Register

User Tag List

Another Graveyard Game

I like roulette and it's a good way to pass the time so I can get my points at the end of the game.
    Have you considered adding an alternative game so that maybe there can be multiple gy games going on at once. Maybe something simple like a two-person rock-paper-scissors?
    Linux is too hard to run Blizzard games. Mac is too simple to run Blizzard games.
    Windows PC is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust right.

Re: Another Graveyard Game

Quote Originally Posted by kildja View Post
    I like roulette and it's a good way to pass the time so I can get my points at the end of the game.
    Have you considered adding an alternative game so that maybe there can be multiple gy games going on at once. Maybe something simple like a two-person rock-paper-scissors?
    Was actually thinking of a slot machine the other day. Hm..

I would suggest changing it so that the joining and betting phases of roulette are way shorter. I think 10 seconds each would be way better than 1 minute each. If people are gonna join they usually do it right away, same with betting. Having to wait 2 min for the game to start is a bit annoying IMO
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Betting on a player's role, or on who people are going to lynch, sounds interesting, though the problem is that some people may have 'insider' information xD
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Betting on a player's role, or on who people are going to lynch, sounds interesting, though the problem is that some people may have 'insider' information xD
    Hmmmm… What if as soon as you die you can pick a side as to who you think will win the game? If you're right you gain a few points, if you're wrong you lose a few points. The more days that pass from your bet until the end of the game, the more points you gain/less points you lose?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Hmmmm… What if as soon as you die you can pick a side as to who you think will win the game? If you're right you gain a few points, if you're wrong you lose a few points. The more days that pass from your bet until the end of the game, the more points you gain/less points you lose?
    that sounds interesting also
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Betting on roles feels bad, could lead to skyping or other abuse methods.
    Betting on which side is going to win is better than roles while still having some iffy side effects Im not super comfortable with.

Slots is godtier.
    You'd only be betting against each other tho, so abuse imo wouldn't even be a problem here. It's not like there are any new points getting generated there and if someone feels like he's getting conned by skypers he could always report them, which in turn would lead to more reports against skypers and would be a good thing.

The simplest implementation of betting would imo be to bet on the outcome (guilty/innocent) of the current or next trial. Could just bet points on, say, guilty, another guy bets innocent, the winner then takes the pot. Add some kinda haggling system where you take turns until someone agrees on the current quota to combat low last second bets.
    Apart from that you could also bet on whether or not a player is dying the next night or getting lynched the next day.

Betting on the Games outcome seems good, as well as betting on outcomes of who dies or gets lynched Next.

I think also a Lottery game would be nice.

People can start the Lotto. With -Lotto, or -Lottery and it would open up tickets.

-Lottery A B - A is number of tickets and B is points per ticket.
    -Lottery 10 10 = 100 points for the person who wins.
    People would type -Play 1 to buy 1 ticket or -Play 9 etc.

This would close after all tickets are bought just like -roulette closes when no more people can join, because of the number of chambers.

Scratchers could be similar to slots without the complications per say.

You would start a game by typing.
    -Scratch 1, 5, 10, 20.

" To buy some Scratch Tickets type -scratch "

Putting you into different tiers with different chances of getting a winning result.
    -scratch 1
    Result 1: You lost this time, try again? 55% of the time.
    Result 2: You won 1 point, play again? 30% of the time.
    Result 3: You won 5 points, play again? 14% of the time.
    Result 4: You won 20 points, play again? 1% of the time.
    - Obviously you'd have to break this down and see if it's worth it, as to not add too many points to the game. Where people play it occasionally but they find playing the game and not gambling an often time better way to get rewards. This would be against the house and not other players.

Betting on who wins/loses has a lot of caveats as to how it'd need to be done but it could be possible.

An issue I'm not seeing brought up is chat clutter that could appear for the dead. Though I'd like to be able to let players filter between the two, that's a ways away.