Register

User Tag List

New Settings for Jailor/Kidnapper/Interrogator

In current meta, the jailor is supposed to be a powerful town role in theory, but when the town lynches everyday, hes useless if he doesnt get a good n1 jail.

So here's my suggestion

Add a couple role settings for Jailor/Kidnapper/Interrogator:

Can jail after lynch (100%/50%/0%) {Default: 0%}
    Can execute after lynch (ON/OFF {Default: OFF}

The point about jail after lynch having percentages is to make jailor slightly more powerful, but not too powerful. Instead of never or always being able to jail after a lynch, the host can set it so that if a lynch happened, the Jailor has a 50% chance to either successfully get their target or have him slip away from getting captured.
    If a lynch didn't happen, the chance is 100% as in current meta, and THAT NEVER CHANGES.

Now of course, these role options will be seperate for kidnapper/interrogator, in case the host wants to give advantages to those roles over jailor (example: guaranteed jail after lynch while jailor has 0-50% chance, or being able to execute after lynch while jailor cant)
    Last edited by Grakylan; August 2nd, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

Re: New Settings for Jailor/Kidnapper/Interrogator

What i would like to see is a setting for Kidnapper/Jailor that would expose him to protective roles. Right now kidnapper can kill every town role he wants no matter what and this is just too much. Not only he can gain informations, not only he can role block, not only he can easly claim Jailor, not only he can add additional kill for Mafia but he can kill literally anyone he wants (not even mentioning kidnappers killing colored names n1). It would be great if you could let Doctors heal Kidnapper/Jailor targets and maybe even let Bodyguards kill them like every other killing role. So i don't think they should get any buff, they are powerfull roles already.
    Last edited by RufusPL; August 2nd, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    What i would like to see is a setting for Kidnapper/Jailor that would expose him to protective roles. Right now kidnapper can kill every town role he wants no matter what and this is just too much. Not only he can gain informations, not only he can role block, not only he can easly claim Jailor, not only he can add additional kill for Mafia but he can kill literally anyone he wants (not even mentioning kidnappers killing colored names n1). It would be great if you could let Doctors heal Kidnapper/Jailor targets and maybe even let Bodyguards kill them like every other killing role. So i don't think they should get any buff, they are powerfull roles already.
    Kind of a bit off-topic relative to the suggestion I made. The thing I was complaining about with Jailor/Kidnapper/Interrogator is that if your n1 jail target doesn't go off saying "I GOT JAILED I GOT JAILED" day 2, than you are basically going to be useless 90% of the time as town will lynch as normally instead of -skipping to let the jailor do something.

So I wanted to provide options to alleviate it, and many different ones in order for hosts to seek a suitable balance for their save.

The thing is that not being able to jail after lynch is very important balancing factor. Jailor is easy to confirm, he is roleblocker and he can't be roleblocked, he can kill anyone and he has anonymous chat he needs some way of counterplay against him. Jailor is suppoused to help town find scums if they aren't able to do it during the day. Also he decreases amount of random lynching that happen just to not waste a day which is a good thing. And he is very strong role if he lives till the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Can jail after lynch (100%/50%/0%) {Default: 0%}
    Can execute after lynch (ON/OFF {Default: OFF}

The point about jail after lynch having percentages is to make jailor slightly more powerful, but not too powerful. Instead of never or always being able to jail after a lynch, the host can set it so that if a lynch happened, the Jailor has a 50% chance to either successfully get their target or have him slip away from getting captured.
    If a lynch didn't happen, the chance is 100% as in current meta, and THAT NEVER CHANGES.

Now of course, these role options will be seperate for kidnapper/interrogator, in case the host wants to give advantages to those roles over jailor (example: guaranteed jail after lynch while jailor has 0-50% chance, or being able to execute after lynch while jailor cant)

Introducing percentages erodes the deterministic nature of the game, not a good move imo. Few other things in the game are random (Jester suicide, what else?)

Could also make a change where there is a certain number of times jailer can jail and bypass lynchings in town altogether.
    Example:

Number of Jailings allowed: #
    Number of executions allowed: #

The above could be a perk that Jailer only gets where Interrogator & kidnapper can't jail if there is a lynching or add the above in to their regiment as well.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeX View Post
    Could also make a change where there is a certain number of times jailer can jail and bypass lynchings in town altogether.
    Example:

Number of Jailings allowed: #
    Number of executions allowed: #

The above could be a perk that Jailer only gets where Interrogator & kidnapper can't jail if there is a lynching or add the above in to their regiment as well.

Just a thought.
    I like that idea too for the sake of balance. Forces Jailor to be more cautious as to not just executing, but as to jailing.