Punitive meta
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Punitive meta

  1. #1

    Question Punitive meta

    I got a question for all FM players. Do you think that we should, as a community, begin to apply a punitive meta?
    I'm talking here about the enforcement of policy lynches on the anti-town town-aligned players, who have a disruptive behavior.

    I am NOT talking about holding grudges against people, it would have to be done respectfully and on a game-by-game basis.
    I am not talking either about destroying playstyles or gambits. Simply, the clearly disruptive yet not criminal actions that harm town need to be dealt with, and I believe that it would be a good way to do so.


    Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.
    Spoiler : LOGIC :
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ACCEPT THE ONE TRUE FAITH

    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfr View Post
    yes, please punish inactives with a d1 lynch
    Nah, replace inactives. To have replaces, just host smaller setups. But that's another story...
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.
    Spoiler : LOGIC :
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ACCEPT THE ONE TRUE FAITH

    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.

  5. #5

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfr View Post
    yes, please punish inactives with a d1 lynch
    This is the most pro town thing to do, idk why ppl so against it

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Re: Punitive meta

    Just host smaller setups. If you have to beg someone to sign for a game cuz you can’t fill it up, there’s just naturally going to be a decent chance that they are less interested in the game then you want them to be and hence end up afking.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  9. #9

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Just host smaller setups. If you have to beg someone to sign for a game cuz you can’t fill it up, there’s just naturally going to be a decent chance that they are less interested in the game then you want them to be and hence end up afking.
    Yes, this is going to be done. However, this is not only about AFKs, but about general anti-town behavior. Being intentionally weird and confusing is underpunished (gameplay-wise) IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.
    Spoiler : LOGIC :
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ACCEPT THE ONE TRUE FAITH

    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.

  10. #10

    Re: Punitive meta

    Every community kinda does this. Its just not usually intentionally.

    Go play on other sites and you will quickly find yourself being policy lynched for some things that make no sense. Then after you play there a while you learn how they view behaviors and they learn how to read the way you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    if we could just stop catering to the toxic attitude and apathy that has become the culture of this site.
    Its easy to tear something down. Building something real takes a level of conviction and dedication that is not cool or fun.

  11. #11

    Re: Punitive meta

    Tbh. I have no problem with most plays, I only really have a problem with inactives. They throw the quality of the game in the shitter, but unfortunately there is little that can be done about them. If you punish them they'll most likely end up not signing again, which is something that would kill the site LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  12. #12

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Every community kinda does this. Its just not usually intentionally.

    Go play on other sites and you will quickly find yourself being policy lynched for some things that make no sense. Then after you play there a while you learn how they view behaviors and they learn how to read the way you play.
    I know, I already did and am doing that literally right now, and see what you mean... but here, we have a problem with anti-town behaviors and, as Mag says, INACTIVES that we can't always replace. Yes, it's not intentional... usually. We can make it intentional, and that's the very point of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.
    Spoiler : LOGIC :
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ACCEPT THE ONE TRUE FAITH

    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.

  13. #13

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I know, I already did and am doing that literally right now, and see what you mean... but here, we have a problem with anti-town behaviors and, as Mag says, INACTIVES that we can't always replace. Yes, it's not intentional... usually. We can make it intentional, and that's the very point of this thread.
    that's what I am saying, make smaller setups so ppl who are going to be inactive don't feel pressured to join
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  14. #14

    Re: Punitive meta

    Can you be more specific about what sorts of "anti-town plays" you're referring to? This seems to be about more than inactivity. If you've got a particular player or play in mind, you might as well say it now rather than being coy. You'll have to be direct later anyway.

    Also, what do you intend we do? We already lynch players who are anti-town if there's no good suspects... right?

    Sorry if I'm missing some crucial context because I haven't played in 6 months XD

  15. #15

    Re: Punitive meta

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Can you be more specific about what sorts of "anti-town plays" you're referring to? This seems to be about more than inactivity. If you've got a particular player or play in mind, you might as well say it now rather than being coy. You'll have to be direct later anyway.

    Also, what do you intend we do? We already lynch players who are anti-town if there's no good suspects... right?

    Sorry if I'm missing some crucial context because I haven't played in 6 months XD
    Lol this is not a sly attack at a player

    And that's the issue: we're not doing it so much now, because of meta. Meta says that X player does this as town even if it's bad, so they live.... and that is the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.
    Spoiler : LOGIC :
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    ACCEPT THE ONE TRUE FAITH

    Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Mafia MAY be town.

  16. #16

    Re: Punitive meta

    If you are not going to play.
    Don’t waste time. If there is doubt you won’t be able to commit. Don’t waste time.
    If you signed up to be a troll. Don’t waste time.


    It is impossible to play with inactives or with trolls. I suppose these lynches.
    You cannot send an entire game spamming Kingdom Hearts and “No you are a dumbass to suspect me this scum” as a strategy. That is anti fun.

    Part of the game is effective debate. “No you” doesn’t count as a defense and yet it is acceptable here.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •