Slow games for the Christmas Holiday season
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Slow games for the Christmas Holiday season

I think it would be lovely to end the year with a slow setup which's day phases last up to 10 IRL days.
    I don't know, there is just something romantic about the thought of it.
    Slow games in the Christmas and holiday season..

It would also encourage the to make deeper reads on people, and the to plan further ahead and think more about their actions.

It would be like a new "game mode"? What -Mafia- is to FM - FM would be to this mode.

Consider this post a Setup Request.

2. ISO #2

Re: Slow games for the Christmas Holiday season

On a more negative note - this is a community based on a, almost, 10 years old game. It's like this is a nursing home for old people, where most people have died and the remaining ones are a little slow. So the survivors can only play really slow games.

(ok, bad joke. I suck at jokes. )

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I think it would be lovely to end the year with a slow setup which's day phases last up to 10 IRL days.
    I don't know, there is just something romantic about the thought of it.
    Slow games in the Christmas and holiday season..

It would also encourage the to make deeper reads on people, and the to plan further ahead and think more about their actions.

It would be like a new "game mode"? What -Mafia- is to FM - FM would be to this mode.

Consider this post a Setup Request.
    Short reply of what my hopes are: YES.

If more people show interest for this, it would be great to have such a game hosted. The only thing I disagree with is that it would be a new game mode. 2 IRL days or 10 IRL days is more or less the same thing, just with more posts to consider. The gameplay would remain more or less the same, unlike in "the mod versus FM". The only thing I could see that would be drastically different in plays would be long-standing gambits that would last less than a full game day, but could last for 5 IRL days, for example.

This is definitely an interesting idea, and I already had that in mind for the future. That being said, I do not know if it will happen during the holidays; that depends on the playerbase's size and interest.

To everyone : If you'd really love to see something like that hosted, or if you have suggestions about it, let me know about your interest!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

RIP this idea, ohh well. Slower games I think even I could play. xD

@Marshmallow Marshall
    By the way, what's your thoughts on this setup: Nightless + every player is a Tree Stump?
    It sounds fun to me, but just - it's a serious serious buff, since only Town benefits from everyone being a Tree Stump.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

RIP this idea, ohh well. Slower games I think even I could play. xD

@Marshmallow Marshall
    By the way, what's your thoughts on this setup: Nightless + every player is a Tree Stump?
    It sounds fun to me, but just - it's a serious serious buff, since only Town benefits from everyone being a Tree Stump.
    Not RIP this idea at all, don't you worry.

Three stumps went in a forest... ok no. By definition, a Tree Stump cannot vote. A nightless setup with everyone being a Tree Stump is just... a troll setup, no?
    You might mean a Nightless setup in which everyone is a Vanilla role.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Not RIP this idea at all, don't you worry.

Three stumps went in a forest... ok no. By definition, a Tree Stump cannot vote. A nightless setup with everyone being a Tree Stump is just... a troll setup, no?
    You might mean a Nightless setup in which everyone is a Vanilla role.
    I was lead to believe that tree stumps happen when the players die:
    The Tree Stump will, upon death, no longer be allowed to cast any votes or use any abilities they might have had, but may still continue to post. They count as a dead player for parity purposes.
    They are dead Stumps essentially.

8. ISO #8

I was lead to believe that tree stumps happen when the players die: They are dead Stumps essentially.
    Oh, you mean a game in which everyone remains as a ghost? Lol, that would be horribly town-sided, and probably trolly and spammy. I like the idea of one person or two having the role, but not everyone, because... imagine 13 players posting as if they were all alive, but on D4. The game would reach the 10k posts mark easily.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

You damn crazy person lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Was planning on hosting my Holiday themed setup for what its worth. And its 14 player, so plenty of room for everyone.
    Once approved, it might be fitting for that we'll see. PM me if you'd like to arrange something like that.