Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: You are not afk color abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    People abusing the you are not afk in red color now and then they type nothing to troll people thinking its the real message.

This is really annoying, can be labeled name color abuse?

https://prntscr.com/pwrbzq
    You're a spoilsport and your complaining is encouraging me to join them
    I Like Ice Cream

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Abuse requires any advantage one can gain from that though. The message in that screenshot there seems like pure trolling with no purpose on the other hand
    he tricks eveyone to think they get the You are AFK message and causes everyone to type. thats totally abuse of the name color system.

And i find this annoying. he is abusing one of the mechanisms in the game with his name color. thats not why we have name colors.

We dont want game to be influenced and changed because of people doing this and we dont want the game to be annoying af.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

6. ISO #6

he tricks eveyone to think they get the You are AFK message and causes everyone to type. thats totally abuse of the name color system.

And i find this annoying. he is abusing one of the mechanisms in the game with his name color. thats not why we have name colors.

We dont want game to be influenced and changed because of people doing this and we dont want the game to be annoying af.
    What advantage could the player who typed that gain in your opinion?
    I get that he tricked people, but what does them typing in -notafk give him? For it to be abuse he'd have to gain something game-relevant for himself from the colors that he couldn't have gained without them. Like a confirmation or PMs with roles they wouldn't have gained otherwise for example.

7. ISO #7

Cool Re: You are not afk color abuse?

Since when do we support making the game annoying as hell and supporting trolls?

Thats the only reason i need. and its not supposed to be like that, this is not why we added colored names to the game.

Simply me finding it very annoying because i get tricked to think i am afk because its an in game messaging system, thats More than enough for a No no, ur not gonna use that as name and trick people.

why are you supporting this like seriously? What are the benefits of having people using this name? its only gonna do 1 thing and thats making people Leave this game and having Less players.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; November 14th, 2019 at 10:22 PM.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

It's entirely the call of administration for how to deal with this topic, this is just my opinion from someone who develops the mod.

I'm not okay with people imitating system messages. I see it as a way to manipulate the game regardless of if it gives a tactical advantage because you're tricking other players into believing a third-party entity is giving them information. System messages are intended to notify players of what the game-state for different players; some who needs to be more active, or a person inevitably have a heart attack by having parenthesis around their name.

I understand things like this aren't always done maliciously but this opens the door to people who will think they have a free pass to do stuff like this;

ADMIN: Hue hue I will ben you.

(Vincentio The Stupid)

warning messages etc.

Worse, it makes system messages lose actual meaning. If we said it was okay for a laugh and it wasn't some form of abuse, how long until you have 4+ people in a game doing it just to annoy others? What about the Serial Killer who didn't want to speak the entire game who is now inclined to type -notafk out loud?

What implications does such behavior have on future updates / system messages? Let's take an imaginary role that could perform a day action like shooting someone etc. or voting someone up -- suddenly their messages can be abused and misleading. It causes confusing and detracts from the game simply enough.

12. ISO #12

I'm not part of the decision process at all, so consider me as a non-staff member when considering this reply.

100% agreed with Frinckles' points here. Colors are meant to add some cosmetic fun, not to open the door to the things Frinckles mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

This is the outcome i was expecting, people took my word and simply added more context to it.
    So everyone has agreed with me https://prntscr.com/pxn08b

Il start telling people who's doing this to stop.

Good thing we have more mature people here who doesn't want the game to look like kindergarden.

15. ISO #15

This is the outcome i was expecting, people took my word and simply added more context to it.
    So everyone has agreed with me https://prntscr.com/pxn08b
    Thanks for the print screen. God forgive if we mistakenly aknowledged the wrong person to be the voice of reason in these trying times.
    Il start telling people who's doing this to stop.
    Glad we have someone responsible as you here to teach others how to behave correctly.
    Good thing we have more mature people here who doesn't want the game to look like kindergarden.
    Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want a kindergarden. Like for example someone making a temper tantrum about being lynched as Mayor when not revealing.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Since when do we support making the game annoying as hell and supporting trolls?

Thats the only reason i need. and its not supposed to be like that, this is not why we added colored names to the game.

Simply me finding it very annoying because i get tricked to think i am afk because its an in game messaging system, thats More than enough for a No no, ur not gonna use that as name and trick people.

why are you supporting this like seriously? What are the benefits of having people using this name? its only gonna do 1 thing and thats making people Leave this game and having Less players.
    First time here?