S-FM 276 Spirits IIb - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 434 Spirits IIb

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    speaking of this @Marshmallow Marshall whats your read on my slot so far? this is my first time checking in and catching up.
    In reply to your SPAAAM asking what I think of your slot, I think it's townish for now. You both are trying to make reads and discussing the important stuff, not leaving anything aside (at least from what I've seen), so that's good.

Proceeds to put me in the scum list

I STILL SEE YOU AS TOWNISH :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #152

Marshalls theory about meta is correct. I could see a wolf Huey trying to throw "meta trashing" in there as a newer player to the group, not knowing any of our metas as a way to discredit our "meta influences" that we have with each other. Although his long "well thought out posts are fairly towny compared to all the other players posts so far, I will be watching that slot closely.
    I will be watching him too because I often fail for high effort, long posts...

However, I don't think the theory disagreement here is a reason to scumread him. I've seen a lot of people throw meta into the garbage pin every game, as any alignment. It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it scummy either. I have a low townread on this slot, even though, as I said, I'll watch him closely too.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #153

@Healta best thing you can do is tell us how you feel about certain players. If you think they are full of shit or just agreeing with the consensus don't be afraid to point that out and tell us why. Thats the best way to catch wolves IMO, as the game goes on it gets harder and harder for them to continue to fabricate leads and push twords mislynches. Players who don't contribute any of their own thoughts are often lynched aswell because they appear to be wolfy due to lack of their own content. That's a double edged sword though because townies will often do that due to lack of care or interest.

Basically just give us your thoughts and if I find you to be a villager I will do everything I can to save you.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly.

See that post as NAI (Not Alignment Indicative, which means it doesnt show if I'm town or scum), since this is more explaining the game than actually contributing, but anyway. Don't be afraid to push people, because in this game, there's nothing personal. It does look like a cliché, but it's still the truth :P

Pushing people is (in my opinion) the best way to gather information, which helps town finding the scum (AKA wolves if you're an heretic that plays werewolf instead of mafia... @blinkstorted ;) ). For example, what do you think about Noctiz's push at me, and his disagreement with my theory on Stealth?

@Stealthbomber16 i do like the roleplay because it adds an interesting quirk to making a read on a player. Are you just doing that to have fun with yagami? Or do you actually plan on providing content and reads nust via roleplay?
    I like it too! It's fun, and adds a new dimension to the game, reading-wise. I think he is seriously roleplaying here, though, because it actually has some quality and isn't sarcastic by essence (but I still want his reply to your question).

4. ISO #154

Noctiz and aamirus I have a slight scumlean on right now.

I get that it's only day one and they seem to just be jokingly playing around in thread which is fine. But I am a firm believer in day one lynches, and if nothing really revealing comes about i look to where content is or is not coming from, via players i know are quite capeable of producing it.

I'm not down to lynch players due to low posting although theres a little spot in hell for them next to the girls who practice anal sex. Low posting + good content is fine by me.
    I 100000000000% agree with this post, and could have typed it myself, honestly (minus the part about anal sex, even though I agree ^^)

Noctiz has a little bit more than jokingly played around the thread, though, because of his discredit with no reasoning given of my early post.

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Im Really Starting To Think DG Is Scum... Hmmmm... Only Because Normally He/She Would Have At Least Posted Once By Now.... Could Be Busy With Real Life Stuff So Just Speculation At This Point..

-vote Damus_Graves
    He hasn't showed up, that's NAI from him, especially since...

|
    v
    Damus usually likes to powerwolf as scum. So I take his lack of activity as NAI at this point. if anything more of a town tell....unfortunately
    yep
    Sounds In General Like You Are Budding MM Attacking NoctiZ And Protecting DG From My Point Of View..

Are You Scum..
    OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooookkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaayyy... this made absolutely no sense

1: How is he buddying me?
    2: How is he attacking NoctiZ (he didn't attack him more than Aamirus, so why did you not include her into it, too?) a scummy action?
    3: How is protecting Damus, someone who HAS NOT POSTED AT ALL THIS GAME, a scum tell?

That post is straight up horrible to me, and even though I always read you in a special way, I'm giving you scumpoints because that is absolute nonsense.

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by Healta View Post
    Yeah I can imagine the quiet ones being picked out first, it's much better to hide in plain sight and hope for the best. Coming from sc2 mafia I don't see how day 1 lynches can ever be useful, it's just a shot in the dark, so I'll abstain from any and all drama on day 1. And afterall, I am the new guy in town, gotta get my bearings.
    @Healta D1 (day one) lynches are always useful in FM. It's almost always the best thing to do, because it gives town a lot of info to work with. In the mod (the sc2 arcade map), you get most of your leads via night actions and role counting. In FM, you get most of your leads via daychat and vote analysis, which is basically looking at who voted who. The more lynches you have, the more this is efficient, usually. And the more discussion you have, the more info you can use to catch scum and lynch them. Lynch on D1 is one of the important differences between the mod and FM.

So, please, don't lay low today. I'm obviously not asking you to be the top poster and solve the game, but to give us your thoughts as much as you can. If we don't generate info, we won't have that much, even later in the game.

7. ISO #157

So, this is my 9th post in a row, and I am fully caught up + have commented on everything I wanted to comment on... and noone's here so I'll just get off.

I have something very important to say before that, though.

Spoiler : Very important thing!! :
    crocodile dundee > u all

8. ISO #158

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    @Healta D1 (day one) lynches are always useful in FM. It's almost always the best thing to do, because it gives town a lot of info to work with. In the mod (the sc2 arcade map), you get most of your leads via night actions and role counting. In FM, you get most of your leads via daychat and vote analysis, which is basically looking at who voted who. The more lynches you have, the more this is efficient, usually. And the more discussion you have, the more info you can use to catch scum and lynch them. Lynch on D1 is one of the important differences between the mod and FM.

So, please, don't lay low today. I'm obviously not asking you to be the top poster and solve the game, but to give us your thoughts as much as you can. If we don't generate info, we won't have that much, even later in the game.
    Thats Why Im In Favor Of The Day 1 No Lynch And Them Sheriffs If They Find Something... To Say What They Have Ta Say...

9. ISO #159

In reply to your SPAAAM asking what I think of your slot, I think it's townish for now. You both are trying to make reads and discussing the important stuff, not leaving anything aside (at least from what I've seen), so that's good.

Proceeds to put me in the scum list

I STILL SEE YOU AS TOWNISH :P
    oh gdi @Blinkstorteddd02 by the all-mighty meta, you are scum =( rip

10. ISO #160

This is town MM. I dont think there is 1 game where he is scum where he actually explains to people how to play or helps them progress like this. most scums do this, since its easy "helpful filler posts", but MM i am yet to see it from as scum.

11. ISO #161

Thats Why Im In Favor Of The Day 1 No Lynch And Them Sheriffs If They Find Something... To Say What They Have Ta Say...
    day 1 no-lynch MAY actually be a plausible idea worth exploring in this setup. however, there is risks with it. if sheriff is hit, then it becomes a wasted day where D1 starts on D2 with 1 less town influence; and most likely someone being poisoned during that time.

12. ISO #162

day 1 no-lynch MAY actually be a plausible idea worth exploring in this setup. however, there is risks with it. if sheriff is hit, then it becomes a wasted day where D1 starts on D2 with 1 less town influence; and most likely someone being poisoned during that time.
    13 players.

1 v 3 v 9

no lynch = 1 v 3 v 8

if a town happens to get poisoned:

1 v 3 v 7 on D2. if we mislynch / vigi fail shoots

1 v 3 v 4 on D3. pretty much putting us on a MYLO situation unless Virus has a scum poisoned in here.

that is worst case scenario.

13. ISO #163

13 players.

1 v 3 v 9

no lynch = 1 v 3 v 8

1 v 3 v 4 on D3. pretty much putting us on a MYLO situation unless Virus has a scum poisoned in here.

However, without a lynch we also lose the most crucial info from D1, which is the EoD lynch posting.... and it relieves pressure off the wolves for the remainder of tht day until N1, where they can talk/plan.

14. ISO #164

Thats Where You Take The Chance.. And Hope Sheriff/s Hits & Then Doc/s Hits Properly..

15. ISO #165

Thats Where You Take The Chance.. And Hope Sheriff/s Hits & Then Doc/s Hits Properly..
    lol, but the odds of that going like that. but, the good news with it is mafia will definitely not want that to happen. so they will hit some1 who is more susp in order to avoid the doc claim. or they will strongman 1 of the PR claims.

16. ISO #166

lol, but the odds of that going like that. but, the good news with it is mafia will definitely not want that to happen. so they will hit some1 who is more susp in order to avoid the doc claim. or they will strongman 1 of the PR claims.
    I Claim Mayor PM Me Roles And LWs...

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

Aite peep this real quick.

Yes i understand lynching a townie is bad day one if that happens.

However, the valuable info greatly out weighs the negative and i'll tell you why.
    - we could nail a a wolf day one. Nailing a wolf day one os like the creme della creme, the crown jewel of the fleet. Most (lazy, new, in-experienced) scum players will cheaply buss their wolf partners on day one if they are in trouble. This can be picked up on by us (villagers) and can usually be deduced with proper discussion.
    -The better more experienced scum players know when to try and save a wolf, and what better time to save a wolf then right at the start of the game? There are a few ways this generally happens. Either they directly defend their partner with lackluster reasoning and reasons that other players generally use first talking about their wolfmate. Like they will wait for a townie to say their wolfmate could be towny and then elaborate on that. Or another thinf wolves will do is try to switch the lynch onto a more inherently scummy player in the thread to take the heat off of theit partner without actually defending them. This we should also be able to see in the thread via us discussing.

None of this info can be attained if wr don't lynch someone day one, POE is our bestfriend here and not deducing what the fuck we think the poisioner guy is going to do.

20. ISO #170

Aite peep this real quick.

Yes i understand lynching a townie is bad day one if that happens.

However, the valuable info greatly out weighs the negative and i'll tell you why.
    - we could nail a a wolf day one. Nailing a wolf day one os like the creme della creme, the crown jewel of the fleet. Most (lazy, new, in-experienced) scum players will cheaply buss their wolf partners on day one if they are in trouble. This can be picked up on by us (villagers) and can usually be deduced with proper discussion.
    -The better more experienced scum players know when to try and save a wolf, and what better time to save a wolf then right at the start of the game? There are a few ways this generally happens. Either they directly defend their partner with lackluster reasoning and reasons that other players generally use first talking about their wolfmate. Like they will wait for a townie to say their wolfmate could be towny and then elaborate on that. Or another thinf wolves will do is try to switch the lynch onto a more inherently scummy player in the thread to take the heat off of theit partner without actually defending them. This we should also be able to see in the thread via us discussing.

None of this info can be attained if wr don't lynch someone day one, POE is our bestfriend here and not deducing what the fuck we think the poisioner guy is going to do.
    Yes But The Odds Of Hitting A Town Are Far Higher..

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

we can't rely on the sheriff 100%

what if he checks the alpha gets a clean read so he inadvertently defends the alpha all game not even realizing he is defending a wolf. And if the alpha ever flips, sheriff will look hella bad dude.

And you mean to tell me in a 13 player game you think the doc is correctly going to guess the nightkill exactly on day 1 to boot?

What if wolfs use their strongman kill?

Relying on mechanics in this save will get you no where fast.

Scum generally rely heavilynon mechanics and less on thread analysis.

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

Imagine blink wirhout losing his temper because he has distorted to converse with in an archon chat.

Imagine the experience and expertise in playing the game of mafia, and all of the meta they have combined into one slot?

You think scum will leave this slot alive to see day 2?
    so... we need to start breeding more squirrels in order to pass on our genetic information?

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

we can't rely on the sheriff 100%

what if he checks the alpha gets a clean read so he inadvertently defends the alpha all game not even realizing he is defending a wolf. And if the alpha ever flips, sheriff will look hella bad dude.

And you mean to tell me in a 13 player game you think the doc is correctly going to guess the nightkill exactly on day 1 to boot?

What if wolfs use their strongman kill?

Relying on mechanics in this save will get you no where fast.

Scum generally rely heavilynon mechanics and less on thread analysis.
    Then We Put Him Up For Role.. To See If He Lying.. But Seriously Just Lay It All On The Line Now..

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Ok so I'm back and fully ready to participate to the best of my ability

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    RP? I wanna RP too!

"owo wat's this. Wolves? OwO"

On a more serious note, I disagree with the conclusions that MM draws from the hunter "claim" made by Stealth and think it reeks of a load of bs. Hot take.
    Sure I can, I just did that. I also won't elaborate currently as it'll weaken any kind of WIFOM attempts by everyone here, making it easier for scum to find out the truth. I do not think it's vital to discuss it at the current stage of the game, but I did think it crucial to point out that I do not agree with your conclusions.
    I don't really like these Noctiz posts. I can see where he's coming from with how far MM reached with Stealth's RP claim, but he doesn't give an actual reason as to why the read is 'bs' and dodges giving a straight answer. I feel like it is pretty vital to discuss this at the current stage of the game, since day 1 posts bring us all of the information that we have without any hard intel from invest roles or deaths. In light of this:
    -vote NoctiZ

Time to catch up on further posts

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

Quote Originally Posted by ZergSoupYum View Post

I don't really like these Noctiz posts. I can see where he's coming from with how far MM reached with Stealth's RP claim, but he doesn't give an actual reason as to why the read is 'bs' and dodges giving a straight answer. I feel like it is pretty vital to discuss this at the current stage of the game, since day 1 posts bring us all of the information that we have without any hard intel from invest roles or deaths. In light of this:
    -vote NoctiZ

Keep Reading Scum.. Thats Kinda Quick For Your First Post..

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

Jesus, so much bad stuff in so little posts made. Lots of misreading, misunderstanding and misinterpreting. Unfortunately I have only just arrived home and gotta go straight to bed for work tomorrow. Honestly looking at my incoming two weeks I suddenly have a looot less available free time than I thought I would. So inb4 I'm gonna ask for a replacement.

Maybe I'll refute some shit after I wake up while at work. All I can say is that I don't necessarily think that Stealth's claim is BS or not, rather I'm focusing on MM and why he feels the need to TPR hunt Stealth's claim while also bringing conclusions that to me do not seem to be the logical conclusions one should be drawing or making. That's all for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

37. ISO #187

Jesus, so much bad stuff in so little posts made. Lots of misreading, misunderstanding and misinterpreting. Unfortunately I have only just arrived home and gotta go straight to bed for work tomorrow. Honestly looking at my incoming two weeks I suddenly have a looot less available free time than I thought I would. So inb4 I'm gonna ask for a replacement.

Maybe I'll refute some shit after I wake up while at work. All I can say is that I don't necessarily think that Stealth's claim is BS or not, rather I'm focusing on MM and why he feels the need to TPR hunt Stealth's claim while also bringing conclusions that to me do not seem to be the logical conclusions one should be drawing or making. That's all for now.
    So Can I Have Your Thoughts On The Situation?

38. ISO #188

If Your Scum Your Doing A Shit Job Hiding.. Maybe Just Say Hey Kira Im Head Wolf..

39. ISO #189

-vote NoctiZ

Hmmm figures did you get my ping in scumchat?

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

-vote NoctiZ

This seems like you took MM's reasoning and sheeped it into your own words. I take it you agree with MM's logic here then.

Could you maybe give me an "original" read on something?

What do you think about MM overall then is he towny to you?

Some people seem to think he was PR hunting a bit myself included do you agree?

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

@Stealthbomber16 i do like the roleplay because it adds an interesting quirk to making a read on a player. Are you just doing that to have fun with yagami? Or do you actually plan on providing content and reads nust via roleplay?
    "Do you mean to state that I'm currently not helping?" I arch an eyebrow. "It has not been very long. There are still 20 hours before the sun fades from the sky.

I do agree with your sentiments on the Marshall. He does quite forced. I don't believe he stands with the town, but I also do not believe he is a spirit. There is, perhaps, something darker there."

I turn to the Marshall.

"Why do you seem so taken with me? I know I am a fascinating individual but there are much more important things to discuss."

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

45. ISO #195

It doesn't seem like we are going to get anywhere with Noctiz tonight.

He did however say he was possibly going to give some content or replace out. I'll give this slot some time then.

For now
    -vote aamirus
    How did you do that with both me and zerg, posting right as we arrive in the thread? Did you somehow manipulate me to open the site right now? Anyway... why are you voting me?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

46. ISO #196

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    "Do you mean to state that I'm currently not helping?" I arch an eyebrow. "It has not been very long. There are still 20 hours before the sun fades from the sky.

I do agree with your sentiments on the Marshall. He does quite forced. I don't believe he stands with the town, but I also do not believe he is a spirit. There is, perhaps, something darker there."

I turn to the Marshall.

"Why do you seem so taken with me? I know I am a fascinating individual but there are much more important things to discuss."

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    He wants the godfather, strongman, and doc to all be on you tonight so that he can use his mass murderer ability on you, isn't that obvious?

47. ISO #197

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    He wants the godfather, strongman, and doc to all be on you tonight so that he can use his mass murderer ability on you, isn't that obvious?
    "So you believe that he also stands to gain from large quantities of people in one area? This could fall directly in line with why he is focusing so heavily on whether or not I should be protected.

And for the record, I am quite skilled in defending myself." I gesture to my katana, still in its sheath. "This is not just for display."

48. ISO #198

oh gdi @Blinkstorteddd02 by the all-mighty meta, you are scum =( rip
    This is town MM. I dont think there is 1 game where he is scum where he actually explains to people how to play or helps them progress like this. most scums do this, since its easy "helpful filler posts", but MM i am yet to see it from as scum.
    13 players.

1 v 3 v 9

no lynch = 1 v 3 v 8

However, without a lynch we also lose the most crucial info from D1, which is the EoD lynch posting.... and it relieves pressure off the wolves for the remainder of tht day until N1, where they can talk/plan.
    "My good man, you are arguing with yourself. Do you have multi-personality disorder?"

49. ISO #199

true but yagami has a point. looking at the setup it's a 933 minus the random neutrals but plus a couple of citizens. Honestly could probably be solved sc2mafia style...….

50. ISO #200

This seems like you took MM's reasoning and sheeped it into your own words. I take it you agree with MM's logic here then.

Could you maybe give me an "original" read on something?

What do you think about MM overall then is he towny to you?

Some people seem to think he was PR hunting a bit myself included do you agree?
    I can give it a shot - I may not be new but still pretty bad

I townread MM, yes. I think that his analysis is really strong, and I think he's the main force pushing this game forwards, which is a townread for me. He could be powerwolfing, but it seems to me like he's trying to be a strong town player and bait out scummy posts. I personally don't think he was PR hunting as much as just trying to analyze Stealth's awkward RP claim.

In the same respect, I townread you. Mainly for the discussion about PR hunting with MM, which I see as TvT. Your posts about the mechanics and the ideal/worst case scenario day/night sequence I also found towny.

Honestly, I'm probably just a sheep looking at the high posting players who use a lot of words

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.