S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P] - Page 203
Register

User Tag List

Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4142
  1. #4041

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Without being too much of a smart add, what I said in game stands. Town did anti town things that ended up costing us the game. Town canít win when these things happen. I donít agree with policy lynching this kind of behavior in future games because they ainít something people can consciously control unless they take a hold of themselves. I think we dive too deeply into wifom here on SC2Mafia. I for one would be perfectly happy if we completely did away with the idea of WIFOM as central to the game; we scrutinize the game from so many angles that we end up losing track of the crucial details the knowledge of which makes or breaks the game. Honestly I think the person who made up this term should be lynched and fucking janitored so they canít leave a last will about WIFOM post death.

    WIFOM is not important. Things are a lot more obvious than you make them out to be. Every time someone says you couldnít catch them as scum, they are lying. I know because I used to over complicate things and try to account for every single possibility; you cannot do this. I tried something different this game and ended up with something close to my old mod meta.

    Sorry for rambling but Iíve alwys felt this to be true. I hate it when I lose track of essential details for inane info that only confuses me, and I hate it when others do it as well. Because it shouldnít be so. Scum can never win when you correctly evaluate the in game info. This i believe to be a fact. Call me an idealist or whatever but itís true.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  2. #4042

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    I donít agree with spamming either, but it is far less anti town than some of the other things that happened this game
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  3. #4043

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Btw, WIFOM to me matters a lot. I engage in OCD levels of worrying all the time about mundane shit and this shows in game. Itís why WIFOM is fucking bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  4. #4044

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Without being too much of a smart add, what I said in game stands. Town did anti town things that ended up costing us the game. Town can’t win when these things happen. I don’t agree with policy lynching this kind of behavior in future games because they ain’t something people can consciously control unless they take a hold of themselves. I think we dive too deeply into wifom here on SC2Mafia. I for one would be perfectly happy if we completely did away with the idea of WIFOM as central to the game; we scrutinize the game from so many angles that we end up losing track of the crucial details the knowledge of which makes or breaks the game. Honestly I think the person who made up this term should be lynched and fucking janitored so they can’t leave a last will about WIFOM post death.

    WIFOM is not important. Things are a lot more obvious than you make them out to be. Every time someone says you couldn’t catch them as scum, they are lying. I know because I used to over complicate things and try to account for every single possibility; you cannot do this. I tried something different this game and ended up with something close to my old mod meta.

    Sorry for rambling but I’ve alwys felt this to be true. I hate it when I lose track of essential details for inane info that only confuses me, and I hate it when others do it as well. Because it shouldn’t be so. Scum can never win when you correctly evaluate the in game info. This i believe to be a fact. Call me an idealist or whatever but it’s true.
    That's true in a way, but not completely. I could go on and talk about it by typing another long post, but I'll just say that : go check Yayap's guides and views on the game. WIFOM is not to be ignored, and I'm not even sure it is to be less used. However, it sure is to be less explicited.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  5. #4045

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Flipless games sound fucking horrid. Just because its playable doesnt mean its good
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    They should most certainly not be the norm.
    It can be interesting to play one from the time, however.
    Agreed. It's not horrible at all, though. It obviously requires more setup balance, but it is often more realistic (in real life, when you "lynch" someone, you don't see the flip) and teaches to rely on actions instead of mechanics in an extreme way. Once again, personal preference. I'm not saying we should play a lot of those games, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  6. #4046

  7. #4047

    Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    What you think of the idea that Solid isn't posting anything because he is Mafia and is content with the current lynch trains?
    SON OF A BITCH I WAS RIGHT!

    @Magoroth
    DUUUDE
    I tried to make a conversation with you in a time when you were unsure of current lynch trains and I trusted you.
    Not only you ignored me, but you also started to scumread me then. And I was correct...
    So much for town teamwork

    BOOOOO

  8. #4048

    Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    SON OF A BITCH I WAS RIGHT!

    @Magoroth
    DUUUDE
    I tried to make a conversation with you in a time when you were unsure of current lynch trains and I trusted you.
    Not only you ignored me, but you also started to scumread me then. And I was correct...
    So much for town teamwork

    BOOOOO
    No u
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  9. #4049

  10. #4050

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    It was all a damn disaster.
    Christmas was ruined!
    Did our memories burn with Efekann?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  11. #4051

  12. #4052

  13. #4053

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    I agree with @rumox . Fuck flipless! Bring on the post restrictions! Min//Max lifted upon 1 hour to EOD.
    Yes! Burn the world to ashes! ANARCHY!!!!!

    You know, the Setup Workshop is here for you to use, rumox and blink. If you want a post restriction setup, make one, or adapt another setup to post restrictions. I'm giving my opinion on the matter, though, and probably won't sign for a ton of post restriction games. A few could be nice, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  14. #4054

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Marsh I think it just negatively affects the game when there is such a huge gap in activity among players. When there is 1 guy with 1000 posts and another with 10, how do you properly compare the 2 players in your head? Maybe post restrictions isn't the way to solve it, but then do you have any other ideas?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  15. #4055

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You know, the Setup Workshop is here for you to use, rumox and blink. If you want a post restriction setup, make one, or adapt another setup to post restrictions. .
    PLEASE DON'T!

    Post restrictions/requirements can be set up on the signup page.

    So too can be lynch mechanics. So too can be basic role options such as wether or not Cop/Seer get's a n0 check, or wether or not Vigilante can attack N1.

    If it was up to MM, there would be 10 versions of each setup in the setup page. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

  16. #4056

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Marsh I think it just negatively affects the game when there is such a huge gap in activity among players. When there is 1 guy with 1000 posts and another with 10, how do you properly compare the 2 players in your head? Maybe post restrictions aren't the way to solve it, but then do you have any other ideas?
    I love 50 post limit light games. But in this one, I have to agree with MM.
    It's up to the 1000 posts guys to limit themselves and it's up to the 10 posts guys to force themselves to be more active.
    In the podcasts I posted recently, they were talking about how they often intentionally limit themselves and how it's a pro-town thing to do. Like "I got such a huge case on someone whom I'm sure is a scum - that I know nobody is gonna read a case that long. So I split into parts, posting each part hours apart." Or how they try to pressure lurkers to become active, or how they try to discourage spammers of spamming (though they were talking about a 25 player game, so there spammers are an even bigger problem).
    To limit oneself is a skill like any other. On the Mafia University, it's the #1 guide.
    To discourage anti-town behaviors from other players is every townie's job.
    It's all part of the game.

    Tbh, the game is solved primarily by reading and thinking. Those who spam are limiting their own scumhunting greatly, and so too they make the thread itself less productive and harder for the rest of the town.
    It's the players' fault.

    To me, suggesting post restrictions to be a norm is like suggesting to remove crucial yet undervalued parts of the game.

    Having said that. People just want to enjoy themselves, and it's more enjoyable when everyone is at the near same level of activity. So do we want to remove a part of the game by putting in babysitting-rules for those who can't control themselves in order to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else? It's not a bad idea. I would rather not, but it's just a matter of taste. Both sides are fine tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 1st, 2020 at 07:24 PM.

  17. #4057

  18. #4058

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well, if people did control themselves then we wouldn't be having this conversation ozy
    To my knowledge, nobody on this site has ever brought up the idea that too much activity can be anti-town too.
    You've been here longer, you can correct if I'm wrong.

    But if I'm right, then I disagree with your conclusion because nobody has yet even tried to limit themselves since they are of the mindset of "the more actively they post the better it is for town".

    As I said. I'm not actively against it, it's a matter of taste in my opinion.
    But tbh. Maybe some post limit games can be good for education purpose?
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 1st, 2020 at 10:38 PM.

  19. #4059

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Having post restrictions is a bad idea; they shouldnít be a general site rule. Sure if the host wants to enforce post restrictions they can do as they please; itís their setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  20. #4060

    Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

    Jesus guys. So come up with a better idea? A "high activity only" game? What you're saying if you think about it for two seconds is not realistic at all. If I come into the thread and see someone attacking me I'm not just going to say nothing because "I don't want to post too much..."
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •