User Tag List

ban SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

How To Enter:
    Post in this forum with the following information:

• A replay of the game
    • SC2 Account Name
    • In-game name and player #
    • A brief description on why you think you think you (or the player you're nominating) deserves to be MVP.

Nominating An MVP:
    You can nominate yourself in your own replay, or you can nominate another player. If you nominate a winning player, and they win, you will also receive a prize to be decided by the staff.

How To Win:
    Factors that lead to a win are... how strong your given role was, Special Achievements you earned (or would have earned if not already won), how good (or bad) the other players were, and how much influence your own actions had in the game.

Additional Information:
    This thread will be open until the end of July 2019, at which time the contest will be closed for judging. Please remember to follow the rules below when posting a replay. And remember... be sneaky and have some fun!

Prizes:
    WINNER: MVP In-Game Achievement, MVP Forum Badge, and 2500 points.
    RUNNER-UP: 500 points.

CONTEST RULES

• A maximum of 2 replays are allow per submitting player. Any submissions beyond the first 2 will be ignored. If you want to make additional submissions, delete an older post first to be ensure you only have 2 submissions.
    • You cannot place more than once per contest... this means you cannot win 1st place with one replay and also 2nd place with another.
    • Replays must be complete and not end before points are saved at the end.

Last edited by rumox; April 2nd, 2019 at 11:57 PM.

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: Winter 2019 Edition

Okay so I want to nominate myself off of this judge win but shit we need to somehow advertise this so other people post. I don't want to win based off of being the only submission...

Anyway, I was judge. Most of the evils get themselves killed off early on with most of the town alive. I say nothing at night all game so nobody expects a judge. I use my own scumhunting abilities to guess that 2 is the last mafia and send that to the marshall. 2 gets lynched and is indeed mafia. Marshall sees me as confirmed so I just basically go under the radar for the next few days as the town argues over who the last evil player is. I patiently wait until marshall finally does his second -lynch and then I court and kill 3 towns and take the solo judge win. This is a 5 town vs 1 neut comeback as judge.

MVP judge.SC2Replay

Second submission:
    As triad informant:
    Early on it was down to me, an obvious executioner, and 6 town. I chose to disguise as a player that clearly had significant information about the game based on what he was saying, but was less likely to be protected than the confirmed investigative role. He turned out to be a bus driver with a decent lw that I made good use of. The executioner was obvious and ended up getting lynched the next day (and to give myself additional credit, I called him out on his fake lw). It was then all me vs the town. The next day a LO caught me visiting the guy who died. I utilized the bus driver LW to get the people alive who had been bussed to confirm me. At the same time, I avoided lynching or killing the LO who had caught me so that his lead could not be revealed as legit. I kept on going until the point where the LO was so upset he decided to suicide to reveal that his lead was legit. Unfortunately for him, when he suicided it was too late and I won the match.
    triad win 1v5.SC2Replay
    Last edited by aamirus; April 13th, 2019 at 02:26 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Hello hello! I'm a relative nubbie in SC2 Mafia, so I don't know if this game is particularly worthy of an MVP game or not, but I'm pretty proud of it so I'm gonna give it a shot. It's a solo witch win!

My SC2 account name is Xerxes.
    My in-game name and # were: 9. Othello
    Achievement(s) earned: Forever Alone

In this game, I started as the Amnesiac. On Day 2, the Marshall revealed and I told him what I was, claiming that I would pick a town role. I voted with him to establish credibility. N2, I held off on choosing a role, wanting to wait for (1) more roles to pick from and (2) to have a better gauge of which side would win. I crossed my fingers and hoped I wouldn't be picked off during the night.

Day 3, continued voting with Marshall. N3, I knew I needed to make a choice. I debated hard within myself to whether to choose Doc and heal the Marshall, as town was ahead, or take a big risk and go Witch. At the last second, I changed my mind from Doc to Witch. YOLO!

Fortunately for me, the Sheriff checked me on N3, so I looked clean, and he said so publicly on Day 4. The Marshall died overnight. This bought me more cred and allowed me to quietly wait for my opportunity. When the Sheriff died on N4, the following day there were only 3 of us left. One mafia, one town, and me. Both thought I was also town.

On D5 both accused each other, and I played like the innocent, conflicted townie (I was also debating in my head which one was truly the GF, because I wanted to lynch him to guarantee a solo win, as I wasn't sure the game mechanics would let N5 come for me to make the GF shoot himself if the townie was lynched). I guessed correctly, ignored the angry slurs, and then shocked the crowd when the game went into the night cycle. Witch Win the next morning! Thanks for reading!

Witch Win.SC2Replay

I've taken the quick liberty of recording these Neutral Evil wins. Will be posting them to YouTube for easy viewing later today.. And we need more rare sc2mafia footage on there anyway.

Edit: Videos are LIVE, check my profile for the link to them.
    Last edited by Sixx; March 3rd, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

Thread still open and few replays, its not over?

if so, i was going to post this but i left when i died. rKP8ctQ.png

But here is one
    Role Dragon Head
    Ingame Name Dragon Head

SoulEaterR, im dragon head vs marshall, day 5 all teammates are dead, triad kill hit NI, there's 5 players left with marshall + bus driver. day 6 im voted up for trial, 1-1 convinced marshall that im still sheriff, and that i found arsonist. arson gets trialed and lynched, Night 6 bus driver gets me and i hit myself, only 4 players left in game, day 7 i also had copy pasta my old LW and people asked why i changed it, i convinced them, everyone believes im still sheriff and we end up lynching the last unconfirmed role.

bus driver+marshall vs dragon head ending.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MasterNinja; March 10th, 2019 at 05:39 AM.
    #AlwaysProtecc

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2019 Edition

Account Name: Omegasaur
    Ingame Name: [Bright Blue Bar]
    Ingame Number: 14

I was an Arsonist who won without burning. I claimed Amnesiac and survived until the end, when a Liaison died to a Jester, leaving an Arsonist/Dragon Head tie. I lurked in the early game, and gained the trust of the Town. I even helped a friendly Jester complete his role objectives.
    Omegasaur MVP 2019 - No Burn Arson.SC2Replay
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)