S-FM 434 Spirits IIb - Page 12
Register

User Tag List

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1389
  1. #221

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I mean, he's made a big deal about each soft claim and what should be done with them even though he's usually the type of guy to scream "DO NOT DISCUSS THIS! WIFOM!". And he has said don't discuss but also still continued to discuss it anyway. So I would say it does look like he's looking for a nice juicy target
    I did that, yes. I have learnt how to discuss things without screwing everyone's WIFOM; you may not know, since I mostly played on other sites while there were none here/while I was dead. The possibilities are still here to explore and be a nuisance to the scum, but I'm laying out the uses for town of each claim, while strenghtening their WIFOM in ways that I won't talk about for the sake of the strategy.

    I also think that it is an insult to my play to say that I couldn't find a nice juicy target without trying to lure people onto one person in a setup with a mass murderer-ish role...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    His last words shall be remembered.

    “There is nothing more spacious than the church of God, because all the elect and the just of all ages comprise it.” – Pope Clement XI

    Amen

  2. #222

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I've never seen you say "Theory disagreement" before and now you've used it like 5 times in this one game. What is even the purpose of saying that? Is it meant to try to make anything you say that could be scummy into a NAI post instead?
    "Then you must have gotten new glasses lately, milady, for I have been writing like this since many months now."

    =)

    (=
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    His last words shall be remembered.

    “There is nothing more spacious than the church of God, because all the elect and the just of all ages comprise it.” – Pope Clement XI

    Amen

  3. #223

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by ZergSoupYum View Post
    I wasn't looking to buddy MM, was just reading him as town. Should I not side with the person that I think is town? I agree with his logic in a lot of parts (probably my inner sheep baaing) even though I probably shouldn't be taking the early claim from Stealth so seriously, but I like his thoughts.
    Umm... If you're speaking truth:

    Normal inner sheep : baah

    Your inner sheep : BAA FUCKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!


    Unless we really think in a similar way, which is still a possibility, you are lying right now. As Aamirus said, your townread post on me was quite strong lol, even though it was a joke/compliment/other stuff that doesn't look scummy ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    His last words shall be remembered.

    “There is nothing more spacious than the church of God, because all the elect and the just of all ages comprise it.” – Pope Clement XI

    Amen

  4. #224

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Come on, "MM HAS SOLVED THE GAME ON THE FIRST PAGE!" is a bit much for "I like his thoughts"
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    -vote ZergSoupYum

    You are not a sheep, you are a wolf
    This feels like pure Aamirus, btw. +some town points, nothing carved in stone though
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    His last words shall be remembered.

    “There is nothing more spacious than the church of God, because all the elect and the just of all ages comprise it.” – Pope Clement XI

    Amen

  5. #225

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by ZergSoupYum View Post
    That comment was supposed to be a joke about his meta. I remember someone in a previous FM saying that MM loves solving early, and his big boy post on the first page made me think of his town meta. I'm also not smart enough to read as deep as he did into Stealth's early claim, so it was a compliment too.

    I definitely came across as buddying him too hard. I don't plan on buddying MM, but I still read him as town.
    “I believe no normal person would derive so much personality around one thing that I have done, unless that man is a trained psychiatrist. The Marshall is most notably not a trained psychiatrist. I don’t believe this man is who he says he is.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    please stop shitposting
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  6. #226

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I think he just meant to ask you the aim of your roleplay.

    So you think I'm the Virus? Honestly, if I were the Virus (or a wolf), I'd just straight up discredit your RP claim

    Also, I'm not focusing you, you were simply the only actually active player when game started. Gotta start somewhere, eh? Plus, your "soft" claim has started the discussion.




    "I did not call for anyone to protect you : you indeed seem skilled in combat (and the spiritualist's potential results would be screwed). You seem to focus a lot on what's happening to yourself. Would you mind opening your mind to the others? What do you think of Noctiz, for example? He has been dancing around that campfire for hours now, chanting incomprehensible things..."
    “My commentary on sir NoctiZ is limited, mostly because a lot of what he says pertains to me and you, and his feelings are shared with several other people. I think Noctiz is a valued member of this community at the moment, and the persecution placed against him is not warranted nor useful.”

    I look around

    “I think I’m going to rest in the inn and think things over for a while. If I see you in the meantime, Marshall, I shall think you are asking for my blade.” I make a light nod toward it, still sheathed upon my back, as I begin to walk down the dusty street, toward the inn, where I have made accommodations for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    please stop shitposting
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  7. #227

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    DRUNK POSTS!!!


    ok:

    @NoctiZ came off weird AF. His responses so far seem somemwhat forced, and it ended up in a long excuse of why he wont be able to be active; yet this came after scumreads. hard to judge off it but i cant help but make a small note there. w/e. Everyone was RPing and he made a forced, sarcastic RP post but still had no content.

    @Marshmallow Marshall is straight up in his town meta. I will not be lynching that slot today.

    @Stealthbomber16 I will not be lynching either, his intro alone is a reason for him not to be a D1 lynch. sure scum can/does do that, but im not about to force a PR claim or out a citizen about to take a hit for a PR (good luck wolves, choice is on you here).

    @ZergSoupYum came off opportunistic, so this is definitely an option.

    @Healta : welcome to Forum Mafia grasping at the game still so everyone should expect to let the new player adjust. we dont get enough of them here so we gotta treasure, coddle, and provide a warm, happy environment for growth. my vote wont go there today.

    @aamirus : This slot is a scumread. Usually Aamirus is full blown open wolfing (as town) and trolling about it. I don't see much of that, but it does exist. Scumread.

    @Damus_Graves : hopefully all is going well and ur wolves are pinging the shit out of u in wolf chat to get ur ass here and post.

    @Huey The Long : You are a new player here, but obviously not in Mafia. You are playing pro-town, however that is easy to do as scum. I'm going to remain skeptical of you for the fact you are not posting like a noob at all; as i said, you know how to play this game. I want to see more from you!!!

    @Light_Yagami : not voting this slot today. The intro explains it, no further detail needed since we have enough people in here to know what im referencing.

    @MafiaMenace : your in this game?? amg get the fuck in here >=O

    @AIVION null. If you are town, PLEASE contribute more. I really, really hate sifting through AFKs to try to figure out what to do with them.

    Honestly on that note, Vigi, feel free to shoot AFKs. They are always scapegoated endgame, may as well just clear the PoE now. N1/N2 are the only nights we can do that. any other night turns into huge consequence/gambles on those kinds of shots.

    @Milkjjh ? whats this?

    For now, im comfortable here
    -vote noctiz


    I really got pinged by 'fake-play'. @NoctiZ can you explain why you think MM is scum?

  8. #228

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    I really got pinged by 'fake-play'. @NoctiZ can you explain why you think MM is scum?
    You're projecting. I never outright said MM is scum

    Y'all don't seem to realize but all I did was put my vote on MM to force some talk about why he felt the need to TPR hunt, in this case specifically regarding Stealth. Stealth is doing his own kind of gambit by RPing the way he is where he may or may not be crumbing hints. Talking about it is, you know, necessary in a way but it's also contraproductive to whatever he himself is trying to do. What we can discuss is whether we think Stealth is scummy or not by playing the way he is, whatever. MMs big first post on Stealth however felt really forced to me. Not genuine in his attempt to try and contribute to town winning, all he cared about in my opinion was establishing his position as someone who's trying to make himself seem like a valued player.

    Now, I really didn't wanna do this but some people really wanna hear details on why or how I agree with the conclusions of that post themselves. I'll go through it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hmm, what a way to start the game.

    The questions that are to be asked now are:

    - What are the benefits to claim Hunter as town hunter? As town non-hunter? And as scum?
    - Should we believe his claim?
    - Should the Spritualist check him?
    - Should the Shaman guard him?


    Benefits to claim as town hunter

    Being able to confirm yourself without being CC'd, as a confirmed town, knowing that there is a shaman to save you if Mafia tries to kill you. That's pretty strong IMO.
    True, but not what'll happen. In the case that Stealth is Hunter, he might still not be protected since there is no real way to confirm him and he'd have to gather trust first to make someone heal him. At the very least we'd have to wait until he decides to shoot someone and even then, how can we be sure that he is the Hunter that took the shot and not someone else lying? Mag already said we won't know details of who killed who. That means claiming Hunter as Hunter is a huge gambit and I don't ever see that happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Benefits to claim as town anything but hunter

    Shield the real TPRs. That's a WIFOM possiblity that I will not discuss further, since we can trust him anyway if that's what he's doing. I also ask to not discuss that point.
    That is very true, but you're already discussing every other point, making your own point quite moot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Benefits to claim as scum

    Quite few, actually. All what is going to happen is, at best, a 1-1 trade of scum and town, which is bad for scum.
    Only if he'd actually insist on the Hunter claim in the case of a counter claim. Which, firstly I don't think we will get a counter claim any time soon and secondly, Stealth wouldn't insist on being Hunter in case he actually lied about it, no matter if he's a faking town Citizen or scum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Should we believe his claim : I definetly do, 99 % for me.
    Well I'm glad you can say that so confidently this early into this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Should the Spiritualist check him?

