the second person WILL be poisoned and drop dead at some point during the day. So I will make the cases of its useless to lynch EITHER of them.

I am then going to make a case for the no kill tonight. There was no poison on N2. Huey missed. so I will claim I used the SK ability on him, and he got RBed tonight for it (since it blocks the following night) and I will claim he is Alpha wolf.

Zerg, you can vote freely, but lets try to let town vote first so we can stack numbers easier. if you have a chacne to put somoene on L-1, try to wait until aamirus is around. if no lynches are gaining steam then voting there isnt a bad thing anyways after the 24 hour mark.

Aamirus HAS to be the hammer vote, or people will unvote if shes putting someone at L-1. but, i can always make the case shes trying to scare people by "bussing" to confirm 1 of her scums as town. but preferable that she hammers.

Spoiler : Solid Dawn's Memory :
    While reluctant, i was convinced by a friend to meet up with some of his FM friends irl. We all met up at an outside bar and all huddled by a small fire while conversing and playing mafia thru the night. To all involved, thanks for an awesome night. Cheers and happy holidays!

Spoiler : MM's Memory :
    There we go :

It's hard to pick one, honestly, because there are so many good things with this community that are worth saying here. So I'll give more than one

Playing in the Werewolf Ball game as the organiser of the ball, seeing everyone trying to solve the game (or trick others) with both flavor and behavior analysis under anonymous accounts was extremely fun, and I believe everyone enjoyed that game, too.
    There was also One Thousand Rolecards, where everyone asked if people had been Hitler recently... Legend says there are still some people asking that question as of now.

But really, playing with all the different people here, seeing the new members come in, new point of views, and mostly just people wanting to have fun together is great.

Happy holidays!

Spoiler : Magoroth's Memory :
    I loved observing the 1krc game hosted by stealth (I wasn't in it, was just an observer).
    I especially loved that time when Kenny unironically asked Aamirus if she had been Hitler recently.

With regards to the mod... I haven't really played the mod in a really long time, but the fondest memory is from a game where I was attacked, blackmailed, culted and jailed all in one night (I used to fake vet-bait d1 by spamming random shit, people eventually saw through my bluff lul)

Spoiler : Efe's Memory :
    //Currently My Favorite Memory In Sc2Mafia Is When I Lynched Hybrid When He Was Survivor While I Was A Comfirmed Town Government While The Town Investigators And Neutral Killing Was Suiciding/Ragequitting

//Fine... I Didnt Follow The Requirements... The Memory I Told You Is More Than 2 Years Old At The Very Least. From This Year My Favorite Moment Was When I Tried Playing EUMafia On A Secondary Secret Account... Pretty Much Nothing Happened Because All The Old People Are Dead

Spoiler : Huey's Memory :
    Ive only been around for a short while so i dont have many. But it will have to be my first game i played here as a Poisoner where Blink who was mafia convinced the like few town left she was the Poisoner and that i was Scum so i get lynched and the scum won the game. It was a really good game, and i really enjoyed playing that Neutral role and overall is the memory that is probably the most vivid from my short time here.

Spoiler : Caustic's Memory :
    Winning. Victory. Without the Variable of my death.

Spoiler : Ozy's Memory :
    SC2Mafia: my personal saves, first game first night. A witch that controls a witch that controls a cultist to target a witch that is bussdriven, thereby converting the other witch to become Witch Doctor. All because the 2 witches were colored.
    S-FM: becoming the true Cat Emperor by assassinating Distorted. Those who were involved might remember that I didn't particularly earn it. But the way I see it - all the stars aligned so I could fulfill my destiny!
    Also, shame on Efekannn02 for standing in my way of murdering Distorted.

Spoiler : SB16's Memory :
    I think unironically my favorite memory from this year on Sc2maf was becoming moderator of the horrendous content section. Everyone came together in this horrible shitposty way and it was so bad that it became really really funny. But I enjoyed every game I signed up for, and I really appreciated the resurgence of old names that I got to play with again or even for the first time recently.

