Register

User Tag List

Some Neutral Roles

Farseer (Cult - Support??)

Description: You are an evil psychic, using your telepathic powers to lead the town astray.

Night Ability: Target a player at night, learning what feedback they received that night.

Option a) Receives a copy of target's feedback (Default: On)

Option b) 2 uses (Default: Off)

Option c) 3 uses (Default: On)

Option d) 4 uses (Default: Off)

If Option a is turned off, the Farseer will merely be told what sort of action their target performed that night (e.g., investigating, attacking, protecting etc).

Possible Crimes: Conspiracy

The idea behind this role is that it would help Cult identify new targets for conversion. It would also make cult a more interesting faction, as right now they are little more than evil citizens with a night chat.

Lawyer (Neutral Evil)

Night Ability: Read a player's last will.

You may modify their last will. You can only do this X times.

Wincon: Survive and see the Town lose the game.

Possible Crimes: Corruption and Trespassing.

Electromaniac (Neutral Evil/Killing)

Night Ability: Charge two players at night. If they visit each other, they will both die.

Option a) Ignores night immunity (Default: On)

Option b) Invulnerable at night (Default: On)

Option c) Immune to detection (Default:??)

Option d) Victims know they are charged (Default: On)
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

Re: Some Neutral Roles

how would lawyer work?

if he edits a LW of someone still alive, does it lock the player from editing their LW? in that case, cant they just spam their real LW before dying?
    Would it just leave the player to write their LW, but once they die they drop the Lawyer's edited LW?

if he edits a LW of someone dead, it probably won't help, since real LW will have been shown already and be recorded in the logs.

Pretty sure lawyer would be only able to target alive players.
    I’m curious about the weakness of the role considering a player can always just remake their last will. Perhaps it’s a role that may be better suited to mafia faction ? Or as a janitor mechanic.

Or perhaps it functions as a mechanic that replaces a last will with the lawyers version. That is actually worth discussion

On lawyer:
    I like LW manipulation on a mafia deception role. Pick a person during the day and manipulate their LW at night while Mafioso/GF goes to kill that person.. clear yourself or allies or incriminate others etc.
    Problem is it becomes worse than janitor in almost every way. As a neutral evil it doesn't do enough to win via LW manipulation even in late game scenarios that have no killing roles left. It'd be similar to an auditor claiming he is now a citizen, but instead you'd just delete your lw and say you were sued or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Pretty sure lawyer would be only able to target alive players.
    Iím curious about the weakness of the role considering a player can always just remake their last will. Perhaps itís a role that may be better suited to mafia faction ? Or as a janitor mechanic.

Or perhaps it functions as a mechanic that replaces a last will with the lawyers version. That is actually worth discussion
    Hmm, it could also work as as a Janitor mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.