    I don't think he's much of a doubt slot now, so no, not really. Plus...

    Should the Shaman guard him?

    Probably, given the high likelihood that he is town. Plus, it would prevent the Spiritualist from getting false positives because of the Shaman. That being said, I'm leaving the WIFOM open here too, and this should probably not be discussed much more.
    You're really not leaving a lot of WIFOM open after a post like that and discussing night actions and trying to influence them like that is also really scummy. This is nearly open wolfing in my eyes and I'll leave it up to the reader to decide if it's too obvious to be scummy or if it's a misguided town member.


    All in all, it strikes me as a scummy post. Low-effort, no genuine conclusions IMO and very disruptive to town's success. Now, do I think MM is scum? I don't know. Apart from this he has been pretty active which is NAI but he created more discussion that way I guess. Is that enough to say he's not scum however? The resulting discussions from his activity haven't been very productive to further our knowledge or help us trying to figure out the game. I wouldn't feel bad about a MM lynch but I also see one or two other possibilities today, especially cause I know that in the current state of the game, active D1 players are very unlikely to get lynched tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

  9. #229

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    DRUNK POSTS!!!


    ok:

    @NoctiZ came off weird AF. His responses so far seem somemwhat forced, and it ended up in a long excuse of why he wont be able to be active; yet this came after scumreads. hard to judge off it but i cant help but make a small note there. w/e. Everyone was RPing and he made a forced, sarcastic RP post but still had no content.

    @Marshmallow Marshall is straight up in his town meta. I will not be lynching that slot today.

    @Stealthbomber16 I will not be lynching either, his intro alone is a reason for him not to be a D1 lynch. sure scum can/does do that, but im not about to force a PR claim or out a citizen about to take a hit for a PR (good luck wolves, choice is on you here).

    @ZergSoupYum came off opportunistic, so this is definitely an option.

    @Healta : welcome to Forum Mafia grasping at the game still so everyone should expect to let the new player adjust. we dont get enough of them here so we gotta treasure, coddle, and provide a warm, happy environment for growth. my vote wont go there today.

    @aamirus : This slot is a scumread. Usually Aamirus is full blown open wolfing (as town) and trolling about it. I don't see much of that, but it does exist. Scumread.

    @Damus_Graves : hopefully all is going well and ur wolves are pinging the shit out of u in wolf chat to get ur ass here and post.

    @Huey The Long : You are a new player here, but obviously not in Mafia. You are playing pro-town, however that is easy to do as scum. I'm going to remain skeptical of you for the fact you are not posting like a noob at all; as i said, you know how to play this game. I want to see more from you!!!

    @Light_Yagami : not voting this slot today. The intro explains it, no further detail needed since we have enough people in here to know what im referencing.

    @MafiaMenace : your in this game?? amg get the fuck in here >=O

    @AIVION null. If you are town, PLEASE contribute more. I really, really hate sifting through AFKs to try to figure out what to do with them.

    Honestly on that note, Vigi, feel free to shoot AFKs. They are always scapegoated endgame, may as well just clear the PoE now. N1/N2 are the only nights we can do that. any other night turns into huge consequence/gambles on those kinds of shots.

    @Milkjjh ? whats this?

    For now, im comfortable here
    -vote noctiz


    I really got pinged by 'fake-play'. @NoctiZ can you explain why you think MM is scum?
    So to be clear, I’m scum because I haven’t claimed scum enough times so far?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  10. #230

  11. #231

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    You're projecting. I never outright said MM is scum

    Y'all don't seem to realize but all I did was put my vote on MM to force some talk about why he felt the need to TPR hunt, in this case specifically regarding Stealth. Stealth is doing his own kind of gambit by RPing the way he is where he may or may not be crumbing hints. Talking about it is, you know, necessary in a way but it's also contraproductive to whatever he himself is trying to do. What we can discuss is whether we think Stealth is scummy or not by playing the way he is, whatever. MMs big first post on Stealth however felt really forced to me. Not genuine in his attempt to try and contribute to town winning, all he cared about in my opinion was establishing his position as someone who's trying to make himself seem like a valued player.

    Now, I really didn't wanna do this but some people really wanna hear details on why or how I agree with the conclusions of that post themselves. I'll go through it:


    True, but not what'll happen. In the case that Stealth is Hunter, he might still not be protected since there is no real way to confirm him and he'd have to gather trust first to make someone heal him. At the very least we'd have to wait until he decides to shoot someone and even then, how can we be sure that he is the Hunter that took the shot and not someone else lying? Mag already said we won't know details of who killed who. That means claiming Hunter as Hunter is a huge gambit and I don't ever see that happening.


    That is very true, but you're already discussing every other point, making your own point quite moot.


    Only if he'd actually insist on the Hunter claim in the case of a counter claim. Which, firstly I don't think we will get a counter claim any time soon and secondly, Stealth wouldn't insist on being Hunter in case he actually lied about it, no matter if he's a faking town Citizen or scum.


    Well I'm glad you can say that so confidently this early into this game.



    You're really not leaving a lot of WIFOM open after a post like that and discussing night actions and trying to influence them like that is also really scummy. This is nearly open wolfing in my eyes and I'll leave it up to the reader to decide if it's too obvious to be scummy or if it's a misguided town member.


    All in all, it strikes me as a scummy post. Low-effort, no genuine conclusions IMO and very disruptive to town's success. Now, do I think MM is scum? I don't know. Apart from this he has been pretty active which is NAI but he created more discussion that way I guess. Is that enough to say he's not scum however? The resulting discussions from his activity haven't been very productive to further our knowledge or help us trying to figure out the game. I wouldn't feel bad about a MM lynch but I also see one or two other possibilities today, especially cause I know that in the current state of the game, active D1 players are very unlikely to get lynched tbh.
    In comparison, this post gives great content that aligns with everything I’ve been saying about MM. oddly distorted usually makes the better posts and noctiz likes to be sarcastic like me.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  12. #232

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    In comparison, this post gives great content that aligns with everything I’ve been saying about MM. oddly distorted usually makes the better posts and noctiz likes to be sarcastic like me.
    Have we even played all that much together? I don't even remember lol. I did try the sarcastic route but I guess people don't like it when it's a low activity sarcastic type of play style. Wcyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

  13. #233

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Have we even played all that much together? I don't even remember lol. I did try the sarcastic route but I guess people don't like it when it's a low activity sarcastic type of play style. Wcyd
    I’ve literally been day one lynched for it before even as there were other people with less content, I was still lynched for “lack of content”. At the end of the day if you’re even slightly rude to people they’ll just conveniently scum read you more than if you were sucking their dicks
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  14. #234

  15. #235

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Im relatively busy right now but i have a few comments to make after quickly reading over the situation.

    I noticed earlier discussion of the day 1 vote with the very new player, to me the day 1 vote is immensely useful and anybody who stands against the Day 1 vote (im looking at you Yagami with your skip vote) has some tinge of scum to them. With the day 1 vote it allows us to glean a lot of useful info both pre and post vote. Pre vote it is good pressure, when you have votes piling up on somebody they tend to shift their tone and actions which can indicate their alignment. Post vote it gives us the ability to better discern our position going into the second day. Yes we have a higher chance to hit a town player but only if we dont use day 1 effectively to try and discern the possible scum. In this setup in particular we have 2 chances to outright rid of a scum through vote (the 2 non godfather wolves) and 2 chances to find either the Alpha wolf or the virus on day 1. thats 4/13 or a 30% chance to get a scum with our first vote.

    Now if we do get a scum dead or identify a scum on day one with the vote that gives us a huge advantage as town. If we do kill a towns member with the vote then its not good, obviously we have lost a town member but it works to whittle down the number of players we have to identify allignment to and if it is a town then that chance to get a scum with a vote rises to 1/3rd or 33%.

    I saw Blink and MM speak about my talk on meta and i can see where you are coming from. In werewolf (Irl Mafia with cards and stuff) meta was used quite a lot and it made sense because you are all together but i dont know yall much so i will be looking at any use of meta with one eye closed at this point in time really.

    My only other comment is that i dont like the rp from Stealth, i feel this may just be myself but i dislike reading it and trying to discern it which may be the actual role of the roleplay to obstruct reading into stealth as well as we might be able to with normal speech, that combined with the claim which i spoke about earlier is not making stealth seem any less scummy to me at this moment in time,

  16. #236

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Im relatively busy right now but i have a few comments to make after quickly reading over the situation.

    I noticed earlier discussion of the day 1 vote with the very new player, to me the day 1 vote is immensely useful and anybody who stands against the Day 1 vote (im looking at you Yagami with your skip vote) has some tinge of scum to them. With the day 1 vote it allows us to glean a lot of useful info both pre and post vote. Pre vote it is good pressure, when you have votes piling up on somebody they tend to shift their tone and actions which can indicate their alignment. Post vote it gives us the ability to better discern our position going into the second day. Yes we have a higher chance to hit a town player but only if we dont use day 1 effectively to try and discern the possible scum. In this setup in particular we have 2 chances to outright rid of a scum through vote (the 2 non godfather wolves) and 2 chances to find either the Alpha wolf or the virus on day 1. thats 4/13 or a 30% chance to get a scum with our first vote.

    Now if we do get a scum dead or identify a scum on day one with the vote that gives us a huge advantage as town. If we do kill a towns member with the vote then its not good, obviously we have lost a town member but it works to whittle down the number of players we have to identify allignment to and if it is a town then that chance to get a scum with a vote rises to 1/3rd or 33%.

    I saw Blink and MM speak about my talk on meta and i can see where you are coming from. In werewolf (Irl Mafia with cards and stuff) meta was used quite a lot and it made sense because you are all together but i dont know yall much so i will be looking at any use of meta with one eye closed at this point in time really.

    My only other comment is that i dont like the rp from Stealth, i feel this may just be myself but i dislike reading it and trying to discern it which may be the actual role of the roleplay to obstruct reading into stealth as well as we might be able to with normal speech, that combined with the claim which i spoke about earlier is not making stealth seem any less scummy to me at this moment in time,
    To your first two paragraphs:
    The frantic pushing near EOD and ultimate lynch certainly often provides some of the greatest possible teammate info in the game. I won’t argue that with anybody. But your reasoning here is nonsensical. Basically you’re saying it’s good to lynch the whole town because then you’ll have the highest percent chance of lynching a scum come LYLO... I mean... technically statistically true but this is NOT why a day one lynch is good.

    To your meta comment: after initially going hard and saying meta is crap you’ve now 180ed on that and are just saying you won’t use it because you don’t know anybody. Well, it makes sense not to meta read people when you don’t know their meta. THAT is fair. The question is why you initially disparaged all meta reads as if you wanted nobody else to use them.

    And then the end of your big post is just yet another comment about Stealth’s roleplay, a topic that has been talked to death. Overall, I find your gigantic infrequent posts to be lacking in anything towny.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  17. #237

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    end of day is in like 8 hours I think? So I prolly won’t be on to participate in the wolf hunts so I’m going to leave my vote on
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    because I’m fairly convinced he’s the poisoner. I think Huey and ZergSoup are good targets as well.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  18. #238

  19. #239

    Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

    Quote Originally Posted by ZergSoupYum View Post
    That comment was supposed to be a joke about his meta. I remember someone in a previous FM saying that MM loves solving early, and his big boy post on the first page made me think of his town meta. I'm also not smart enough to read as deep as he did into Stealth's early claim, so it was a compliment too.

    I definitely came across as buddying him too hard. I don't plan on buddying MM, but I still read him as town.
    This is pretty scummy. It acknowledged your scummy behavior, didn’t make any reasonable town POV explaining for why the scummy behavior, suggested you will continue the scummy behavior again.
    All around you my top scum read st this moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Noctiz and stealth are town leans and I don’t think I’ve seen enough from anybody else for much of a read. Yagami and blinkstorted have posted a bit but I still have both as null
    Yagami has a town lean for me.
    Blink has a town lean for me for drunk posts and game theory. Distorted actually has scum equity currently with the awareness and acknowledgment of their meta play.
    Marshall has town lean for me, overall focus on game solvyness.
    NoctiZ has scum equity for casual discredit on Day one towards MM and overall passivity until prodded.

  20. #240

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •