S-FM Silent Night (14P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I thought S-FM simply means 13 players or less.
    ^ Indeed. "Simple" FMs have had much more complicated mechanics than that in the past. This is not a big FM, and I think that even though it is a 14P, it goes under the S-FM category, because it is far from having the size and hugeness the big FMs have (see the FM Archive for examples, you'll understand what I mean).
    And indeed, Frinckles, as a first-time host, you would not be authorized to host a big FM.

    I have edited the thread's title to class it as S-FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  2. #22

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    GOOD THING MM SLEPT THROUGH THE REVIEW

    Fixing it in the morning.
    Umm... heresy? We discussed some changes on Discord lol. Speaking of which:


    The Ornamentalist is being left with unlimited charges? There is a big risk of an overpowered role that would cause the game to be mechanics-solved, instead of solved by reads. Plus, the action isn't really based on the skill of the Ornamentalist, and creates a strange dilemma of "do I use my action or do I use the ornament" for power roles. It can also be made useless if the Ornament goes to a scum. I suggest that they are replaced with the Oracle/Snitch role (visits a player at night, if the Oracle dies the target's role is revealed).

    Lynch immunity two days in a row is extremely overpowered and anti-fun. There is absolutely no way around the immunity given by the Angel. One charge of it would be enough. The neutral role must not be THAT influential, especially not as a quite benign role.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  3. #23

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Umm... heresy? We discussed some changes on Discord lol. Speaking of which:


    The Ornamentalist is being left with unlimited charges? There is a big risk of an overpowered role that would cause the game to be mechanics-solved, instead of solved by reads. Plus, the action isn't really based on the skill of the Ornamentalist, and creates a strange dilemma of "do I use my action or do I use the ornament" for power roles. It can also be made useless if the Ornament goes to a scum. I suggest that they are replaced with the Oracle/Snitch role (visits a player at night, if the Oracle dies the target's role is revealed).

    Lynch immunity two days in a row is extremely overpowered and anti-fun. There is absolutely no way around the immunity given by the Angel. One charge of it would be enough. The neutral role must not be THAT influential, especially not as a quite benign role.
    Ornamentalist is changed to Oracle -- I just kept the name because it seemed festive.

    Angel reduced to once charge.

  4. #24

  5. #25

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    The last 2 lines, I understand none of it.
    • When did he get an Ornament
    • When did he visit someone with the Ornament
    • "Appears as citizen to themselves" - are they an investigative role?
    • What does it mean that they appear in death?


    • In the OoO, Ornamentalist happens before the Mafia kill. The "before being killed" part - it refers to their target, right?
      • "it will do nothing" - what would it had done otherwise?
    • It would be nice if this card said what the Ornament does. Since it cannot reveal an Actress, I assume it can reveal something?
      • Though, it's probably more likely just a "Actress won't have a shattered ornament at their door stop if ornamentalist dies"



    It doesn't matter of course. But, me personally, I would prefer:
    • "If that player" to be replaced by "If your target".
    • "Carol" to be replaced by "Song/Sing".



    They using dating websites?


    Is the Consort notified of that?


    I think the question is in reverse, right? Because Angel's target is pre determined by the host?


    How did the Angel die?
    -The Sleepwalker will not be told they are a Sleepwalker. They will just be told that they are a Holiday Citizen. When a Sleepwalker dies, their role will reveal as Sleepwalker.

    -The Ornamentalist needs to target somebody before their Ornament is actually useful. For instance, a role-block would cause them to not target anyone. The Ornament reveals a player's role and alignment when the Ornamentalist dies. Also it says "If you are killed by any means, the Ornament will shatter and reveal the role of the last player you targeted."

    -Caroler Fixed.

    -Lover/Heartbreaker: Love transcends distance. <3 Also, not being able to love (and subsequently dying because of a hooker) would feel bad.

    -Consort is not notified if their target could not be roleblocked.

    -Angels die if their target dies.

    Hope that helps.

  6. #26

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Ornamentalist is changed to Oracle -- I just kept the name because it seemed festive.

    Angel reduced to once charge.
    After these changes and some other minor things, the setup is good to go.

    Approved. The Queue will be updated shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  7. #27

    Re: FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    -The Sleepwalker will not be told they are a Sleepwalker. They will just be told that they are a Holiday Citizen. When a Sleepwalker dies, their role will reveal as Sleepwalker.

    -The Ornamentalist needs to target somebody before their Ornament is actually useful. For instance, a role-block would cause them to not target anyone. The Ornament reveals a player's role and alignment when the Ornamentalist dies. Also it says "If you are killed by any means, the Ornament will shatter and reveal the role of the last player you targeted."

    -Caroler Fixed.

    -Lover/Heartbreaker: Love transcends distance. <3 Also, not being able to love (and subsequently dying because of a hooker) would feel bad.

    -Consort is not notified if their target could not be roleblocked.

    -Angels die if their target dies.

    Hope that helps.
    @Frinckles
    I can't find in the Angels role card where it says that their life is connected to the ones they protect.

    Otherwise no more questions.

    I personally would had worded
    If you are unable to target a player with the Ornament before being killed, it will do nothing.
    differently, but that's the only thing.

  8. #28

  9. #29

  10. #30

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    -No lynch mechanics.

    -No Possible Feedback list.

    -Is not said whether the Mafia have a day chat. (if they don’t have a day chat, then it’s worth noting that it’s not specified whether they know their teammates or not, but I guess no setup has it specified?)

    -Angels role card says “You are a benevolent angel, watching over a patron of the Holiday Party.”, while 3 town role cards say “You are a patron of the Holiday Party.”.
    Angel’s target can be any alignment or role. Obvious confusion incoming.

    -Maybe this is nitpicking, but it’s not specified wether or not Angel knows anything about their target.

    -Lover and Heartbreaker are not in the OoO. It doesn’t matter for Heartbreaker though since town has no night kill.

    -“Deaths from Heartbreak occur at the end of each night.” - In the case of Lovers target getting lynched, poor Lover can’t join the graveyard chat for 24 more hours.
    I wonder what’s the reason for that line anyway?


    -While the List Makers interaction with Actress is clarified in the role card, the same cannot be said about the Caroler.

    -Can we take a moment and appreciate what a strange name the List Maker is? His name is Caroler’s action in a sense, while his own action is a combination of Sleuth and Parity Cop.

    -It would be nice to know if the Consorts target gets notified. It could get ugly for the RB'ed Caroler, if the Caroler targets a citizen.

    -This line in the Angels role card: “this protection also prevents death via heartbreak.” - I view it as possibly prolematic because Angel's target can also be Lover.
    @OzyWho

    I've gone ahead and made some additions to clarify anything missed with the setup.

    - Deaths from Heartbreak occur at the end of each night to let power roles do their job on more time. Also it lets the Angel possibly safe it's target if they would die.

    - List Maker's role is originally named Justice. It was changed to fit more thematically with the setup; who is "naughty" and "nice" as they find out differences in alignment.

    - I added that to the feedback section. Consort & Sleepwalker are both implemented to prevent carols from always getting to citizens.

    - The angel protecting a lover works out just the same, not sure what you mean.

    Please check over it and let me know if I missed anything.

  11. #31

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Ozy probably meant that you did not include the lynch system (majority, plurality, plurality + majority, condorcet, etc.), which was missing and that I had apparently missed too lol.

    I think the main cause of confusion in this game, and probably one of the only legitimate question fields, was about the Actress - Caroler and List-Maker interactions. Putting a clear explaination of the interaction between these roles in the Caroler's rolecard would be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  12. #32

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Ozy probably meant that you did not include the lynch system (majority, plurality, plurality + majority, condorcet, etc.), which was missing and that I had apparently missed too lol.

    I think the main cause of confusion in this game, and probably one of the only legitimate question fields, was about the Actress - Caroler and List-Maker interactions. Putting a clear explaination of the interaction between these roles in the Caroler's rolecard would be a good idea.
    Is what I've added clear? I can make a section for it.

  13. #33

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    You should specify the lynch system with the word "majority" or "plurality" or "plurality + majority" or "condorcet" in mechanics.

    "Acting will not prevent you from appearing in a carol" doesn't mean much, since literally anyone can appear in a carol.

    I think the rest is ok, but you still didn't touch the Angel's way of saving people.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

  14. #34

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You should specify the lynch system with the word "majority" or "plurality" or "plurality + majority" or "condorcet" in mechanics.

    "Acting will not prevent you from appearing in a carol" doesn't mean much, since literally anyone can appear in a carol.

    I think the rest is ok, but you still didn't touch the Angel's way of saving people.
    That means acting doesn't change your alignment for the purposes of a carol being created.

    For angel I'm thinking of giving it two uses. If used during day, the target is immune following night. If used at night, lynchproof the following day. Still requires timing, but more flexibility. So they can do double lynch immunity, or double night immunity or whatever combination.

  15. #35

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    That means acting doesn't change your alignment for the purposes of a carol being created.



    For angel I'm thinking of giving it two uses. If used during day, the target is immune following night. If used at night, lynchproof the following day. Still requires timing, but more flexibility. So they can do double lynch immunity, or double night immunity or whatever combination.

    The wording you just used is more clear imo.

    Nice! Good idea.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; February 5th, 2020 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Whoops, wrong account. This is MM.

  16. #36

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Actress description updated.

    Angel modified.
    Holiday Angel
    You are a benevolent angel, watching over a someone attending the Holiday Party.
    At the beginning of the game, you will be given a random player who you must protect - you will not learn their role.
    You are able to use your ability during the day or at night, in order to protect your target after a delay.
    If used during the day you will make your target night immune following night. If used at night, your target will become lynch-proof the following day.

    You may use this ability twice and it can be used if you are dead.
    Your target will know when they have become protect, but not by who.
    You will die if you target dies.
    You win if your target survives until the end of the game, regardless of whether they win.
    You cannot be role-blocked.
    The action of protecting your target does not count as a visit.[/B]
    Bolded portions are new.
    Last edited by Frinckles; February 5th, 2020 at 03:21 PM.

  17. #37

  18. #38

    Re: S-FM Silent Night (14P)

    Also, phase lenght is needed (I assume it's 48/24).

    Other than that, I think it's good to go. Did ozy want to suggest anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I want to drink your blood, vomit it out, and then spell out the words "FAKE BITCH" with it

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •