[Approved Hidden Setup] S-FM He Has His Work, and Nothing More (13P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM He Has His Work, and Nothing More (13P)

To continue the train of fully hidden setups that will never be played, I present to you.

He Has His Work, and Nothing More
    13 players

Heavily inspired by like 6 things, including Cryptonic's legendary hidden S-FMs.
    I'm planning on running this some time in March, when my schedule really clears up.

Rules
    All standard S-FM Rules apply
    Quoting your exact win-con or rolecard is not allowed and will result in modkill.
    This setup is fully anonymous- no COM hunting!
    Pictures are allowed within reasonable size. Hopefully I don't need to specify what "reasonable size" is.
    Videos are allowed as long as autoplay is off.
    Roleplay is encouraged. At the end of the game there will be a vote as to who fit their character best. The winner will win some kind of shitty prize.

Mechanics
    48 hour days. Day 1 will be 72 hours and will not be a lynch day.
    24 hour nights.
    Last wills and death notes allowed.
    No copy-pasting your rolecard in your will or death note.
    There will be anonymous accounts.
    Lynch is non-mandatory until the first death.

Special Mechanics
    Roles may gain or lose parts of their rolecard through the game.
    Roles may receive new descriptions through the game.
    Roles may change alignments through the game. There is no cult.
    Roles may receive new win cons based on public day action results.
    All roles will have a full description.

Example Rolecard
    Maggie Hamptons
    "Anything you might need to know can be found here. For a price, of course."
    You run London's center of gossip, the Hamptons' Bar. After your father passed away he willed it to you, his only heir.
    The work may not be up your alley, but by distancing yourself through layers upon layers of corporate barriers, you hardly have to deal with it.
    Your line of work means you hear a lot. Just the other day, two members of the St. Patrick's Chemical Board came in for a drink and discussed work. You don't care. As long as you make your money.
    • You have no night actions.
    • You have no special attributes.

You must remove anything that is a threat to the town.

Last edited by Stealthbomber16; January 29th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM He Has His Work, and Nothing More

I think I've got the flavor down. Preliminary rolecards are making it look like this will be a sick game. Get hyped.

4. ISO #4

It would be cool if we could come up with some way to actually create the anonymity. In previous anon games i think even without trying to comhunt u usually figure out who at least half the people r pretty quickly. I have no ideas though
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    It would be cool if we could come up with some way to actually create the anonymity. In previous anon games i think even without trying to comhunt u usually figure out who at least half the people r pretty quickly. I have no ideas though
    I’m hoping to have this done through the role play aspect.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    It comes down to how hard players try to conceal their Com. I have played it both ways in the past, sometimes making it easy to find me (werewolf ball sfm) , other times making it nearly impossible (FM5).
    Not everyone tries to hide themselves, which is why it's sometimes easy.

7. ISO #7

@Stealthbomber16 How close from completion is this? Do you plan on hosting it soon?

About comhunting, it's really up to players to not be obviously themselves, AND to ignore the indicators from other players about their real identity. When a post is made calling someone by their normal account name, it's very obvious that the author doesn't care about the rule. Sadly, thoughts of players cannot be moderated, not even 100% by the players themselves. Players should simply try to ignore it, and when comhunting comes to their mind, think about something else.

This went pretty well for the no comhunting, by the way. The mindset players should adopt is similar to this games'. Anonymous signups also help.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    @Stealthbomber16 How close from completion is this? Do you plan on hosting it soon?

About comhunting, it's really up to players to not be obviously themselves, AND to ignore the indicators from other players about their real identity. When a post is made calling someone by their normal account name, it's very obvious that the author doesn't care about the rule. Sadly, thoughts of players cannot be moderated, not even 100% by the players themselves. Players should simply try to ignore it, and when comhunting comes to their mind, think about something else.

This went pretty well for the no comhunting, by the way. The mindset players should adopt is similar to this games'. Anonymous signups also help.
    I have the ideas for everything I want to do, I just haven’t written everything down yet. Probably late February/March for this, I’m hoping? Since it’s a hidden setup and can’t be approved I think it would circumvent the queue and definitely won’t be on the ladder.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I have the ideas for everything I want to do, I just haven’t written everything down yet. Probably late February/March for this, I’m hoping? Since it’s a hidden setup and can’t be approved I think it would circumvent the queue and definitely won’t be on the ladder.
    Alright. And yes it won't be on the ladder, but I'd prefer it to be on the Queue so games can organize (being hidden doesn't prevent it from needing players and taking a slot in queue).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Alright. And yes it won't be on the ladder, but I'd prefer it to be on the Queue so games can organize (being hidden doesn't prevent it from needing players and taking a slot in queue).
    Then go ahead and submit me on the queue and we can just delay the game until I’m ready.