S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle! - Page 34
Register

User Tag List

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 700
  1. #661

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Take nothing I said in the game personally. You played fairly well.

    Something town needs to realize is that you need to work as a unit. Not only do you need to find the scum, you also need to convince the other townies, who have their own thoughts and opinions which can vary wildly from yours, that the scums are who they are. It’s not only finding them, it’s catching them too, and you need to work with your team to do that.

    Ozy figured who the scum was but imo failed to capitalize on the catching of them. He got way to abrasive and made one of the scums able to literally just dump large amounts of pathos and essentially clear himself that way. At the end of the day, it didn’t matter because my partner was absent, but I was literally completely out of the lynch pool in a theoretical longer game.

    You have to remember the people you are playing against are people, and will behave as such. If you insult them, that damages your character. The poetry post, while funny, only had a negative effect on you. The post where you called everyone out didn’t help you at all either. You essentially assassinated your own character at the end of the day, and if I had more time to dedicate to the game/my partner had more time to dedicate to the game I really could see this easily going the other way.
    ^ this. I had time to read some of it, and going more or less into personal attacks is literally never good, both for the game and for yourself. You did play logically very well, though. Gg
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER

  2. #662

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    I was just convinced that MM wouldnt be this AFK as scum but i guess its an external thing and not really his fault.
    I don't control power outages, unfortunately =(
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Even though I don't think this was like a real game, it was still game enough for me to learn/remember that FM isn't for me. I'm sure some will be happy to hear it.

    2 comments:
    1) Efe didn't scumslip in his first post of the game? Go figure..

    2) rumox really surprised me. At first I was like "is this guy even trying?", but later I was like: "holy shit that's some good analysis right there!"


    Also, mag had a great read on mm with the emotion thing. Really made me feel safe about mm being the maf.
    Nah, this wasn't really a normal game. The scum team was mostly inactive (I was, at least, and Stealth wasn't top poster or similar), you had Efe making a weird post... I don't think this counts towards "am I made for FM or not". If you decide to get in another game, you're welcome!
    p.s. posting poetry to more or less insult people is usually not a good point on this site ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER

  3. #663

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    tbh I donít think Stealth couldíve capitalized on that. I didnít townread Stealth for that post he made in response to Ozy but I do feel that the post was at least partially in line with what Stealth was feeling. I wouldíve been hard pressed to believe Ozy wouldíve attacked a player like that as scum, very few people would do that.

    that being said I think the scum team fucked up by overreacting to Ozys initial push on them, and what this game has done is show the importance of pushing as many people as possible, scum do not always slip up unless you push them I feel.
    of the things Stealth said, I feel he only started slipping after Ozy pushed him. I.e when he professed disbelief in the existence of two sheriffs
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  4. #664

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    tbh I donít think Stealth couldíve capitalized on that.
    He did convince Huey with pathos.

    Every time I'm trying to contemplate that fact... my brain just stops working. It's like it's completely out of the range of my possible thought processing. Like out of this world. How can someone get convinced by emotion when there is a rational counter part to it?
    In my brain it's like something that should be completely impossible... but it's not.

    Another strange thing, but at least this one I can fathom: when a potential suspect makes false statements of past actions in the game, without providing evidence, and someone just goes ahead and trusts them on their word, without fact-checking, and betting the game on it.

  5. #665

  6. #666

  7. #667

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    He did convince Huey with pathos.

    Every time I'm trying to contemplate that fact... my brain just stops working. It's like it's completely out of the range of my possible thought processing. Like out of this world. How can someone get convinced by emotion when there is a rational counter part to it?
    In my brain it's like something that should be completely impossible... but it's not.

    Another strange thing, but at least this one I can fathom: when a potential suspect makes false statements of past actions in the game, without providing evidence, and someone just goes ahead and trusts them on their word, without fact-checking, and betting the game on it.
    The statements I made about people calling me out for activity in previous games were all true.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    FUCK you have no idea how many marshmallows I just swallowed. I opened my mouth far too wide and ended up swallowing a shittonne of those bad boys all at once. I can still feel it all slowly sinking down my throat.
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  8. #668

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    But yeah this game goes so much deeper than you realize
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    FUCK you have no idea how many marshmallows I just swallowed. I opened my mouth far too wide and ended up swallowing a shittonne of those bad boys all at once. I can still feel it all slowly sinking down my throat.
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  9. #669

  10. #670

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    My favorite post in the game:

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I'm bored. I wanna ask 2 game theory questions:

    1) Does the games(FM) dynamic dictate that the AFK player will always be the scummiest because everyone else(mafia) are consistently working on their public image?

