Challenge: Makes These Roles Work
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Challenge: Makes These Roles Work

Hopefully, I'm wrong. But I myself deem it impossible making a setup with these 2 working:

Publishing Cop
    You can choose once per game to investigate someone if they are a member of the Mafia.
    Because you are a sheriff and payed with tax money, your investigation results are made public.
    Mafia Publisher
    You can once per game publish a fake announcement whether someone is member of mafia or not.

The PROBLEM, as I see it (am I wrong?):

• For the PC to not be overpowered - the setup requires the MP counterpart.
    • The MP needs to claim PC when using his power. And as such - the setup requires(yes?) a guaranteed Tailor(as one that was in Mags game) whenever a MP is randed.
    • Since no MP would ever announce "Mafia is Mafia" - a suspicious player would become Confirmed whenever the Town chooses to Lynch the MP.

The 2nd one isn't a problem. But 1+3 means that the MP is a problematic role (alsi, they can only use their power at mylo, right?) which also is a necessary role.

I can imagine that maybe I'm thinking about this "balance issue" too simplistically. For example, players like Frinckles can adapt to situations well as Mafia i think, so it's no biggie. But like... the way I see it - a setup with these 2 roles makes the game for Mafia harder for no other reason than someone putting those roles in the setup.

The roles are from here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cop
    A Publishing Cop functions as a normal Cop, but its results are presented anonymously by the moderator to the game as a whole. This has been subverted by allowing the Mafia to publish fake results as if they were coming from a Publishing Cop.
    Sadly no links to a working setup.

Do you agree? Is it hard to make these roles work in a setup? They just seem so fun tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 2nd, 2019 at 09:06 AM.