Spoiler : Varcron's Memory :
    My fondest memory of SC2Maf would be as Consig when I acted as town investigator, getting confirmed by lynching Arson D2 before acting as town gov seeing as they died N1. By D3 I had all the roles and LWs of the town, and was able to weed out the neuts while giving my buddies the entire towns roles after lynching both spy claims, single handily winning the game

I'm also just glad I came back to this community after five or so years, it's been great getting to know everyone whether it be on the mod, or now FM.

Spoiler : Naz' Memory :
    My fav memory was meeting Frinckles and playing irl mafia for the first time!

Spoiler : Blinkskater's Memory :
    My favorite memory probably from forum Mafia this year was in stealths 1.5k rc game. I was actually really impressed with mags play as scum. It was an anonymous game and I had no idea that mag was Ikea. His play really impressed me as scum that game, it made me proud of Mag. Granted I caught him and talked him into somehow killing himself. But that's a story for another day. Reality Bender was the best role that I have ever got and I think I made good use out of it. I'm sure stealth can also agree that it would have been really awesome to see somebody launched into the sun. I had the most fun going back and forth with mag now knowing that it was him <3

Spoiler : Voss' Memory :
    My favorite sc2mafia memory was when the site got overrun with bots
    And I laughed before I did anything about it

Spoiler : Light's Memory :
    Oh... When The Mass Murderer Came Out... In The Mod I Got 5 Kills N1 And Couldnt Stop Laughing...lol

Spoiler : Frinckles' Memory :
    My favorite memory has to be learning to work on the map back in March of this year. Meeting up with Naz & Solid irl was fun too. Obviously, hosting this FM has been amazing too. Thanks everyone.

That should be all the memories!

10. ISO #4110

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I don't quite understand tbh.

I like the idea of having the option to read only critical posts though.
    So, either the post would be highlighted a certain colour, or it would start with "IMPORTANT" in caps/bold underlined, or smth.

imo, the issue isn't that people are posting too much. The issue is that you're expected to read too much. With this, you can focus on just reading the things a particular player sees as most important, and read/write further posts at your discretion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

11. ISO #4111

Mags 2nd memory - I think Jailkeeper should honestly protect their target from getting culted.

Many had the 1k rc and 1.5k rc games as their fondest memories. One of which was anonymous account game? With MM's Ball memory, that's 2 games with anonymous accounts.

1k/1.5k rc and anonymous setups is what everyone loves.

12. ISO #4112

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Why is this thread still open lol @Frinckles close it and move e it
    Because we want to discuss lol

Blink, you did cause some skimming, but you didn't ACTUALLY detail your cases, you simply engaged in long arguments over arguments that were themselves over another argument. It made it look BIG, but it was in fact very very thin, just like my analysis of the case walltext you posted yourself showed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #4113

Also, nice memories from Kovath and Caustic (lol to the latter). I obviously don't have the same "old" feeling, but the rest is completely relatable and true, and, in my opinion, makes for a pretty good Christmas FM spirit!
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

14. ISO #4114

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Because we want to discuss lol

Blink, you did cause some skimming, but you didn't ACTUALLY detail your cases, you simply engaged in long arguments over arguments that were themselves over another argument. It made it look BIG, but it was in fact very very thin, just like my analysis of the case walltext you posted yourself showed.
    I detailed my cased you didnt even read half the shit i wrote. It wasnt thin at all i head countless reasons, you analysis of my waltext was sheer bullshit which i proved again with another wall post. Your perception of this game is totally wrong because you keep saying shit that still isnt true.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

15. ISO #4115

16. ISO #4116

17. ISO #4117

... that was uncalled for. Cutting this convo here, I guess.

18. ISO #4118

19. ISO #4119

20. ISO #4120

Blink is like Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder
    He can't get out of character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh6aXeO_E0
    LOL why do I feel like that is partially true
    You rarely get me with that... but you did there

21. ISO #4121

22. ISO #4122

23. ISO #4123

24. ISO #4124
    Ganelon

Blink is like Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder
    He can't get out of character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh6aXeO_E0
    Hes still scum let’s lynch him bois
    -vote blinkskater

25. ISO #4125
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM yoek View Post
    This is such bullshit im not fucking scum here i never am, i made logical sense with everything ive said, how can you even say i was openwolfing and pushing a scum agenda when every fact was backed with logic wtf
    True the real scum was me here, I drove this game into the fucking ground bc I ignored the possibility of you being scum with someone other than MM
    i actually didn’t even consider that lol, fml

26. ISO #4126

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    True the real scum was me here, I drove this game into the fucking ground bc I ignored the possibility of you being scum with someone other than MM
    i actually didn’t even consider that lol, fml
    You actually fucked with me a bit unintentionally. It was really obvious that day (D3?) we both voted/lynched Huey at the same time (for me at least that was an accident), that you had the agenda of “Huey is going to flip scum and I want to convince everyone that Marsh is not on Huey’s team”. And that actually made me look more negatively at the Huey/marsh team possibility even tho you didn’t really know what faction either was.

Although, I was also so annoyed that ozy got lynched instead of Huey or blink that I had no fucks left to give, so idk if it truly swayed my decision or if I was totally tunneled at that point.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

27. ISO #4127

28. ISO #4128
    Ganelon

You actually fucked with me a bit unintentionally. It was really obvious that day (D3?) we both voted/lynched Huey at the same time (for me at least that was an accident), that you had the agenda of “Huey is going to flip scum and I want to convince everyone that Marsh is not on Huey’s team”. And that actually made me look more negatively at the Huey/marsh team possibility even tho you didn’t really know what faction either was.

Although, I was also so annoyed that ozy got lynched instead of Huey or blink that I had no fucks left to give, so idk if it truly swayed my decision or if I was totally tunneled at that point.
    Oh lol rip

29. ISO #4129
    Ganelon

It is really hard not to lynch somebody who has magically escaped the noose 2 days in a row with both countertrains flipping town. I feel like Huey should have lynched himself D2 to help the town honestly
    True. @Huey The Long and pretty much anyone else who finds themself in that situation again you should probably either become towny asf after something like that or allow yourself to be lynched. For future reference.

30. ISO #4130
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    I detailed my cased you didnt even read half the shit i wrote. It wasnt thin at all i head countless reasons, you analysis of my waltext was sheer bullshit which i proved again with another wall post. Your perception of this game is totally wrong because you keep saying shit that still isnt true.
    Imagine being ‘everyone who scumreads me is wrong’
    Last edited by ; January 4th, 2020 at 07:26 AM.

31. ISO #4131
    Ganelon

I genuinely thought it couldn’t be both Huey and MM. guess it’s my fault for taking a role that literally SHOULD NOT be played truthfully and being completely straightforward lmao

32. ISO #4132

33. ISO #4133

34. ISO #4134

35. ISO #4135

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    True. @Huey The Long and pretty much anyone else who finds themself in that situation again you should probably either become towny asf after something like that or allow yourself to be lynched. For future reference.
    I did say in dead chat i prolly should of died on d2, may of helped town.
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

36. ISO #4136

It is really hard not to lynch somebody who has magically escaped the noose 2 days in a row with both countertrains flipping town. I feel like Huey should have lynched himself D2 to help the town honestly
    Indeed. Huey should have been lynched for the betterment of mankind on D2, just because his slot remained a big mystery for too long.

Edit : The last sentence might have been a bit harsh, oops... Bad times happen to everyone (and a lot to me lol), so there's no problem here. Just wanted to say it, because I feel like there's an overshaming going on right now.

Also, CHOO CHOO
    -vote blinkskater
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; January 4th, 2020 at 04:51 PM.

37. ISO #4137

38. ISO #4138

39. ISO #4139

40. ISO #4140

YES

VICTORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

41. ISO #4141

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Squirrel Express View Post
    I'm gonna regret this blink is always town here.

-vote blinkskater
    @Distorted please add this gif on the discord, with a command for it. pls pls pls.

42. ISO #4142