Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

adjust diablo roar frequency?

I'm sure people have different views on this, but I feel like the diablo avatars roar far too frequently. Not only does it kind of disrupt the night phase immersion (while everything is black you still hear roaring as if you are in daytime at town circle) it's extremely loud, very short time between roars, and if there is multiple people with the avatar it becomes ridiculous.

I like ambient noises in-game because I play a lot of other SC2 game types, so it's kind of a hassle to have to go into game settings every time I switch to Arcade. I end up usually just Ctrl-S disabling sound for the entire game just to mute the game mode rather constantly toggling audio settings.

Alternatively, disable avatar so that it only roars during daytime. Just a suggestion.

Re: adjust diablo roar frequency?

Don't think this is possible unless you can remove the unit entirely during the night phase and just respawn it during the day phase, which may cause some lag depending on how many diablos there are and whether or not you choose to do that to each unit model or just diablo. The game isn't optimized for having 15 units spawning at once, esp with particle effects n shit.

Or there may just be a way to remove the sound effects entirely but I don't deal much with the editor so this is my mega ghetto solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    please stop shitposting
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

I’ve seen some vigilante justice with this before, people leading a lynch on the guy using the diablo model D1 because it’s that hated. Imo just disable the diablo completely. People only use it now specifically because they know it annoys others
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I’ve seen some vigilante justice with this before, people leading a lynch on the guy using the diablo model D1 because it’s that hated. Imo just disable the diablo completely. People only use it now specifically because they know it annoys others
    or they want to show they are the best of the best with their points
    May The Heart Be Your Guiding Key

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    We need a hotkey for diablo that makes him "roar".
    For example: if chat is not opened, then "r" key makes him "roar".
    And only player that plays with diablo can hear "roars".

Problem solved.
    100% sure this is straight up impossible tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    please stop shitposting
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

Here how to only disable the roaring of Diablo without turning off other sounds.
    Go to sound options, there should be an box that says "Ambient Sounds". turning that off removes sounds like birds/insects, and diablo also.

@aamirus , I use diablo because I like it. I never found it annoying myself either.
    If they replace diablo, I would prefer they replace it with someone that have a very distinct animations. Like Murlock Marine/Ascended Kerrigan.
    Last edited by MrMostache; March 11th, 2019 at 11:48 AM.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    Here how to only disable the roaring of Diablo without turning off other sounds.
    Go to sound options, there should be an box that says "Ambient Sounds". turning that off removes sounds like birds/insects, and diablo also.

@aamirus , I use diablo because I like it. I never found it annoying myself either.
    If they replace diablo, I would prefer they replace it with someone that have a very distinct animations. Like Murlock Marine/Ascended Kerrigan.
    He explicitly stated that he doesnt want to turn Ambient noises on and off just due to Sc2Mafia, which is a fair concern if a better solution can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

He explicitly stated that he doesnt want to turn Ambient noises on and off just due to Sc2Mafia, which is a fair concern if a better solution can be made.
    That's fair. We can replace it with some of the units who has a really good animations.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post

I never understood why people would moan about the diablo, probably because usually when I play I have some music on or something. Or maybe on my old computer I had the ambient sounds disabled. IDK. Anyway, one night I was basically alone in my apartment building because it was spring break and everyone else had already left to visit their parents. I wasn't in the mood for music, so basically the only sound in the entire building was coming from mafia.

Someone used the diablo model AND HOOOOOLY shiiiiit suddenly I understood the hate. Roar. Roar. Roar. Roar. Roar. The first couple roars I was just thinking "ah someone picked diablo, people are gonna rage lel". Then as we got into N1 and I was trying to actually think about my night action.. the roaring just started to get to me. Each roar was like the diablo was mocking me. I couldn't focus because it just got progressively more and more annoying!

D2 starts and immediately some guy is like "LET'S LYNCH THE DIABLO!". I am ashamed to admit I hopped RIGHT onto that train. The chance of getting rid of this evil noise was worth at least getting a role/lw claim. The dude claimed doc on the stand and asked why he was up. At least half the lobby voted guilty, with the others just abstaining and 0 inno votes. The guy flipped doc.... and I wasn't even slightly sad to see him dead.

tldr: f the diablo!
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

@Helz is this something that can be changed or altered?
    Very easily. I cant edit the map myself these days but I should be able to walk someone through messing with the unit editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    if we could just stop catering to the toxic attitude and apathy that has become the culture of this site.
    Its easy to tear something down. Building something real takes a level of conviction and dedication that is not cool or fun.

I have some knowledge of how the editor works. I think I can modify the unit if you walk me through it. Message me in skype or discord and we can figure out a time to work on it.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)