Register

User Tag List

Hacker: finds out visit history of a player alive the night of the hacking

Hacker: town affiliation and acting somewhat like coroner and detective, but checks players still alive and gets the history of the target's visits for all prior nights. Does not get info about others visiting the target (does not get coroner-like info on that side), only the actions of the person being hacked.

For bala: do not reveal the visit during that night itself (the detective function), only previous nights. Therefore N1, "can't find his computer login".

Re: Hacker: finds out visit history of a player alive the night of the hacking

Hey @PQRnHack ! Thanks for dropping by R&D.

Basically grabbing the real last will of a target is an interesting concept though it's hard to balance for two primary reasons.

-You'd be almost 100% certain if a target is lying by comparing last wills.
    -It diminishes the power of the other investigative roles (like Detective) substantially.

It certainly needs restrictions to keep it in check. Despite being somewhat necessary -- requiring a day before being able to Hack (and the target to be alive) is a good start.
    Introducing X-shots to it or alternating nights for actions could work but it's gonna require some serious testing. I'd hate to introduce a concept like this and then have it be overpowered or completely terrible.

Another small issue going forward is that such a large amount of information is difficult to store in a last will, Coroner suffers from this problem as well. I'll probably check into expanding it in the future but it's not on my to-do list at the moment, that chat system was built from the ground up and it's finicky.

With all that said, we could certainly explore that mechanic in the future. I'm not sure if this is the ideal iteration of it however.

Others are free to chime in to give their thoughts or opinions. Thanks again.

this is completely overpowered.
    Under the currently meta Vanguards who can visit every other night can claim det or LO and lie about the nights that they couldn't visit anyone. If your role is introduced, it will make these roles weaker
    As for GF, this role will make the game completely unplayble for them as just 1 night of investigation can confirm that the person being checked is the mafia killing.
    To balance it out you will have to introduce charges, which will then make this role boring because the chances of everyone being investigated being town is pretty high
    CHOO CHOO, THE SQUIRREL GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE SQUIRREL MESSIAHS ARMS!

If not for the current pm the gov/confirmed role meta this role wouldn’t be overpowered. But with confirmed people taking others’ LWs it would be godlike. I mean it is just a detective that can see all visits rather than 1 after all.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Neutral Evil Role that steals Charges of another players abilities w/ limited use?
    Meh. Would be extremely hard to code I imagine to give a player the ability to shoot, heal, jail, etc. all at once
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Meh. Would be extremely hard to code I imagine to give a player the ability to shoot, heal, jail, etc. all at once
    Headcannon here would be you have to use the ability you stole before taking another
    and you can only take 2/3 times