Ask DarkRevenant to teach how to modify his Sc2Mafia code
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Ask DarkRevenant to teach how to modify his Sc2Mafia code

It seems that the reason that Sc2mafia development halted because no one knows how to continue his code, and the reason why is that DarkRevenant did not leave behind a thread on what to do with his code (How to add new GUI, How to add new Role, how to modify this existing mechanic.)

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: Ask DarkRevenant to teach how to modify his Sc2Mafia code

And modifying someone else’s code is very difficult and time consuming
    Last edited by ; April 12th, 2019 at 03:08 AM.

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

besides the actual reason development has stopped is because the map is close to its memory limit, there is pretty much nothing they can add at this point without greatly reworking the entire coding

5. ISO #5

Lol
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I see, so the only way progress can be continued is to make a new game.
    not true either. It's just that it is difficult to make changes without breaking shit due to how crazy the sc2 editor is. There are actually 2 people working on it rn
    Last edited by DJarJar; April 13th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

8. ISO #8

if the map is close to memory limit, then just remove the unnecessary fluff, I bet the mothership extended took a lot of needed space, and so is the rest of the executions that we don't care about. There's also the shitizen and auditor, and unbalanced options like "detect exact role, can make 4 executions", and the silly skins. Hell, all gamemodes need to be removed and overhauled, we have played sc2mafia to the point that we know what a good setup is, remove the saveslot feature, which removes the need for a good saveslot every game, remove the setup of the day, chicago and lawless, and everything. Replace the removed gamemodes with default 9-3-3, Mafia vs Triad, and Cult save.
    Last edited by BoomBoom; April 15th, 2019 at 07:13 AM.

9. ISO #9

if the map is close to memory limit, then just remove the unnecessary fluff, I bet the mothership extended took a lot of needed space, and so is the rest of the executions that we don't care about. There's also the shitizen and auditor, and unbalanced options like "detect exact role, can make 4 executions", and the silly skins. Hell, all gamemodes need to be removed and overhauled, we have played sc2mafia to the point that we know what a good setup is, remove the saveslot feature, which removes the need for a good saveslot every game, remove the setup of the day, chicago and lawless, and everything. Replace the removed gamemodes with default 9-3-3, Mafia vs Triad, and Cult save.
    tl;dr but im pretty sure this is stating what i think 100% needs to be done. I agree, we finally need to implement the dragon execution into the game.

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

this
    Hi there.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Portaloo View Post
    this
    The map really isn't at memory limit. It was removed with patch 1.5.0 from august 2012. On top of that there's still stuff like every single investigator result ever created in the script and newer stuff like monster-mode is some of the most wasteful, purely cosmetic stuff ever added, and then not even available for players usually.

14. ISO #14

Why not like, actually work on a new mafia game in arcade with less spaghetti code and more optimized for LotV. It breaks every now and then. Keep some of the same ideas while getting rid of really dumb or unnecessary ones. It's always the same excuse of "Oh we can't ever do anything about it."
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    Why not like, actually work on a new mafia game in arcade with less spaghetti code and more optimized for LotV. It breaks every now and then. Keep some of the same ideas while getting rid of really dumb or unnecessary ones. It's always the same excuse of "Oh we can't ever do anything about it."
    Welcome back
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Welcome back
    Oh... you just remembered me of that thread..... Still the same guy apparently :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Oh... you just remembered me of that thread..... Still the same guy apparently :P
    He is really not me alt. He’s a friend of mine who made an account just to mimic everything I say

sarcasm in case you were confused
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

19. ISO #19

Also... If you think it's that easy to completely remake the map, do it yourself ;)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    This game doesn't needs any updates actually, that's why it isn't updated.

SC2Mafia is a finished project!
    Arsonist is fake news

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Wasn't that limit removed like 2013 anyway
    It was raised but not removed by Blizzard. Because of Sc2mafia btw.

also, this memory limit is the reason the map can’t handle judge/crier saves very well

25. ISO #25
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    the game is perfect the way it is.

If you change the game now, its not even SC2Mafia annymore. dont ruin it
    I don’t agree, theres a lot of things one can still add, there’s a lot of roles and functions that are rather common in Forum Mafia but don’t exist on sc2

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    It was raised but not removed by Blizzard. Because of Sc2mafia btw.

also, this memory limit is the reason the map can’t handle judge/crier saves very well
    It was raised by 400%. No, two roles alone just don't use 4 times the memory of literally everything else combined before they were added.