    2) Is this a valid argument?
    You are so lazy, you don't even try to scumhunt. Therefore you are scum yourself.
    Obviously it's an unethical statement if directed towards someone who has 12 hour work shifts. But, in practice, does the argument itself have a merit to it?
    1) I think people will always be suspicious of an afk player, simply because they havenít been given any reason not to suspect them. But in most games people will try to lynch their top active scum reads before going for afks. But when you get to LYLO I think you kind of get stuck. And I figure the average person would rather lose to an active player than to an afk player so you end up being biased towards the afk

    2) I donít think itís valid. I think itís fair to distrust such a person and basically hold them as a null read, but I donít think it should make them into a scum read.

  11. #671

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Mm trying to pretend he didn’t know Mag had claimed sheriff was pretty funny.
    I actually thought he had been fakeclaiming. Yes, it made no sense, but in my haste of reading (because yes, the power outage was real, I don't make that kind of things up), I didn't really notice that it made no sense for him to be fakeclaiming... So yeah. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER

  12. #672

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    He did convince Huey with pathos.

    Every time I'm trying to contemplate that fact... my brain just stops working. It's like it's completely out of the range of my possible thought processing. Like out of this world. How can someone get convinced by emotion when there is a rational counter part to it?
    In my brain it's like something that should be completely impossible... but it's not.

    Another strange thing, but at least this one I can fathom: when a potential suspect makes false statements of past actions in the game, without providing evidence, and someone just goes ahead and trusts them on their word, without fact-checking, and betting the game on it.
    That's because you're completely heartless, obviously
    But seriously, pathos does work, and it works more than you'd think because human beings are not completely logical beings. I learnt that in Naz's game, and that's what I want to explore a bit in the next game (No, I'm not going to manipulate everyone with AtE lol). There's a reason logos is not the only part of rhethorics.

    Your early pushing on everyone was really well played, btw. It pretty much started the fire; you just REALLY need to be careful to not start a "flaming fire", a.k.a. toxicity/dirty AtE and all, because that's just not fun or nice, and not only that, it's just not effective. People don't listen to players they don't like.

    ...And here I am giving tips to the winners when I just lost miserably, so I'll stop xD
    I'll leave the thread here for a bit if people want to discuss, since the post-game discussion seems to be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER

  13. #673

  14. #674

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Did people actually accuse MM of being scum bc he had out of concrete game excuses for inactivity?
    For over 24 hours, yep, exactly. But I played badly when I came back anyway, so it's more my fault than theirs lol. Still though, if they hadn't jumped on me for having a power outage, I wouldn't have been pushed that much and might have had a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER

  15. #675

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    although i will say, 2 sheriff bois with different bois seems a tad OP for the town. I think a more active scum team could of exploited that.
    If i was scum i would of followed Mags claim, claim the same and then use that to try and lynch Ozy.
    I had recommended to Blink to try it out. Trusting eachother yielded a 4/8 clear but getting to that level of trust was what we were skeptical about. I wasnt able to pay much attention but inactivity seemed to hurt mafia.. a counterclaim would have been ideal.

  16. #676

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I had recommended to Blink to try it out. Trusting eachother yielded a 4/8 clear but getting to that level of trust was what we were skeptical about. I wasnt able to pay much attention but inactivity seemed to hurt mafia.. a counterclaim would have been ideal.
    Yeah if i was scum i would of claimed cop on Efe and then back up Mags claim and go against Ozy using Balance reasoning as to why we wouldnt have 4 confirmed town.
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

  17. #677

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Did people actually accuse MM of being scum bc he had out of concrete game excuses for inactivity?
    I think they really got buried when someone called out stealth for being in the thread multiple times without replying to anything and then suddenly he started posting again right when MM finally reappeared. It just made it a bit too obvious
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  18. #678

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I think they really got buried when someone called out stealth for being in the thread multiple times without replying to anything and then suddenly he started posting again right when MM finally reappeared. It just made it a bit too obvious
    Lol I actually didnít notice that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  19. #679

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    I mean the lack of a counterclaim until way too late made the 2 sheriffs reasonably trustworthy. At that point the only people not confirmed are huey yagami stealth and mm. Huey screamed town as soon as he came in, and many people were meta reading light as town, so it kind of leaves the scum team from simple process of elimination. I don't think it was just because mm was afk that he got on the chopping block, there just wasn't really anybody else to consider tbh
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  20. #680

    Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I mean the lack of a counterclaim until way too late made the 2 sheriffs reasonably trustworthy. At that point the only people not confirmed are huey yagami stealth and mm. Huey screamed town as soon as he came in, and many people were meta reading light as town, so it kind of leaves the scum team from simple process of elimination. I don't think it was just because mm was afk that he got on the chopping block, there just wasn't really anybody else to consider tbh
    I think a miracle could have been pulled off by utilizing their private chat. It'd only take one of them to claim cop to throw the town into disarray.

    ..or maybe not, who knows. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •