I don't have a Veteran in my setup, because the role is not about social deduction, is unfun to play with and against, and is about luck, but still the Veteran role exists in the game, and many players include it in their setups, so much fun to die as a bodyguard because I just happened to visit the wrong guy right? So much fun to die as a Blackmailer because oops you visited the wrong guy and now you die!

Pros and cons of Veteran existing in game:

Pros: None, this is a social deduction game and Veteran is not a role that contributes anything to the social deduction, is unfun to play with and play against, a vigilante/jailor/bus driver kill is often praised, a veteran kill not so much, especially as a veteran is more likely to kill town with the alert(or a lottery draw of kills as I like to call it)

Cons: already said above on the pros section, because I am that bitter about the Veteran being in the game that I already put the cons on the pros section.

AS I AM WRITING THIS, I AM PLAYING A Sc2 MAFIA RIGHT NOW, AND A VETERAN IN MY GAME JUST KILLED A SHERIFF ON NIGHT 1, AND THAT"S EXCUSED, AND THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE FUN OF THE GAME.

tldr: Veteran is a role about a lottery draw of kills, contributes nothing to the social deduction aspect which is why this game is being played.