Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
yes, but consistently lurking when town is fighting each other doesn't make you a good/skilled player lol. any fool could win in that situation
Not necessarily. "Wagonomics" are pretty useful, and a big TvT chaos can eventually lead to a game solved status, where everyone is confirmed town or close to it, or a "mechanically locked status", where the number of lynch candidates, by PoE confirmation of other towns, is < the number of kills scum could get.

There ARE times where it can be beneficial to be underground, and to let town destroy itself a bit. However, I believe it should not last more than a day.
Plus, I personally never use lurking as a strategy, as I prefer to have an influence on the game directly, to debate, etc., because it's why I love this game lol.

My point is that lurking CAN be used and has benefits. Used = Can be good, ABused = bad.
Of course, inactivity is a no-no, and should NEVER be used as a strategy, because it is not one; it only hurts your team.

Note that this point of view applies only to "standard" roles, which means that jesters/ghosts/executioners/survivors could want to lurk and it could lead to interesting things. These roles are however not usually fun to play with, and the fact that lurking is interesting for them is part of the problem.