Random FM thoughts
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Random FM thoughts

    Feel free to post any random FM thoughts you have



    • RVS is boring and uninteresting for Townies, while the Mafia are enjoying it.


    • There are 2 types of Townies: analysts and readers. Ones who prefer analyzing and ones who prefer to "reading people". Some players are good at both, some are good at none - but everyone has only 1 preference. (really skeptical on this thought of mine)


    • SoD2 has, on average, the most analysis posts than any other game phase. There's is more to analyze later on in games, but SoD2 has the most players posting their analysis because: 1) more players alive; 2) N1 is the easiest time in the game to do analysis.


    • The easiest time for town cores to form is SoD2, when people start posting their analysis and some of them are near identical.


    • Day1 is more filled with interactions while other days have more analysis to them. And since there is nothing more boring than to read 100+ analysis in a row when you already know the answer - Day1 is the most enjoyable day for Mafia.


    • Most of the time, Mafia are more Phlegmatic while Townies are more Sanguine. Also, Mafia rarely are aggressive.


    • Newbie Mafias have tunnel vision.

  2. #2

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    As townie, you can read and reread posts many times over by considering different things every time. If lucky - can get a moment of clarity of the player.
    Even though, in theory, townies have the potential of devoting large amounts of energy and time on reading the game thread - reading the game thread is still infinitely more tedious for Mafia.

  3. #3

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Those who think: "everyone is townie until proven scum" - will have stronger beliefs in people they townread.

    Those who think: "everyone is scum until proven town" - will generally mistrust people.

    Those who look for intentions first will scumread most.

    Those who look in emotions first will townread most.

  4. #4

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    I used to have serious doubts about the efficacy of RVS in scumhunting when I played.

    One game I RVS'd my only scummate in <10 posts (yolo) and, later on, people who used RVS became reluctant to group us as a scumteam because of it, even though their reasoning suggested we were scum together.

    After that, I heard people theorizing that maybe you're more likely to RVS your scumteam than not(?)

    idk... I see it as the in-game equivalent of a "star-sign" - it can start a nice conversation, but it's not actually relevant to anything. imho, scums are most likely to screw up when placed in situations where the "correct" reaction is unclear, not situations they're highly familiar with lol.

    Tho, there are much better / more experienced players than me who use it so maybe I'm subconsciously giving away everything with my RVS's XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  5. #5

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I used to have serious doubts about the efficacy of RVS in scumhunting when I played.

    One game I RVS'd my only scummate in <10 posts (yolo) and, later on, people who used RVS became reluctant to group us as a scumteam because of it, even though their reasoning suggested we were scum together.

    After that, I heard people theorizing that maybe you're more likely to RVS your scumteam than not(?)

    idk... I see it as the in-game equivalent of a "star-sign" - it can start a nice conversation, but it's not actually relevant to anything. imho, scums are most likely to screw up when placed in situations where the "correct" reaction is unclear, not situations they're highly familiar with lol.

    Tho, there are much better / more experienced players than me who use it so maybe I'm subconsciously giving away everything with my RVS's XD.
    I always hard push my teammates. It's easier to find legit reasons to be scumreading your teammates for.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  6. #6

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    RVS is meant to start a discussion. Its usefulness depends on the amount of involvement of everyone, and the skill at RVSing of the scum team. However, and I will always stand by this, it is never useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  7. #7

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Hosts hosting majority voting basically translates to "Fuck you town".
    Indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  11. #11

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I used to have serious doubts about the efficacy of RVS in scumhunting when I played.

    One game I RVS'd my only scummate in <10 posts (yolo) and, later on, people who used RVS became reluctant to group us as a scumteam because of it, even though their reasoning suggested we were scum together.

    After that, I heard people theorizing that maybe you're more likely to RVS your scumteam than not(?)

    idk... I see it as the in-game equivalent of a "star-sign" - it can start a nice conversation, but it's not actually relevant to anything. imho, scums are most likely to screw up when placed in situations where the "correct" reaction is unclear, not situations they're highly familiar with lol.

    Tho, there are much better / more experienced players than me who use it so maybe I'm subconsciously giving away everything with my RVS's XD.
    I definitely agree here that scumslips happen when scum doesn't know how to react. And to get there you just gotta pull those random gambits and votes. You also learn the most for yourself with that kinda plays, as a somewhat basic principle of wifom.

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I always hard push my teammates. It's easier to find legit reasons to be scumreading your teammates for.
    Ohh. My last paragraph in #1 wasn't that accurate then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Random thought: I fucking hate people who get off of telling others how much they suck
    I also dislike it when people play the victim.
    Are there any non-new players who do that? Hard to imagine.

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Re: Random FM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Ohh. My last paragraph in #1 wasn't that accurate then.
    Are there any non-new players who do that? Hard to imagine.
    not on this site, its not common here, but it's fairly common on other Mafia sites.
    I think FM attracts lots of snowflake-types lol, its fortunately not the case here though.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •