1. ISO #1

S-FM ?krc

UNLIMITED POWER

Hidden Random
    ad infinitum

Rules
    All standard SFM rules apply.
    All bets are off.
    If you go inactive I give your IP to a middle schooler who likes to DDoS things.

I am making addendums and small changes to this setup for the second run. All changes are written in red.

The Boring Shit
    48 hour days.
    24 hour nights.
    Last wills allowed.
    Death notes are required. Failure to submit one with your killing action will result in public shaming.
    Suicide is allowed.
    Lynch is host's choice, although I recommend plurality or condorcet to force lynches.

Special Mechanics
    The game will be played on anonymous accounts.
    Upon signing up, the players will send a rolecard and a picture that they made in MSPaint (preferably low quality) to the host. Your image will be used as your avatar and can have no correlation with your role if you choose.
    The rolecards submitted will be administered throughout the game. Each rolecard will be used.
    Failure to submit a rolecard or mspaint art will result in me drawing or making something for you.
    Rolecards may be edited for balance reasons but that's boring as fuck don't worry. You won't be notified if your rolecard is edited.
    Upon a player's death, the rolecard they received and the rolecard they submitted will be revealed.
    After 50% of the game's players have died, the dead players may vote to decide to reveal all of the rolecards. However, if they choose to do so, I'll create some additional fake rolecards of my own to put in there. After their rolecard is revealed, players may still not say which one they submitted.
    Player's anonymous account names will be given by showing the pictures to my friend's younger sibling and having him pick the names. Hopefully they aren't all related to minecraft or roblox.
    The winners will receive MS paint art created by the host.
    The MVP will receive a $10 roblox gift card.

Rolecard rules
    Your rolecard should not be balanced for a specific faction. There will be a town and a single mafia faction this game, and additional neutrals as I see fit. I'm not confirming this anymore. There will be a town. There will be at least one non-town. Have fun.
    I will hand balance the game with the roles submitted. God help us all.
    Unlike other thousand rolecard games, you cannot reroll your roll.
    Wording issues in your rolecard can and will be exploited.
    Your rolecard can be as complex as you'd like. I welcome it. Did you see the shit I submitted for 1.5krc? shits busted Please keep your rolecard under 750 words. If you wish to go over or if you have more complex mechanics that genuinely need more words, contact the host.
    You are not allowed to share the role you submitted in any chats. Day, night or factional. If you do, I will smite you.
    Keep in mind that
    1. Someone has to use the thing you submit. Nobody wants to be a citizen. Citizens are boring. This game isn't.
    2. Someone has to be on the receiving end of the thing you submit. Try not to restrict player's actions in boring ways. Vanilla blackmailer or vote stealer roles are strictly banned. I will permit roles that restrict the way a player can communicate in funny or interesting ways. Amuse me.
    3. Your role may die early. Not everyone can make it to the promised land.
    4. Someone has to play support.
    5. Don't submit roles that we've already seen before or that are blatantly overpowered. Roles from the mod or from the compendium are BANNED. Roles from previous "thousand rolecard" games are BANNED. Roles from other S-FMs are BANNED (with maybe light exception).

I am legally obligated to say that the Town faction must win by eliminating the Mafia faction and that the Mafia faction must win by obtaining vote majority.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; July 18th, 2021 at 12:38 PM. Reason: FIXED TYPO
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: S-FM ?krc

What do you mean by "All bets are off"?
    I'm not sure I can accept the DDoS attacks ;)
    Gambling (even though it's a Roblox card lol) isn't really encouraged, even though it is allowed. I doubt people will be toxic over it anyway, but I'd suggest removing that part and using that gift card yourself (or giving it as a reward to your artist :P).

Suicide allowed for good reasons only? Just so people don't suicide because they don't like their roles.
    One rolecard per player only?
    What are the alignment's wincons? That is required.

Is reusing a role from a previous edition of thousand rolecards setup allowed?
    "The winner will..." Is there only one winner?
    How will the OoO work? I assume you'll balance it yourself?

The nature of the setup excludes it from being on the Ladder. It should be taken as a light-hearted game, not as a serious one (although forum rules still apply).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Rolecards are always "randomed"
    Indeed; else, people would try to guess what the Host wanted to do with people's personality and playstyle, which isn't the idea of any game at all and arguably falls under angleshooting.

Also, you will need to change the password of @Rylai , @Stealthbomber16 . Players who were in the archon could log in the account and cheat by reading PMs. I will take care of the archon status part.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    What do you mean by "All bets are off"?
    This is not a serious game and as such I'm not expecting people to take it extremely seriously. I will keep a level of healthiness present in the game.
    I'm not sure I can accept the DDoS attacks ;)
    I'm not sure I can accept people going afk in the most important game of the year
    Gambling (even though it's a Roblox card lol) isn't really encouraged, even though it is allowed. I doubt people will be toxic over it anyway, but I'd suggest removing that part and using that gift card yourself (or giving it as a reward to your artist :P).
    It's not gambling, it's a reward for winning. Think of it as surprise mechanics.
    Also I'm gonna draw the winner banner myself.

Suicide allowed for good reasons only? Just so people don't suicide because they don't like their roles.
    Yeah
    One rolecard per player only?
    lol
    What are the alignment's wincons? That is required.
    standard stuff, will add it

Is reusing a role from a previous edition of thousand rolecards setup allowed?
    Ehhh, I encourage people to make new roles but unused ones I'll let slide if they made it or if the role is Krun Dipthorn
    "The winner will..." Is there only one winner?
    whoops
    How will the OoO work? I assume you'll balance it yourself?
    i'll hand do it

The nature of the setup excludes it from being on the Ladder. It should be taken as a light-hearted game, not as a serious one (although forum rules still apply).
    aa

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    aa
    Wrongly worded, sorry : One SUMBITTED rolecard per player only? Like, can you sumbit one thousand rolecards for real in PM

And if you're going to make the winner banner yourself, GIVE YOURSELF GIFT CARDS!

Also, to avoid being legally obligated to do "boring" (and necessary) things, along with having a much better setup layout and a more enjoyable game, I suggest everyone reads this guide (Before you sumbit your setup) and this one (FM Host's Guide). Both were recently updated.

10. ISO #10

Wrongly worded, sorry : One SUMBITTED rolecard per player only? Like, can you sumbit one thousand rolecards for real in PM

And if you're going to make the winner banner yourself, GIVE YOURSELF GIFT CARDS!

Also, to avoid being legally obligated to do "boring" (and necessary) things, along with having a much better setup layout and a more enjoyable game, I suggest everyone reads this guide (Before you sumbit your setup) and this one (FM Host's Guide). Both were recently updated.
    Yeah just one role per player will be taken but I suppose if they want to give me multiple and let me pick which one they want me to use that’s fine

11. ISO #11

Yeah just one role per player will be taken but I suppose if they want to give me multiple and let me pick which one they want me to use that’s fine
    Well, that's the point of thousand rolecards, so I'd say it will probably happen.

Questions related to the concern below : Do people flip?
    What's the nature of the flip? (Just the name, the entire rolecard, name + alignment, etc.)

Concern : If the game gets to final 3, and that you are alive, and did not see your sumbitted rolecard flip, you can know that it is present in the game and it can influence your actions (for example, if it's some crazy role that changes the person that will be lynched under X conditions). In the example given, you can even know what to do to prevent a night action simply because you were the one who sumbitted the rolecard; you cannot forget that knowledge, and asking players to forget that they sumbitted a rolecard doesn't really work. Did you plan something for those situations?

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

take a guess as to what role I would submit upon signing

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I'm guessing citizen.
    -vote unvote

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

lmao

15. ISO #15

Don't you dare WIFOMing the roles you're going to sumbit, or even the fact that you're signing or not... :P

16. ISO #16
    Ganelon

don't worry, I'm sure Stealth wouldn't even accept it

17. ISO #17

don't worry, I'm sure Stealth wouldn't even accept it
    MORE WIFOM >=O

18. ISO #18

we've reached terminal 8 wifom

Well, that's the point of thousand rolecards, so I'd say it will probably happen.

Questions related to the concern below : Do people flip?
    What's the nature of the flip? (Just the name, the entire rolecard, name + alignment, etc.)

Concern : If the game gets to final 3, and that you are alive, and did not see your sumbitted rolecard flip, you can know that it is present in the game and it can influence your actions (for example, if it's some crazy role that changes the person that will be lynched under X conditions). In the example given, you can even know what to do to prevent a night action simply because you were the one who sumbitted the rolecard; you cannot forget that knowledge, and asking players to forget that they sumbitted a rolecard doesn't really work. Did you plan something for those situations?
    valid concern. i may consider fucking with the idea of revealing all the rolecards at MYLO/LYLO

19. ISO #19

we've reached terminal 8 wifom

valid concern. i may consider fucking with the idea of revealing all the rolecards at MYLO/LYLO
    Given that the rolecards may be horribly weird, it might be hard to determine when MYLO/LYLO is, though. I suggest adding a bank of rolecards, some being yours and some being others's, and revealing that on D1 or D2.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Everything should be hidden imo
    But then you're back with the concern mentioned above. Do you have a suggestion to fix the issue?

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

But what about non-squirrels?

I meant to imply the following : the result is a potentially huge advantage for something that is due to purely accidental (not random, but it has the same effect) situations.

25. ISO #25

But what about non-squirrels?

I meant to imply the following : the result is a potentially huge advantage for something that is due to purely accidental (not random, but it has the same effect) situations.
    What if you deduced the player was the role you created day one and manipulated him all the way into the F3? End result seems plausible to me.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    What if you deduced the player was the role you created day one and manipulated him all the way into the F3? End result seems plausible to me.
    Possible, but it doesn't exist the possibility of random plays; plus, it's still an advantage based on what you created and that only you knows. Revealing a role pool doesn't stop anything interesting if there are fake ones added into the mix.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Can't ppl just roleclaim? If someone lies one person will in most cases know then
    Yes, which is why I was suggesting to add "noise roles" in the game, or simply more roles than just one per sign.

30. ISO #30

I think it'd be better to just not allow any roles that have conditions to them which would give the creator an advantage.
    Stealth already put in the rules that revealing which role you created is forbidden, so even if you get in the final 3 and didn't see your role flip you'd never know who of the other 2 faked their claim.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

The issue I see with your idea, unless I misunderstand it, is that it restricts rolecard freedom by a lot, which is probably the greatest sin possible in a "bring your own role" setup.

We could have all roles in the Role Compendium, and any combination of these roles (host balanced, obviously) as a possibility. It would cover all issues, I believe.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Adding filler roles and at the same time removing handmade roles with pictures made by the players is an incredibly bigger degradation to the games quality imo.
    I didn't say to remove handmade roles, that would kill the setup. Simply to add some possibliities. But your suggestion with random works really well, I'm for it.

36. ISO #36

Here’s my decision. Will update the setup to reflect this later.
    1. On a player’s death, their rolecard will be fully revealed.
    2. In addition, the rolecard that the dead player submitted will also be fully revealed, but not who has it.
    3. Once 40-50% of the players are dead, they may vote to decide to release the remaining roles to the public. Amongst the released roles will be some random bullshit roles which I have made, which are not in the setup. This is to prevent a mass claim scenario.

37. ISO #37

Here’s my decision. Will update the setup to reflect this later.
    1. On a player’s death, their rolecard will be fully revealed.
    2. In addition, the rolecard that the dead player submitted will also be fully revealed, but not who has it.
    3. Once 40-50% of the players are dead, they may vote to decide to release the remaining roles to the public. Amongst the released roles will be some random bullshit roles which I have made, which are not in the setup. This is to prevent a mass claim scenario.
    Great, I agree with this. Mention me once the setup will be updated, I'll review it again and will approve if it's ready, which I think it will be.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

I thought I had already posted it, but apparently I didn't... It's probably my poor internet again, sorry.

As always, this kind of setup is not suitable for any Ladder season, and should not be seen as overly serious (while the FM Rules still apply). Under these conditions, the setup seems enjoyable, so it is Approved.

You may post signups when Magoroth's game, The Agency : Chapter I, will be finished.

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

If anyone would like to host this again, be my guest. Otherwise I would like to submit this to host after Bio-Med finishes.
    double posting to tag @Marshmallow Marshall

42. ISO #42

double posting to tag @Marshmallow Marshall
    Noted, adding you to the Queue.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

!!! adding you to the Queue!

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

I still want to host this but I’m worried about my availability- anyone willing to cohost?
    I'm willing if you need it. <3

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

Absolutely. I’ll be taking you up on this. Thank you.
    Not a problem!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    God bless the mighty AIVION.
    And Their beautiful kitty :3