United States of America
    Kingdom of Belgium
    Russian Empire
    Japanese Empire
    Kingdom of Spain
    Kingdom of Portugal
    Empire of Brazil

Special Mechanics
    All players have the same role: Great Power.
    The two main attributes of a country are military power, and political influence. Military power counts as both defense and offense. When attacking a player, you deal damage equal to your military power. Likewise, that damage is mitigated by their own military power.
    Political influence is used for night actions. You gain political influence by lynching a player of an (enemy alignment), by using a nightkill, and by being the faction leader (gains ++ political influence per day).
    At the start of the game, the non-aligned countries are assigned a Faction and wincon. All countries start with 0 political influence; military power will be fixed at game start, with the faction leaders (UK and Germany) having the highest military power. There are between 2-3 Mafia, 9 town, and up to 3-4 neutrals.
    Lynch is plurality.
    Last will allowed.

Possible Night Actions
    a) Destabilize Government:
    Removes 200 political influence from the target.
    Cost: 100 PI

b) Send Expeditionary Force
    Boosts a target's military power by X for one night. You cannot send more than 25% of your own military power.

c) Sign Defensive Pact
    You and your recipient pool together 15% of your military power to create a shared military force.
    Cost: 150 PI

d) Conscript All Males
    You gain 20% extra military power.
    Cost: 100 PI/Free if at war (i.e., if you've been attacked/vice versa)
    Can only be used once per game

e) Send Ambassador (Non-Aligned only)
    Learn what sort of night action your target performed last night.
    Cost: 50 PI

f) Hold State Meeting
    Invite your target to a night chat.

Combat Mechanics

MA is the attacker's military power, MB is the defender's military power:
    If MB < MA < MB*1.5, MB will lose 50% of their military power.
    If MB * 0.75 < MA < MB, MB will lose between 10-30% of their military power, with MA losing anywhere between 20-60% of their military power.
    If MB * 0.33 < MA < MB * 0.75, MB will lose between 5-10% of their military power, with a 90% chance of MA losing anywhere between 40%-90% of their military power.
    Finally, at MA lesser than 0.33, MB will lose between 0-5% of their military power, and MA will be reset to 0 (the attacker will die).

If a country's military power, at any point, drops below 401 due to an offensive, the country is dissolved (i.e., the player dies), and the country who attacked them inherits all their remaining military power.
    Military Power at game start:
    German Empire: 1100
    Austria-Hungary: 750
    United Kingdom: 850
    France: 900
    Russian Empire: 900
    America: 800
    For all other countries, the military power is randomized.

Influence:
    Leader of the Entente: 50/day
    Leader of the Central Powers: 100/day
    Belligerent: 100/day
    Non-aligned: 50/day
    Influence: 250/lynch on day 1, 200/lynch on day 2, 150/lynch on day 3, 100/lynch from day 4 on; the influence must be distributed by the faction leader to other players (they get to keep 50 of the influence, the rest must be given away).

Win Cons:
    Entente: Eliminate the Central Powers, the Belligerent country, and the Non-Aligned, if they declare war on you.
    Central Powers:
    Eliminate the Entente, the Belligerent country, and the Non-Aligned, if they declare war on you.
    Belligerent: Eliminate everyone else.
    Non-Aligned: You must join one of the other two factions. You cannot win the game unless you do.

Last edited by ; July 1st, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Diplomacy 1914

Just as a heads up to guide the setup development: make sure you don't imply things that require a knowledge of history, so the setup can be played by everyone.

Judging by the color balance, there is a lack of the central Mafia mechanic : an uninformed majority VS an informed minority (or several).

Is lynch only plurality, or plurality + majority?

Edit: This is not an official review, just a contribution to the setup. Everyone is more than welcome to contribute to the creation! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Just as a heads up to guide the setup development: make sure you don't imply things that require a knowledge of history, so the setup can be played by everyone.

Judging by the color balance, there is a lack of the central Mafia mechanic : an uninformed majority VS an informed minority (or several).

Is lynch only plurality, or plurality + majority?

Edit: This is not an official review, just a contribution to the setup. Everyone is more than welcome to contribute to the creation! ^_^
    plurality+majority, at game start, everyone gets assigned to one of the three factions (entente/town, central powers/mafia, neutrals). the central powers share a night chat, also some 'events' are going to be part of the game potentially (such as Revolutions if one's military power is too low), and also, a random faction member may defect to the other faction during the course of the game.
    Last edited by ; June 20th, 2019 at 04:21 AM. Reason: can't spell today

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    plurality+majority, at game start, everyone gets assigned to one of the three factions (entente/town, central powers/mafia, neutrals). the central powers share a night chat, also some 'events' are going to be part of the game potentially (such as Revolutions if one's military power is too low), and also, a random faction member may defect to the other faction during the course of the game.
    fucking Italians
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Also What Happens If A Player Makes A Defensive Pact With All Nations?
    lol good question, I'll have to limit them to one per player I guess

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    fucking Italians
    yep 😂

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Colors aren't so clear. Are there already 4 "Belligerents"?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Colors aren't so clear. Are there already 4 "Belligerents"?
    one

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    one
    or rather at most one
    red = central powers
    light red = neutral, higher chance of becoming Mafia
    and so on

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    This looks very interesting, an issue i could see is how the unaligned are randomised. what if mafia gets 3/5 NA in their team? that would be a huge sway it seems
    It's not stated in the setup, but there can't be more than 2-3 Mafia.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17
    Ganelon

ready for review whenever @Damus_Graves @Marshmallow Marshall

18. ISO #18

I need you to organize the color scheme of the who is who. I can draw the conclusions of what you are intending but they should be explicitly stated.

Specifically Belligerent and Non-Aligned. What factions belong to those organizations? Again I state, be explicit in your clarifications.

Current understanding shows that no one faction is allied with another is this correct?

Can I request an OoO for this plz?
    Last edited by Damus_Graves; June 30th, 2019 at 01:32 PM.

19. ISO #19

Clarifications :

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth
    Military power counts as both defense and offense. When attacking a player, you deal damage equal to your military power. Likewise, that damage is mitigated by their own military power.
    This part can look like saying the combat mechanics are attack - defense = damage, which isn't what you mean. I think changing the wording would make it clearer.

For all other countries, the military power is randomized.
    What is the randomization span? I assume it cannot be lower than 401 to avoid instant deaths, but what is the celling? Please add this to the setup.

If a country's military power, at any point, drops below 401 due to an offensive, the country is dissolved (i.e., the player dies), andthe country who attacked them inherits all their military power.
    Does the attacker get the military power that existed before the attack, or only their remaining power? Please clarify.

Formatting/Missing elements :

The setup is quite big and complex, so I suggest to add spoilers to the bigger categories, and to give the text space by adding empty lines.

There needs to be an OoO. If a player dies, can they still destabilize government in the night, for example?

Examples would help players to understand the combat part. Putting math into words would also help, along with spacing text.

Combat :

If MA < MB < MA*1.5, MB will lose 50% of their military power.
    Why does the defender lose 50% of their military power, which is extremely deadly in the setup, given the 401 military power death limit, if they have more power than the attacker? This makes little sense to me. I suggest to lower the defender's loss, and to attribute the attacker some loss.

There is a lot of RNG in the combat mechanics. RNG reduces the possibility of controlling how balanced the game will be; 20 to 60 percent loss relies too much on it.

20. ISO #20
    Ganelon

thanks, I'll answer your questions in a jiffy, gonna post a new setup I've been working on for some time (tis far from done however and is hidden, however I mostly have the main storyline figured out, it's gonna be a Chicago-style setup)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.