Register

User Tag List

Adding a Standard Save Playlist

One really awful drawback of the current meta is the lack of save variety, because everyone does 933 or 8331.

A simple solution is to add a SOTD Playlist just for "Standard" (read: 933/8331) saves, where every active SC2Mafia player can submit their versions of the tried and beaten formulaic 8331/933, considering that having one standard save may not be enough, and achievement hunters would want to be able to play as mafia AND triad in a balanced setup without using up their save slot.

With all the boring 8331/933s being shoved into a seperate playlist, there will be less motivation to have such things for custom saves, allowing more unconventional saves like Clue, Cult vs Mason, or Triad vs Mafia to be a thing, or even quick achievement saves.

This idea was proposed instead of two save slots considering how people said having two save slots will break the game's code numerous times in the past.

Re: Adding a Standard Save Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    A simple solution is to add a SOTD Playlist just for "Standard" (read: 933/8331) saves, where every active SC2Mafia player can submit their versions of the tried and beaten formulaic 8331/933, considering that having one standard save may not be enough, and achievement hunters would want to be able to play as mafia AND triad in a balanced setup without using up their save slot.
    If you want a balanced setup playlist you can't include 8331 as one of them. You just can't claim that any save with Any Random included is balanced. You can't claim that save with same setup options will work perfectly fine if it will be 933 or 834 (especially with second neut evil).

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    If you want a balanced setup playlist you can't include 8331 as one of them. You just can't claim that any save with Any Random included is balanced. You can't claim that save with same setup options will work perfectly fine if it will be 933 or 834 (especially with second neut evil).
    i threw in 8331 because if any includes town, most of the time it becomes a 933. But, I threw in 8331 for a bigger reason, it's meta right now, similar enough to 933, and is just as well contributing to the game's stagnation

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I believe a 933 and 8331 standard setup has already been added by Frinckles
    Yes but i believe Grakylan asked for a 933/8331 playlist. So we could have a number of different 933/8331 on the one playlist to play variations of 933/8331. Setups just with different role setups and very little changes to slots like having 2 mafia randoms instead of support and deception. Not like sotd which is complete roulette at the moment of what type of setup you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    Yes but i believe Grakylan asked for a 933/8331 playlist. So we could have a number of different 933/8331 on the one playlist to play variations of 933/8331. Setups just with different role setups and very little changes to slots like having 2 mafia randoms instead of support and deception. Not like sotd which is complete roulette at the moment of what type of setup you will get.
    yea cuz im still concerned that someone out there, not even someone, but probably a large portion of the community would be displeased by the singular standard 933/8331 added and will still try and make their own variations.

especially if the standard save has for example mafia and people want to play triad for achievement hunting purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    One really awful drawback of the current meta is the lack of save variety, because everyone does 933 or 8331.

With all the boring 8331/933s being shoved into a seperate playlist, there will be less motivation to have such things for custom saves, allowing more unconventional saves like Clue, Cult vs Mason, or Triad vs Mafia to be a thing, or even quick achievement saves.

This idea was proposed instead of two save slots considering how people said having two save slots will break the game's code numerous times in the past.
    I actually like this idea of randomised 933/8331 variants that functions like SOTD. While 933 and 8331 is the meta, there is always niche setting changes that give each spin off their own flavour. It would also eliminate host being the only one aware of hidden mechanics for the most part if this feature was predominately used.

I can dig this.