Cop Tells
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Cop Tells

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Cop Tells

Do you think there are any specific cop/sheriff tells?

I've noticed that Investigative Roles and Vigs call for policy lynches a lot. But then that's not a Sheriff-only thing. Has anyone else noticed this?

If so, do you think this is a cop tell?

2. ISO #2

Re: Cop Tells

Being "over-surviving" as town, wanting to lay low while being towny, can be a cop tell. However, per their very nature, the cop tells are never certain. Cops want to hide, usually; if they don't, they will just claim. If a cop doesn't want to be found, he will be hiding, just like a scum would do. However, the intent and the display of that intent are very different from the ones of a scum.
    Cops will actually participate to the Town's activities, with the intent to solve, unlike scums.

Also, important distinction: Cops can be a lot of things. Role cops, parity cops, alignment cops... On the other hand, a Sheriff is another name for an alignment cop (that we use a lot here).
    This thread's topic (or at least, what I see as its topic) is cops, and not only sheriffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

It's interesting but I've noticed that about Mayors on the Mod too. They're always scummier than the rest.
    It's prolly got something to do with the Mayor a) being afraid of being lynched, or b) having an agenda. And mayors get railroaded hard if they fuck up, maybe thats also part of it.

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Being "over-surviving" as town, wanting to lay low while being towny, can be a cop tell. However, per their very nature, the cop tells are never certain. Cops want to hide, usually; if they don't, they will just claim. If a cop doesn't want to be found, he will be hiding, just like a scum would do. However, the intent and the display of that intent are very different from the ones of a scum.
    Cops will actually participate to the Town's activities, with the intent to solve, unlike scums.

Also, important distinction: Cops can be a lot of things. Role cops, parity cops, alignment cops... On the other hand, a Sheriff is another name for an alignment cop (that we use a lot here).
    This thread's topic (or at least, what I see as its topic) is cops, and not only sheriffs.
    I'm talking about investigative roles in general, of course. Not just Sheriffs.

Hm... wouldn't that be a PR tell in general though? I mean hypothetically speaking, no matter if you're a cop or a strong/important TPR you're gonna try and make it through the day. But yes.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I'm talking about investigative roles in general, of course. Not just Sheriffs.

Hm... wouldn't that be a PR tell in general though? I mean hypothetically speaking, no matter if you're a cop or a strong/important TPR you're gonna try and make it through the day. But yes.
    Fair, Doctors and their variants will do that, too. Roles like Architects tend not to do that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.