Mafia MU Championship Season 6 Nominations! (Oudated Thread)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Mafia MU Championship Season 6 Nominations! (Oudated Thread)

Hello everyone!

We as the SC2Mafia community have been invited to the Season 6 MU Mafia Championship game! As usual, we would like everyone to vote for their nominations to who we, as the SC2Mafia community, are sending this year.

Spoiler : The Invitation :

Ahoy there!

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 6 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 270+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Thingyman as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 187 communities this season (last season featured 170 communities), and if interest is high enough we will expand even further to 204.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 26, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes

You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 6 FORMAT

The tournament structure

187 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    QUALIFIERS: 11 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 11 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd place finishers will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
    WILDCARDS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 5 will discuss and vote to determine 23 players in total deserving of a second chance. They will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the aforementioned 2nd place finishers that advanced directly to these games. From each game, three players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 6 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

As always, they must be liable to represent us, which includes:

1.) Has played AT LEAST a single FM on the forum during this year (2019)

2.) Has no criminal background pertaining to FM in our community.

3.) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Is willing to represent this site and community as a whole, and give them what for!

Please vote as per the usual way for who you feel would best represent this community! ([vote][/.vote] without the .)

Also feel free to vote for someone to be our reserve player as well, just in case!

Thank you everyone! So excited to see how we do and how this turns out!!! ^_^
    Last edited by AIVION; April 3rd, 2019 at 02:35 PM.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

2. ISO #2

Re: Mafia MU Championship Season 6 Nominations! (PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!)

-vote Blinkskater
    for president.

And -vote Ganelon for vice president.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    -vote Blinkskater
    for president.
    i've enjoyed both playing with blink, and hosting & watching him play
    -vote blinkskater

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    -vote blinkskater
    ayyyyy
    and i think im going to vote Aivion for the reserve. Since I think Aivion would enjoy playing a 17 player mafia game on a forum shes only played once with around 50 people watching her every post.

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

7. ISO #7
    Ganelon

-vote blinkskater

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    and i think im going to vote Aivion for the reserve. Since I think Aivion would enjoy playing a 17 player mafia game on a forum shes only played once with around 50 people watching her every post.
    ;-;

D-don't do that

I'd freak out xD

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

-vote blinkskater

mother lickin mvp <3
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

12. ISO #12

-vote blinkskater

Im not involved enough to have an opinion past feeling that if Crypt throws a serious vote its a good move to back it up.

Anything I can do to help you from this point on I will as I can blink. Best of luck
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Bump, if people want to put serious votes in, it's now or never! And don't forget to include a replacement (2nd pick).
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

15. ISO #15
    Ganelon

-vote blinkskater

-vote Necroplant
    for replacement

16. ISO #16

Cut down the amount of shitposts and spam in official annoucement threads, please!

17. ISO #17

Cut down the amount of shitposts and spam in official annoucement threads, please!
    Dunno what the problem is these are all people with valid opinions and the general consensus is that Hypersniper should represent the comminity
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Dunno what the problem is these are all people with valid opinions and the general consensus is that Hypersniper should represent the comminity
    Is that what some people mean when they say "The People stand united, and speak with a single voice"? :P

Anyway, any further spam/pure shitposts (aka without a serious vote or contribution) will be deleted to keep a minimal cleanness level.

Edit: And I deleted the shitposts, too. I agree with Helz at 100%, by the way.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; April 10th, 2019 at 09:10 AM.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

So just to be honest we no longer have a player draw with the loss of growth in SC2 and we alienate ourselves from the global community in a number of ways.

I will be sad when this community no longer exists but I hope its worth the cheap jokes we keep making out of our opportunities to do something with the global community and I really dislike that the people who care the least hang around and perpetuate the situation.

Please take this thread seriously. You guys can be real dicks sometimes and it makes me feel worth less for caring about the community when you so carelessly make a joke out of something that gives the site any future. We could have a huge player draw with the unique level of complexity in our games if we could just stop catering to the toxic attitude and apathy that has become the culture of this site.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

21. ISO #21
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    So just to be honest we no longer have a player draw with the loss of growth in SC2 and we alienate ourselves from the global community in a number of ways.

I will be sad when this community no longer exists but I hope its worth the cheap jokes we keep making out of our opportunities to do something with the global community and I really dislike that the people who care the least hang around and perpetuate the situation.

Please take this thread seriously. You guys can be real dicks sometimes and it makes me feel worth less for caring about the community when you so carelessly make a joke out of something that gives the site any future. We could have a huge player draw with the unique level of complexity in our games if we could just stop catering to the toxic attitude and apathy that has become the culture of this site.
    I agree, sorry Helz
    -vote blinkskater

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    for replacement

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

I know my opinion doesn't mean much, but

-vote blinkskater

2nd
    -vote stealthbomber16
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

28. ISO #28

I know my opinion doesn't mean much, but

-vote blinkskater

2nd
    -vote stealthbomber16
    Wrong thread; this was for last year's championship. Go here instead : https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...s-(Vote-Here!)

You do have a voice for your opinion, by the way; just make sure to read the eligibility criterias before placing your vote. @PowersThatBe

Edited the thread's title to prevent further confusion.

29. ISO #29

Wrong thread; this was for last year's championship. Go here instead : https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...s-(Vote-Here!)

You do have a voice for your opinion, by the way; just make sure to read the eligibility criterias before placing your vote. @PowersThatBe

Edited the thread's title to prevent further confusion.
    How did I end up here. lol
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

30. ISO #30

How did I end up here. lol
    I clicked the helz quote, that's how. Duh. I'm dumb boomer.
    Shut up cow.