S-FM 291: Fractured Whizzbang (12P) - Page 13
Register

User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #601

Re: S-FM Fractured Whizzbang (12P)

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Isn't this what you're doing now? You are basically now trying to divert attention towards MM as you stated in this very post, basically making him the better lynch target.
    What do you mean? The situation the quote refers to was one where I was on the outside, and my vote ended up deciding whether Magoroth or MM died.

In the present situation, I am the prospective lynch target. I know I am town, and lynching me would be really bad for town. What I was pointing out to Frinckles was that it was illogical in -his perspective- to vote for me. In other words, he was being either misguided or scummy. If you don't agree with the argument, please post your rebuttal.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

2. ISO #602

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Okay.

I just stated why the world(s) you believe in make MM a MECHANICALLY better lynch, I still don't know what you're doing. You also had some weird logic day 1 when Othello-connecting me with Magoroth, as you gave Magoroth no towncred throughout the day except for that one post; this along with calling me towny fairly consistently and using that, in turn, to throw my name into the prospective-lynch-pile throughout the day.
    Magoroth got no town cred because until the end of the day, he wasn't townie. MM should not be playing this game right now and you + Wiisp derailed what was otherwise a fine lynch train. Now we've possibly lost a town power role in a game where five or more people are lurking and not contributing.

If you think I'm scum, feel free to vote me. I'm not sure if you're scum yet; My point was there are better lynches.

3. ISO #603

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Magoroth got no town cred because until the end of the day, he wasn't townie. MM should not be playing this game right now and you + Wiisp derailed what was otherwise a fine lynch train. Now we've possibly lost a town power role in a game where five or more people are lurking and not contributing.

If you think I'm scum, feel free to vote me. I'm not sure if you're scum yet; My point was there are better lynches.
    If you never gave Magoroth any towncred at all, why did you make the post about Magoroth and I being your "shoot your shit" scumteam with the logic that it was because we looked virtuous or whatever the phrasing was?

You actually think Magoroth was a TPR?
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

4. ISO #604

What do you mean? The situation the quote refers to was one where I was on the outside, and my vote ended up deciding whether Magoroth or MM died.

In the present situation, I am the prospective lynch target. I know I am town, and lynching me would be really bad for town. What I was pointing out to Frinckles was that it was illogical in -his perspective- to vote for me. In other words, he was being either misguided or scummy. If you don't agree with the argument, please post your rebuttal.
    I partially disagree with your argument here for a few reasons.

1. Just saying that you know you're town doesn't make things better

2. Frinkles wasn't illogical as the post that I quoted clearly shows that you are trying to highlight MM as the prime lynch target, getting the attention off of yourself.

If his logic is so misguided, then why not give everyone a better solution? I don't personally see him calling you out as scummy, and it was a logical choice.

5. ISO #605

I partially disagree with your argument here for a few reasons.

1. Just saying that you know you're town doesn't make things better

2. Frinkles wasn't illogical as the post that I quoted clearly shows that you are trying to highlight MM as the prime lynch target, getting the attention off of yourself.

If his logic is so misguided, then why not give everyone a better solution? I don't personally see him calling you out as scummy, and it was a logical choice.
    You were saying I was being inconsistent. My whole point was that, at the EoD1, I had a choice between Magoroth and MM, i.e. I was never the target, and to believe that I am scum is to have certain beliefs about my preferences between those two trains. Meanwhile, today: I know that I am town. Why would I want to get lynched as town? This makes no sense, of course I'd rather have someone other than me get lynched. This is also true if I am scum, of course, but my whole point is that there is no inconsistency in my arguments in me trying to argue for a different lynch than myself. It is only natural for a player to prefer that someone other than themselves die, because dying only hurts your own alignment.

The better solution in Frinckles's world is MM, which I have stated. He has not contested this, and his posts suggests that he agrees.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

6. ISO #606

I really can't say anything definitive without the lurkers speaking, but I am still very disturbed by Frinckles's logic and the progression of his thoughts across posts. For example, although his posts suggests that he agrees with my portrayal of what his beliefs should suggest to him, he never addresses anything I say directly. He also glossed over my statements about why I voted Magoroth, just sticking with "MM was a better lynch and you're anti-town and deserve to die".
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

7. ISO #607

8. ISO #608

9. ISO #609

I really can't say anything definitive without the lurkers speaking, but I am still very disturbed by Frinckles's logic and the progression of his thoughts across posts. For example, although his posts suggests that he agrees with my portrayal of what his beliefs should suggest to him, he never addresses anything I say directly. He also glossed over my statements about why I voted Magoroth, just sticking with "MM was a better lynch and you're anti-town and deserve to die".
    I do somewhat agree with that, the lurkers do need to speak. In my honest opinion you still are the best lynch, but I do think Frinkles needs to go into more detail with his posts.

10. ISO #610

I don't personally see him calling you out as scummy, and it was a logical choice.
    If you think he's not calling me out as scummy, you must think that his argument for lynching me is purely mechanical or technical or whatever adjective is appropriate. Can you state in your own words what the argument is? Why is it logical? My understanding is that Frinckles thinks I am scummy for what I did at EoD1.

Furthermore, given that you've said my posts "reek of scum," you have scumreads on me that must be (a) completely independent of Frinckles and (b) completely unknown to every other player. Frinckles has moved off of me for now; if you really think I am scum, you should start getting your case ready.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

11. ISO #611

12. ISO #612

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Viacom Was A Television Communication Company And Is Now My Nick Name For Varcron
    Ah, I was really confused for a time. I thought it might have been like a Thunderdome-analog or something. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

13. ISO #613

14. ISO #614

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    SAVE KABOB, THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE PRIORITY!!!!

Frinckles, I hadn't really considered that possibility... and it would make much more sense than him being marksman because it just doesn't feel like him.
    Yeah But IDK U Did Come Off As Kinda Scummy Yesterday..

15. ISO #615

Frinckles's logic is incomprehensible to me.

Frinckles must believe that Magoroth was tailored town if he thinks I'm scum. Then we have the following four worlds:
    Me town + MM town, Me town + MM scum, Me scum + MM town, Me scum + MM scum

But the Me scum + MM town world makes no sense, as then it was a town lynch regardless and I could have voted a lurker or done nothing with no controversy; ergo, there is no world in which I am a superior lynch to MM, and flipping MM would also be informative about my alignment if MM is town.

So, either Frinckles really badly wants to lynch me either knowing I'm not scum or just to generate new lynch targets, or he actually does believe I blatantly played EoD as scum screwing around in a TvT lynch.
    So You Are Saiyan You Support An MM Lynch?

16. ISO #616

17. ISO #617

18. ISO #618

Isn't this what you're doing now? You are basically now trying to divert attention towards MM as you stated in this very post, basically making him the better lynch target.
    So Ur Reading That As Him Trying To Manipulate Some Sort Of Narrative?

19. ISO #619

20. ISO #620

What made you think Mag was towny at the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

21. ISO #621

Lol why am I getting a funny feeling you guys are SvS'ing me rn?
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

22. ISO #622

23. ISO #623

And again, I dont have any desire to get into a long winded conversation about quips or your take on the first reads I made this game. You need to be voting scum. If that's me, then do it I really dont mind.

24. ISO #624

25. ISO #625

26. ISO #626

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Lol why am I getting a funny feeling you guys are SvS'ing me rn?
    It'd be kinda funny if we were and the entire argument was planned out during night phase, but it'd be risky. idk, lot of attention of our slots in general

You just keep telling me who isnt scum, you're not telling me who is scum.
    Both you and Varcron are giving me shitty vibes but (a) I don't think you are scum together and (b) I have no confidence on anything when basically half of the players are afk.

Glad that last part hasn't changed in the last few years.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

27. ISO #627

28. ISO #628

It'd be kinda funny if we were and the entire argument was planned out during night phase, but it'd be risky. idk, lot of attention of our slots in general

Both you and Varcron are giving me shitty vibes but (a) I don't think you are scum together and (b) I have no confidence on anything when basically half of the players are afk.

Glad that last part hasn't changed in the last few years.
    I agree. So, let's pressure someone? Vote. We have town doing anti-town things and three people murdering us at night. The least we can do is take steps to try to eliminate them instead of arguing with eachother when fypov were all town.

29. ISO #629

30. ISO #630

31. ISO #631

32. ISO #632

Re: im tired

Eww, some of the first quotes with Mag do look ugly in hindsight, mostly the one where I ask him if he's a German in disguise... Also, just saying, it's really unlikely that Mag was non-marksman scum. Me pinging him for "help" is far from being AI.
    I'm not really for policy lynches in general when there's a better option, which there almost always is at EoD. However, I'm 100% in for discussing the possibility of it on early D1.

Have you ever seen me hard defend my teammate like this? No. And you probably won't see it so soon lol. I still stand by my high townread on Stealth (haven't read D2 yet but still).

Wasn't there a tie at EoD? Mag couldn't really know that he would die. I didn't think it myself.

Big thing there : You accuse me of being scum for defending Stealth, and accuse Stealth of being scum for attacking me.

I still think that this case comes from town, because there was an obvious work of searching the posts and making links between them, even if they're wrong. + some points here. As long as you don't choo choo me
    You didnt defend your teammate. You defended a town member and tailored them. You dont know who scum is. You dont have your own reads, or havent posted them. Can you tell me what you've done this game that's townie?

33. ISO #633

34. ISO #634

Re: im tired

I still think that this case comes from town, because there was an obvious work of searching the posts and making links between them, even if they're wrong. + some points here. As long as you don't choo choo me
    Honestly this part is the scummiest segment for me of what Frinckles quoted from MM

Maybe it's just the lazy-town perspective to go "hard work = town" but eh
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

35. ISO #635

36. ISO #636

37. ISO #637

38. ISO #638

39. ISO #639

40. ISO #640

Is it standard in these sort of games to have a shit ton of lurkers? I feel as though I'm seeing the same 4 or 5 responding every day.
    yes it's really annoying (:

41. ISO #641

42. ISO #642

43. ISO #643

44. ISO #644

Lurkers are a time-honored sc2mafia tradition. Depends on the game how bad it is. If there's only one or two, it's easy to force them to play, but when there's a crowd...
    Well, this game is on them if that's the case.

fwiw I don't think scum would lurk. Gylander coming back at eod is a good example of this.

45. ISO #645

46. ISO #646

47. ISO #647

48. ISO #648

Maybe because he doesnt want to get lynched? I think I have seen some people consider Kovath a viable Lynch.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

49. ISO #649

50. ISO #650